Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shields not going off in arena spellsdontwork

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I was in the arena fighting a storm guy and I put on a storm shield then he put on a convert and I put on a myth shield and tower shield, he used Triton and no shields went off so he killed me and this happens a lot to me and I lost my rank from it and that my spells don't work and every time I try to rank back up the same problem happens. I think it is not fare because when you go in the arena to win you lose because you're shields don't work, and my spells don't work I press the spell click the target and my turn passes without any spell and that is the thing that angers me more I think it is because of the Pet Pavilion ever since you came out with it things started getting all messed up I know you are trying to fix them but it's kind of silly that things are getting messed up that never got changed. So please try to fix it I don't know if I am the only one with these problems if I am sorry I can't give you any more information.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Ok, here's the deal about how your shields worked in that fight. Shields, traps and charms are actually in a layer. Charms are activated in the order they were put on, shields and traps are activated in the reverse order they were put on.

1) You put down a Storm shield
2) He put a Storm prism on you. This means that his Storm damage will be converted to Myth damage before it comes to your Storm shield, thereby being able to bypass that shield altogether.
3) You put down a Myth shield. Unfortunately, his Storm attack is still Storm damage and bypasses your Myth shield.
4) You put down a Tower Shield. Tower shields are activated by any type of damage from any school. Your Tower Shield was activated. Chances are, he either got rid of it first with a wand, or it was activated when he used Triton, but he still did enough damage to kill you.

What you should have done after he placed the Storm prism on you was to put down another Storm shield.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Heput a prism after your storm shield and before your myth shield. Of course they didnt work. You only lost rank bc he was a better duelest then you, its obvious he is considering you dont even know how prisms work.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
Heput a prism after your storm shield and before your myth shield. Of course they didnt work. You only lost rank bc he was a better duelest then you, its obvious he is considering you dont even know how prisms work.
That's nice I know how the shields work but I had two storm shields one before the convert one after. What do you have to say about my cards not working? I noticed you didn't say any thing about that.