Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are the mounts so expensive?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Hi, I am Jacob Crowspear and i really want a mount. I don't want anyone gifting to me because i have been ripped off a ton of times, but either I can't afford to buy more crowns to buy the mount I want and when I try to save gold I just seem to spend it somehow. I just want to know why are they so expensive and could you lower it a little bit so some people could afford it easier without emptying their wallet or purse or spending all the money they saved up to end up probably only getting a seven day mount. Please just tell me why they are so expensive.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
My suspicion as to the expense for permanent mounts is, just that they are a permanent boost to your speed. Also depending on the mount you can obtain it via gifting, crown, gold, or beating certain bosses and getting it as a drop item. Good luck getting the one you want.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
You know, I don't know why they are expensive at all! I mean, all they do is make you go faster by just a little bit. I don't need to go faster, so for me it just looks cool! So ya, why IS something that has almost no purpose so expensive?

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
Problobly Because They Give You +40% speed,But I Agree that they should lower but not like by a thousand! 8) :D :D 8)

Survivor
Aug 20, 2008
I don't agree that they should lower the cost. The cost is high in gold, yes, but it is possible. I have been saving for about two to three months (not playing every day) And simply sold anything I didn't need.

Easy way to do it is this. Create a second wizard or use on that you don't play on a lot. Transfer everything your not using to the shared bank. This includes strange household items you will never use, gear that doesn't work for an existing wizard and whatnot. When you get a new hat or robe, sell the old ones and never look back. Once all this stuff is in your shared bank have your spare wizard pull it all from the bank and sell it. If the item is no auction, sell at a store. If the item is available for auction *COMPARE PRICES* Sometimes if its a common item you will get less than the stores will pay you for it. You can sell house stuff for good prices at the house vendors only. *I think*

Before you start saving, choose the mount you want and keep your eyes on it. NEVER buy the seven day mount. I wanted to purchase the royal lioness which sells for 85,000 gold. I was nearly there and spent a bunch dying my outfits...and regretted it. Set me back quite a lot. In the end though I made enough to get the Lion instead of the lioness.

If your just after a mount of any sort and could care less what one you get, watch the sales shop and grab a broom for 50,000g.

It is possible. Trust me, when you finally get it, it is worth the pennies and time.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Ellis wrote:
I don't agree that they should lower the cost. The cost is high in gold, yes, but it is possible. I have been saving for about two to three months (not playing every day) And simply sold anything I didn't need.

Easy way to do it is this. Create a second wizard or use on that you don't play on a lot. Transfer everything your not using to the shared bank. This includes strange household items you will never use, gear that doesn't work for an existing wizard and whatnot. When you get a new hat or robe, sell the old ones and never look back. Once all this stuff is in your shared bank have your spare wizard pull it all from the bank and sell it. If the item is no auction, sell at a store. If the item is available for auction *COMPARE PRICES* Sometimes if its a common item you will get less than the stores will pay you for it. You can sell house stuff for good prices at the house vendors only. *I think*

Before you start saving, choose the mount you want and keep your eyes on it. NEVER buy the seven day mount. I wanted to purchase the royal lioness which sells for 85,000 gold. I was nearly there and spent a bunch dying my outfits...and regretted it. Set me back quite a lot. In the end though I made enough to get the Lion instead of the lioness.

If your just after a mount of any sort and could care less what one you get, watch the sales shop and grab a broom for 50,000g.

It is possible. Trust me, when you finally get it, it is worth the pennies and time.

Thanks Ellis for the advice, I followed what you said and I got the permanet dark redwing I wanted :D Thanks!

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Bryce19994 wrote:
Problobly Because They Give You +40% speed,But I Agree that they should lower but not like by a thousand! 8) :D :D 8)

Only plus 20%

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
garyboy11 wrote:
Bryce19994 wrote:

Only plus 20%

20% for one day mounts, 40% for week and permanent mounts.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Great Question!

Why have expensive mounts, and still have to pay for a subscription. I mean doesn't KI make enough money on subscribers in the first place?

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Actually in my past message I said I got a permanent dark redwing, I was lying there, but now I got a permenant black stallion. :D But I got it with crowns not gold, and it was the most exspensive gift card but it is worth it, I get more respect from people and more people are asking me to be friends with them but they just keep asking for mounts.

Jacob Crowspear level 33 Necromancer
and
Marley the Black Stallion

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
just keep battling bosses until you get one. they are pretty rare so you might level up. i got a black stallion 1 day from alicane swiftarrow good luck