Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Don't Fear the Reaper

AuthorMessage
Snorri Oysterbloom in Grizzleheim wants to speak with you, but only if you've completed the quest "I'm with the Band"!

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Are you kidding me?!?!?

"Do bears sit in the woods?"

You know darn well what the real catch phrase is, and there you go doing what other wizards do when they are trying to get around your chat filters in order to swear.

If KI monitors the chat logs when a player gets reported, who monitors KI?

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Preacher7719 wrote:
Are you kidding me?!?!?

You know darn well what the real catch phrase is, and there you go doing what other wizards do when they are trying to get around your chat filters in order to swear.

I agree because people all around me do it. There should be someone taking care of that. It' getting one my nerves!

Survivor
May 22, 2009
No offense, Kingsisle, but really?!?!?!

Are you kidding me?

These were the three most pointless quests i've ever done in my Wizard101 quest.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
Are you kidding me?!?!?

ROFL... I totally missed that one. That's hilarious but yes, I agree, they are inadvertantly encouraging swearing around the chat filters. The quest I remember thinking "how cute" was "If a tree falls" (or whatever they called it).

Hero
May 27, 2009
I was really hoping for more as well. After defeating the boss, getting a level 20 robe, I thought there would be more to come for the higher level areas. But nope, all done. Very disappointing.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Someone is into Blue Oyster Cult I see. I know Eric and played Gemstone III with him back in the day :)

Even went to see him in Cleveland when he had a concert.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:

Snorri Oysterbloom in Grizzleheim wants to speak with you, but only if you've completed the quest "I'm with the Band"!

Who and were is he???????

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
Drako72 wrote:

Are you kidding me?

These were the three most pointless quests i've ever done in my Wizard101 quest.

It is a side quest for anyone not just masters and grandmasters, if I remember correctly, "I'm in the Band" is around the time you beat saverstaad pass.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
Rokk wrote:
Drako72 wrote:

Are you kidding me?

It is a side quest for anyone not just masters and grandmasters, if I remember correctly, "I'm in the Band" is around the time you beat saverstaad pass.

which ones im in the band?

Defender
Mar 06, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
Are you kidding me?!?!?

Yes, I so agree with that. People all around me use phrases like that but I dont report them because when I first started Wizard101 I reported people but they never get caught!
I will try to make a post about this issue please write what you think about these phrases if it posts.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Amber2345 wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:
Are you kidding me?!?!?

I agree because people all around me do it. There should be someone taking care of that. It' getting one my nerves!
i agree. there should be a way for them to monitor what the players say, they overestimate their filter's security! people swear with text chat on a daily basis, and something should be done! KI, is there a way you can monitor the chat boxes ? it would cetainly help to stomp out foul language on this allegedly safe filter. take a look at your "kid friendly play enviroment" and you will see just how many kid friendly sentences there are. i recommend game masters. people in your company who keep an eye on the players, but never says that he or she works at kingsisle who can somehow manage to get an extra large friends list and add as many players as they can, and they will get what i am talking about! i am really upset about this! plz do something KI! plz!

bionaknight wrote:
i agree. there should be a way for them to monitor what the players say, they overestimate their filter's security! people swear with text chat on a daily basis, and something should be done! KI, is there a way you can monitor the chat boxes ? it would cetainly help to stomp out foul language on this allegedly safe filter. take a look at your "kid friendly play enviroment" and you will see just how many kid friendly sentences there are. i recommend game masters. people in your company who keep an eye on the players, but never says that he or she works at kingsisle who can somehow manage to get an extra large friends list and add as many players as they can, and they will get what i am talking about! i am really upset about this! plz do something KI! plz!

Every single player age 13+ is a moderator. We’ve given our players the ability to report inappropriate chat or behavior, and we encourage you to act responsibly and use this tool. Each and every report is read by a real person, and acted upon accordingly. Egregious or repeated violations of the Terms of Use will result in a permanent account ban and deletion of your characters.
False reports are also not tolerated, and can result in sanctions against the players making the false reports.
We put the power of moderation in the hands of our players; you can make a difference in Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
So your basically saying you are not going to do anything about it because chidren cursing is not that important. I have sent in numerous complaints and see the same people every day doing it. So really I think your enforcement is a bit lax and I would definitly have a work with the team responsible for it. I will be the first to admit I will poke fun at noobs in an area they have no sense being in. But even I can curb cursing, even coded cursing.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
Snoori Oysterbloom has some funny quests, which actually get you in battles lol.. First of all I thought he was part of the Celestia quest...Dont get me wrong, I was dead wrong.

"With the power of Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, Life, Death, and Balance, you will win. Flames apon your eyes, seal the frost, control the sea's, summon creatures by memorizing their true name, healing to victory, stealing health, and blading, with the power...A true Wizard can be.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Just be happy the filter is as it is, another MMO, we will not discuss it's name, has allowed the use of all profanity as long as it is not directed as an insult to other players. Their claim is that kids hear worse in schools.

But back on topic as to wether or not a bear sits in the woods. I know the answer to the age old question now