Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Paid 96,000 to hatch and got same pet!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I farmed for weeks to get enough gold to join my jade oni and satyr together. It cost 96,600 to join them. I waited with anticipation for my egg to hatch, only to find out it was a satyr just like the one I already have ! Very disappointing to say the least. :?
I won't be hatching again.
Wiz people, the whole concept is a good one, BUT, for all the money we should get a pet unlike what we have.
Even a Saryr body with a oni head would have been acceptable

Kimberly Spirtheart-GrandMaster Life
Kimberly Nightshade-GrandMaster Death

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
The only pets we know about that make hybrids are the level 48 pets with other level 48 pets, or unobtainable pets, like Danger Hound and Pioneer Dragon.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
The only pets we know about that make hybrids are the level 48 pets with other level 48 pets, or unobtainable pets, like Danger Hound and Pioneer Dragon.

i paid 107534 in gold to mix my storm hound with stormzilla and got a stormzilla i dont get it it was waste of money to me spent a week or so making that gold selling items and farming bosses to get what i already have i understand your pain i wish they would do something about this

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I also spent 100,000 gold and my friend the same amount to combine two level 48 pets, Stormzilla and Orthrus. What I hatched was...ANOTHER STORMZILLA, EXACTLY LIKE I ALREADY HAD! My friend's hatchling was exactly like his Orthrus!

I enjoy playing the game, but feel I have been duped into spending hours and hours on farming, buying crowns for gold and looking forward to a new hatchling, only to receive the exact same pet, (with lower power i might add)

Seems like there should be some kind of compensation, even if it's a really big "I'm Sorry".

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Survivor
May 26, 2009
hey greyrose this is for you since you work here allot of my friends say there is a red kraken pet that drops from kraysys is it true

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010

nothing really wrong with same pet because most people original pets dont have that great talent, so you can retrain the new pet and try to get better talents.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
KMK524 wrote:
I farmed for weeks to get enough gold to join my jade oni and satyr together. It cost 96,600 to join them. I waited with anticipation for my egg to hatch, only to find out it was a satyr just like the one I already have ! Very disappointing to say the least. :?
Wiz people, the whole concept is a good one, BUT, for all the money we should get a pet unlike what we have.

yes it is very messed up i hope they fix this, btw my life and ur life have the same last name lol

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
I to am annoyed allot, first hatch i spent 114,000 to hatch frostzilla and stormhound and i got frostzilla bacl -_-
second hatch i spent 97,000 hatching stormzilla with wraith and i got stormzilla pet back with WORST stats! and the funny thing is the persons wraith i hatched with got tempest pet! seem fair in anyway what so ever?

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Yea so uh i havent hatched yet and i never will. THIS IS JUST BOGUS! The most money i have ever had is 35k and i am not going to waste it. KI really got over-reacted with this fee.

P.S: I think KI did it on purpose because say you put in a orthrus and stormzilla, you might get the stormzilla pet but with the orthrus sats. Well thats what i have heard.

Yours Sincerely,
Carlos Wildrider
Level 37 sorcerer

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
buster415 wrote:
I also spent 100,000 gold and my friend the same amount to combine two level 48 pets, Stormzilla and Orthrus. What I hatched was...ANOTHER STORMZILLA, EXACTLY LIKE I ALREADY HAD! My friend's hatchling was exactly like his Orthrus!

I enjoy playing the game, but feel I have been duped into spending hours and hours on farming, buying crowns for gold and looking forward to a new hatchling, only to receive the exact same pet, (with lower power i might add)

Seems like there should be some kind of compensation, even if it's a really big "I'm Sorry".

Sad to say the least, I hatched a life scarab and a pixie, and got a pixie, hatched a stoem hound and ortheous gor a copy of storm hound with bad stats, hatched wrath with helephant got another helephant. This is very expensive, its not monopoly money, I broke my heart to see my baby crying after spending lots of crowns training and a bunch of hard work farming to get a copy of stormzilla, shame on KI, you should fix this, not make people spend money like its going out of style.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Castorez wrote:
Agreed. They really should change this.

I think the breeding cost is wayyyyyyyyyyy to high. I think it should be no higher than 10,000 it takes forever to farm to get that much gold and I sure as heck am not spending that "much" money to aquire breeding rights.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
roll the dice pay the price. There is about 25% to get your pet, your hybird, the other person's pet, or their hybird. The numbers aren't exact but Tod Coleman said it's about that

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
KMK524 wrote:

Ok look. The pets they don't usually change drastically. Most of the time it changes the school a life and life will create a life satyr. If it was war oni and satyr. You'd get a jade oni or fire satyr.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
sorcerer187 wrote:
Yea so uh i havent hatched yet and i never will. THIS IS JUST BOGUS! The most money i have ever had is 35k and i am not going to waste it. KI really got over-reacted with this fee.

P.S: I think KI did it on purpose because say you put in a orthrus and stormzilla, you might get the stormzilla pet but with the orthrus sats. Well thats what i have heard.

Yours Sincerely,
Carlos Wildrider
Level 37 sorcerer

People are over-reacting. This is a problem from KI. It's a bug. They're fixing it when Celestial comes out. They believe that is they fix it they may mess up something else. So, they are waiting.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
yea and i recently mixed my stormzilla with hydra and got stormzilla with lowest stats ever but my partner got leviathan i think that they should either lower the prices or make it so you get a hybrid everytime and they said on the test realm that they lowered the price. BOGUS. the price got lowered maybe 1,000 for the 48 mixes KI you really need to make it fair :(

Survivor
May 23, 2009
ME TO! I saved for weeks so i could mix my orthrus with a stormzilla. It cost 98 THOUSAND gold to hatch them. And guess what i got? A Orthruss! a asked my freind what they got and they also got another stormzilla! not a mythzilla a stormzilla. All i wanted was a storm hound but NO!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
jonthe1231 wrote:
ME TO! I saved for weeks so i could mix my orthrus with a stormzilla. It cost 98 THOUSAND gold to hatch them. And guess what i got? A Orthruss! a asked my freind what they got and they also got another stormzilla! not a mythzilla a stormzilla. All i wanted was a storm hound but NO!

Feel your pain and then some!lol i have 7 grands and have spent over a million
gold between them.The only rare pet i got from ALL these hatching was a grimzilla on my storm but the thing boost DEATH. LOL So its basically useless.
And yes i would be forced to admit I should have given up after third or fourth
try.XD yup the lvl of my own stupiditly amazes me. hahaha Well i'm well known
for my bad luck. XD

Survivor
May 30, 2009
The frustration is with me too! On the test realm, I've hatched TONS of times, and all I've gotton is COLOSSUSES. I WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
Sadly, you did the hatch 1 day before hatching w/ a lot less gold came out in the new updates :?. It is now half as cheap so not as much agony! By the way, you can see what you got before it hatches at the Wiz city Dye shop so you don't have to wait, I have to tell a lot of people that . I'd suggest farming the Coven in GH for gold, or Oyotomi, a lot of people have different opinions. Idk if there is actually a mix for Satyr and Jadeoni so I'd suggest mixing with another LVL 48 pet!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
They should explain the hybrid hatching so people are aware of what they will get once they combine pets, I did see some cool pets in the test, but since it costs so much and there have been so many problems I dont think I will be combining/hatching pets myself. :?

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
turtleboy777 wrote:
sorcerer187 wrote:

Yours Sincerely,
Carlos Wildrider
Level 37 sorcerer

People are over-reacting. This is a problem from KI. It's a bug. They're fixing it when Celestial comes out. They believe that is they fix it they may mess up something else. So, they are waiting.

If it is a bug then KI should have the hatching part of the game disabled until they fix it. That is a tremendous amount of gold to waste, especially if KI knows there is a problem with it.

Survivor
May 11, 2009
i no, first of all the hatch cost is wayyyyy too expensive i can never get that much gold! i mean whats the point if you cant ever get enough, and they need to work on their mix types to where they stop getting the same pet every time. I SICK AND TIRED OF IT!