Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Slipping by Malistair dungeon

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
Okay a lot of people have been doing this lately (sp?)

They are basically avoiding most of the major bosses in the Malistair dungeon.

The reason?? To cut the time which I understand mostly.

The part that I dont understand is that, I went with some friends and we didnt skip ANY of the bosses. The dungeon took 2 hours and 30 minutes. WE WORKED HARD!!! How come these people, who log out during a duel, get to complete the dungeon skipping most of the main bosses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am VERY VERY mad at this problem. We worked hard on the Malistare dungeon and now wizards are going in and making it far too easy.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
What exactly are they doing?

Are they exploiting a bug that lets them skip forward or,

are they porting to you when you get to the boss?

If they are porting to you ask them nicely to stop or remove them from your friends list.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
h2ulgsyd wrote:

there is no way too avoid most of the bosses. There are four bosses. One of them is optional in the howling cave. The other two are the gurtoks, which you have to fight, and you have to fight malistaire.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
I dont skip out because the bosses have useful items like jewelry that I can use or sell. However, some people are farming Malistaire for their schools grandmaster robe which I understand. I mean do you always fight EVERY monster you meet in a dungeon? No you have a friend with you, you flee and port back to the friend. Its the same thing. Especially with that Kensington Park. That place is only for grand to be honest O: I ported to a friend who was in the middle of it and luckily it counted it for my uest completion :-)

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
h2ulgsyd wrote:

The part that I dont understand is that, I went with some friends and we didnt skip ANY of the bosses. The dungeon took 2 hours and 30 minutes. WE WORKED HARD!!! How come these people, who log out during a duel, get to complete the dungeon skipping most of the main bosses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am VERY VERY mad at this problem. We worked hard on the Malistare dungeon and now wizards are going in and making it far too easy.

The first three are designed sneak past but not the others since its a no sneak zone like Sunken City. They do that by one going into the fight, the others run past, the one that ran in flees then ports back.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
The ones that are not designed to be sneaked passed just keep the trigger alive during the fight that way the others can't slip past, everyone gets pulled in.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Your point is...? Is it "People can do something I'm not smart enough to figure out so I'm mad"? cause that is what it sounds like

Defender
May 30, 2009
Seems to me that this thread is referring to what my group calls "leap frogging". For those who don't get that, it's where one of us joins the battle while the others get clear, then the person in the battle quits and then ports back in where it is safe again. My group only does this with the fire collosus toward the beginning of the dungeon as they don't really drop anything of use. This can be done with the Gurtoks to get to the crystals if you just don't want to fight them but most of us have multiple characters and usually need the drops. I don't see how this would effect the original poster's game play unless he/she is with a group that just doesn't want to fight them all. In that case I would suggest either you get the rules straight before going in or choose another group to go with. I personally think it is the individual group's choice as to whether or not they fight all the battles.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Your point is...? Is it "People can do something I'm not smart enough to figure out so I'm mad"? cause that is what it sounds like

My point.... The Malistare dungeon is designed to be a challenge.

It SHOULD be a challenge. Players are making it seem like the easiest dungeon in the world.

Hero
May 19, 2009
h2ulgsyd wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

It SHOULD be a challenge. Players are making it seem like the easiest dungeon in the world.

Ok first of all for all of you who dont know how to sneak pass the boss's, its simply really. Just the old human bait and flee trick. One person joins battle with the gurtoks and the others run around towards the cyrstal stands. Btw who cares if players are doing this it saves alot time when you are farming malistare.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
h2ulgsyd wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

Okay, you dont have to do most of it. You just have to kill the two gurtoks after two battles then use the crystals to unlock the door. If it took you that long, you did all the side parts in it. There is the first room, the path of scales, then you get past the lower room then you are to the Gurtoks. Don't complain if you did all the side parts.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Yeah well you can do what you want. Not everyone has to work like you do. If you have a problem with having to work slip through it. Just I don't understand why you are complaining about something usless.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
h2ulgsyd wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

It is one of the easier high ranking dungeons. There are many other challenging dungeons and fights than Malistaire and the string of fights leading up to him.

After all I had been through to get there, it was a disappointment. It was long but that doesn't count as being more difficult.

I went back a couple of times and said this just isn't worth it so I go to other sources of good fights.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
h2ulgsyd wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

It's not a challenge even if they do fight every enemy, but people have better things to do then fight dropless enemies and bosses that they dont need or care about.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
well where is th e malistare dungen i have no idea where you guys dont know how to act

Defender
May 30, 2009
Usually, I ask if my group wants to do a full-run of the dungeon or skip certain parts BEFORE we go in. Most people who do the dungeon are farming for their Grandmaster robes, athames, and rings so a large portion of the time the fire colossus-looking things and the little dragon things (I forgot what they're called! Ooops!) are skipped to get to the bosses faster. I've never seen anyone get quite as upset as you are over skipping certain sections of the dungeon, though..

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Seriously I have no clue why this is an issue, if people "skip" or "leap frog" etc they won't get all the items you could potentially get, so why the whining? Generally most people do it for a specific purpose to obtain a specific item, or at least an attempt to get it. They don't get the XP you will get if you did the entire run and fought all the mini-bosses. Why do you care? It has no effect on your gameplay or outcome, generally everyone I have come across that farms Malistaire or now in Celestia Trial of Spheres is going after specific items from specific bosses and they have already finished the entire dungeon multiple times.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
I have two things to say here:

1. There is NO reason you should be upset about this, because you're basically judging others for what they do.

2. This SHOULD NOT be posted in Halston's Laboratory, for it doesn't affect gameplay, mechanics, or anything that's computer related.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
h2ulgsyd wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

first of all, it kind of is, ive done trial of the spheres, and that makes malistaires dungeon look like a joke.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
h2ulgsyd wrote:

and now, there is another way to do this! :?

a way that makes us hard workers even more annoyed (i confess i've used this before, but never when i had the quest! only for farming) if you teleport just as you go through the door to the room with the elevator, it warps you to the elevator, if you teleport to someone when your getting off it, it warps you to 1 of the crystals.... and through the doors you can get to the others.... and because of the no timer thing, two legendaries could beat this dungeon in about 5 minutes..........

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
gazoofio wrote:
h2ulgsyd wrote:

there is no way too avoid most of the bosses. There are four bosses. One of them is optional in the howling cave. The other two are the gurtoks, which you have to fight, and you have to fight malistaire.
i'm afraid to say your not correct

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
What's funny is you people bringing a dead topic back from June like it's serious. You have been trolled xD

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
LOL you can hang with Malistaire for quite some time while they get into the family feud.

What do you think of the changes?

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
h2ulgsyd wrote:

Um you can only skip one boss in the whole dungeon( the myth boss in howling cave) the rest you have to fight

Austin ShadowHammer Legendary Necromancer