Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"WizardGraphicalClient.exe ha stopped working"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
I just started getting this error ONLY when I exit the game client. I have never seen this error prior to the latest castles and lands patches... Not sure if it's the culprit or not tho...

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
I'm having the same problem, as of yesterday, Friday, May 8. Prior to that, I could literally play for hours with no problem. Now, it just randomly logs me out and the client crashes. Nothing new has been installed either, so it makes it frustrating :)

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
I am also getting this error upon exit (so it isn't a game stopper with me), and find it interesting that on the two computers with nVidea graphics (a laptop and a desktop) it occurs, but on my laptop with integrated Intel graphics, it does not happen.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
I'm having the same issue. I have an ATI 1900XL in my machine.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
i am having this problem as well. i orginally thought i happened when i alt tab to desktop and activate explorer. but it does that even if i do not. i end up the last few times having to restart my computer because the desktop settings are messed up or i am missing some icons. it all comes back when i restart. please GM's patch the patch and fix it.

Survivor
May 23, 2008
nvidia 6200 same issue on one of my 4 systems. Kids are playing but I cant... NO FAIR!!!

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
I have found a fix for this error atleast it worked for myself. If you "right click" on your Wizard101.exe and choose properties, then choose the "Compatibility" tab change the compatibility mode to Windows XP (service pack 2). Make sure you check the box " Run this program in compatibility mode for: then choose Windows XP (service pack 2). Click apply and your done. This seems to have fixed this error for me. Hope this helps some people. :D

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
Same thing going on here. But when i play my background is completely black, well not completely.. but i can only see things like the cursor wizard names spell book mana/ health.. Then everything else is black.. i really dont know why it is doing this.. i've went to W101central to see if anyone can help me out, but no luck.. I'm currently waiting on mr Lincoln to reply back to my message..Anyone know whats going on here?

Thanks.