Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

IS JUDGEMENT REALLY A PROBLEM?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
i know many people speak about balance, saying judgement is the treat 2 pvp killing most people. I also overheard that without judgement,balance would be the weakest school. Is that true? NO! Balance is well pointed toward its name, for starters i mean that there shields are balanced to be for all schools,but unlike regular schools which take 70% from shield, Balance shields take only 50%. Second thing so i can go back on topic, explain to me all the other ranked X spells such as heck hound, storm hound, dryad, and absorb(ice form). May i remind ya that balance only has 2 BLADES AND ONE TRAP PLUS FEINT, they abiously need judgement cause they barely have anything to power themselfs up!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Yes, it is a problem, it also happenes to me in pvp so this is a problem.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I have a Balance wizard with Judgment, along with an Ice, Life and Myth wizard just to mix it up a bit.

I don't see my Balance wizard as having any advantages over the others, even with Judgment. The other school's spells are equally powerful when you consider that Judgment depends on the pips, with 100 damage per pip.
This means that 6 pips equals 600 damage. Any 6 rank spell does that and more.
If I save up pips past that to use for a bigger Judgment, that means I'm getting hits waiting it out.

No, you can't drop a shield to protect against it, but neither can you for Fire school's DOT spells after the initial hit. Minotaur hits twice as well, so a shield only covers the small first hit there.

It all evens out.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
woot000 wrote:

People who say its a problem are noobs who don't know how to play the game.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2008
IamLezul wrote:
woot000 wrote:

You probably used to complain about it all the time, because we were all noobs at one time. I complained about it but its a waste of time to complain because if you don't know how to defend a judgement you need to look it up

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
What's so hard to take about Judegement is the relatively few ways to stop it. Yesterday I dueled a balance player who hit me with a nearly 7000 point judge. Through a tower shield. It actually was more like a 6700 damage hit, but thats just splitting hairs really. For any wizard to stop that you would have needed two kinds of tower shields. It is (and was) a tough match to swallow. Instead of ranting and raving I congratulated my opponent on a "nice hit" and "gg"'d before leaving the arena. I played well with the cards I drew, hit him a lot, and was one turn away from beating him. Now if I didn't have a fizzle earlier in the match maybe things would have been different. Who knows, thats the way this game goes sometimes.
I understand Balance doesn't have many options to play. And it's tough to defend against a hit through the shield that would defeat most any wizard in the game, but instead of whining about it, just think of how many times you have luckily won a match because your opponent misplayed, fizzled, or was "ranking down." I remember (and keep in mind I was playing my grandmaster diviner) winning a match because two wild bolts hit in a row! How lucky was that. It's a game, don't take it so seriously. Be a gracious opponent, win or lose.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Judgement is not a problem, you want a solution buy tower shields, weakness and put them on at the right time, that is how you solve it. I notice my storm is good at pvp but even then. In my opinion I am only able to get high rank on my life and my storm. Others like my fire and death have low rank even if they shield!! Haven't tried myth, ice and balance yet, but I heard they are good at pvp. The main trick is to tower and weakness key to winning in my opinion, works for me. Trying this, because can find no other solution to get my rank up.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
IamLezul wrote:
woot000 wrote:

they not noobs they just mad cause they dont know the best secondary schools thats all like ice and life should be the first scondary schools for any beginner and pvp it really good with ice in 1v1 and 2v2 life good for 2v2.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
IamLezul wrote:
woot000 wrote:

balance really is unfair. only school with no shield, and no dispell. and judgment even never fizzles. what makes them even harder to beat is there health. there health is so much and there power is so strong. i know thats balance's only weapon thats good but the only way to defend yourself from it is weak defense spells. so you think we're a noob? well you would understand that if you were one that got killed like that, you would post something different.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
"akifoniq" wrote:
balance really is unfair. only school with no shield, and no dispell

And no blade.

and judgment even never fizzles

Lol.

what makes them even harder to beat is there health. there health is so much and there power is so strong

Balance is middle-of-the-pack in health. Life and ice both have noticably more.

i know thats balance's only weapon thats good but the only way to defend yourself from it is weak defense spells

So tower shield is weak?

so you think we're a noob?

Yes.

well you would understand that if you were one that got killed like that, you would post something different.

Sounds like you need a new strat. I'm beaten by good fire, death, and storm players.

Of course, that's inapplicable to you. Key word in the above statement is "good".

L2P perhaps?

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
possumman14 wrote:
"akifoniq" wrote:

And no blade.

Lol.

what makes them even harder to beat is there health. there health is so much and there power is so strong

i know thats balance's only weapon thats good but the only way to defend yourself from it is weak defense spells

So tower shield is weak?

Yes.

well you would understand that if you were one that got killed like that, you would post something different.

Sounds like you need a new strat. I'm beaten by good fire, death, and storm players.

Of course, that's inapplicable to you. Key word in the above statement is "good".

L2P perhaps?

i put a tower and i still died. weakness to still died! and they got too blades. balance blade and bladestorm. and i have a great strat. it almost always works. o and your just trying to act smart and we not noobs. you people are the ones. you guys most likely never actually realized how strong these balance wizards are.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
akifoniq99 wrote:
possumman14 wrote:
"akifoniq" wrote:

And no blade.

Lol.

So tower shield is weak?

Yes.

L2P perhaps?

i put a tower and i still died. weakness to still died! and they got too blades. balance blade and bladestorm. and i have a great strat. it almost always works. o and your just trying to act smart and we not noobs. you people are the ones. you guys most likely never actually realized how strong these balance wizards are.

Maybe you shouldn't try PvPing when you're level 32 then. Try to actually get some hit points and resists. That's what real PvPers do, not just people who think Marleybone is just too hard.

Balanceblade does only 25% and is negated by weakness since both are not school-specific. Dragonblade does a whopping 20%, AND costs a pip. I don't even deck it for 1v1, as it's a total waste. Considering that all other schools get school blades that are individually 35-40% as well as tri-blades that are 35% (with training point and costing a pip), not to mention infinite other school-specific traps. Plus if you cast weakness and tower shield on it, it's very easy to break. Ever notice why us GOOD PvPers use a wand that isn't the same attack as our school.

Yeah, you strike me as noob. Not only are you obviously bad at PvP strategy, but you don't even seem to be up on the basic concepts. Couple that with atrocious spelling and grammar, and you just look like a random private who gets whipped in PvP on a frequent basis.

Next time you open your trap, use it to ask for advice and not to complain. You may improve.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Obviously you can tell when someone will use judgement, so suck it up and buy some tower shields and weaknesses.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
balance is a problem due to a stupid move by wizard101 to put balance blades on hats and pets, to put more powerful judgements on equipments and to make judgement a large damage per pip casting card... as such it is the single hardest hitting 1v1 card in the game and has no shielding defense against it (tower shield simply won't hold up against such an attack, and gets knocked off by about everyone before balance normally even attacks)

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
possumman14 wrote:
"akifoniq" wrote:

And no blade.

Lol.

So tower shield is weak?

Yes.

L2P perhaps?

Maybe you shouldn't try PvPing when you're level 32 then. Try to actually get some hit points and resists. That's what real PvPers do, not just people who think Marleybone is just too hard.

Balanceblade does only 25% and is negated by weakness since both are not school-specific. Dragonblade does a whopping 20%, AND costs a pip. I don't even deck it for 1v1, as it's a total waste. Considering that all other schools get school blades that are individually 35-40% as well as tri-blades that are 35% (with training point and costing a pip), not to mention infinite other school-specific traps. Plus if you cast weakness and tower shield on it, it's very easy to break. Ever notice why us GOOD PvPers use a wand that isn't the same attack as our school.

Yeah, you strike me as noob. Not only are you obviously bad at PvP strategy, but you don't even seem to be up on the basic concepts. Couple that with atrocious spelling and grammar, and you just look like a random private who gets whipped in PvP on a frequent basis.

Next time you open your trap, use it to ask for advice and not to complain. You may improve.

No offense but you seem like a very rude person. Try being nice and see it from their prospective.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
akifoniq99 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
woot000 wrote:

balance really is unfair. only school with no shield, and no dispell. and judgment even never fizzles. what makes them even harder to beat is there health. there health is so much and there power is so strong. i know thats balance's only weapon thats good but the only way to defend yourself from it is weak defense spells. so you think we're a noob? well you would understand that if you were one that got killed like that, you would post something different.

balance is not unfair. our health is average, judgement does fizzle at the normal rate, and it's so hard to get it to massive power anyway. do you have an x rank spell? no. i think not.

and tower shield + weakness + spirit armor is the prescripted judgement-fighting combo! prescribed by me. i am telling people how to topple my only good attack spell!

and if you can't fathom the idea of layering different types of defences, and actually think that a spell with 85% accuracy never fizzles, that definitely does make you a noob. the only reason i beat a storm lvl48 is that i had crown gear to give me enough health to survive that barrage. being balance had nothing to do with it; an ice wizard of my level with no robe, hat or boots would have been blown away. having a 10+ pip, well bladed and well trapped tempest is not something anyone could survive with no help; my minions were "blown away like dust in the wind" (quote from my favorite anime).

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
possumman14 wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
possumman14 wrote:
"akifoniq" wrote:

And no blade.

Lol.

So tower shield is weak?

Yes.

L2P perhaps?

i wear crown gear so i do have a lot of health and the level 45 crown gear. i dont know about heartsteel though. it gives resist but doesnt give very much health. o and i am a captain. not a private. alos though, when i am on the message boards, i dont use my best grammer. i just want to type quick. and i almost always win. just lose to balance and death.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
So you lose to balance. That's the heart of the problem.

I usually lose to myth. I don't recall making thread after thread after thread about how orthrus/e-quake is OP and should be nerfed or eliminated.

Dear KingsIsle,

Could you please nerf rock? It's unfair and OP. Paper is fine though.

Sincerely,

Scissors

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
really thats just sad just cause jugment kills you doesn mean its a bad spell and by the way i am a fire wizard not balance

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
here is how to defend aganst judgement put as many aborbs as you can,put a tower shield,finally put a weakness on him and there

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
^ LOL possum nice. I agree. Judgement, not a problem...

Dear KI,
Pleasee only allow 1 pip spells in the arena so I don't get hurt too bad.

Sincerely,
A bad pvper.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
yes it is and especially because balance shields alot and they resist almost all the other schools

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
FoxFyr wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
woot000 wrote:

balance is not unfair. our health is average, judgement does fizzle at the normal rate, and it's so hard to get it to massive power anyway. do you have an x rank spell? no. i think not.

and tower shield + weakness + spirit armor is the prescripted judgement-fighting combo! prescribed by me. i am telling people how to topple my only good attack spell!

and if you can't fathom the idea of layering different types of defences, and actually think that a spell with 85% accuracy never fizzles, that definitely does make you a noob. the only reason i beat a storm lvl48 is that i had crown gear to give me enough health to survive that barrage. being balance had nothing to do with it; an ice wizard of my level with no robe, hat or boots would have been blown away. having a 10+ pip, well bladed and well trapped tempest is not something anyone could survive with no help; my minions were "blown away like dust in the wind" (quote from my favorite anime).

I don't mean to be rude but judge isn't hard to get. You get it when you are high adept. Found that out on a link called wizard101 wiki. And i am not a noob.
Let me guess, you do not know what it even means? Yea I thought so. And balance wizards wear gear that give pip chance because there spells already have good accuracy. Also, Balance health is almost 3000. Average is maybe 2000-2500(not including storm). I do think tempest is stronger then judge in anything but 1v1. But there is something good about tempest at least. It can be shielded quite easily. And let me say one more thing. I was doing practice with my friends and we were testing how strong judge can get. With no defense, It can do over 15000 damage. And since I am reached warlord, I really do think there is a 0% chance I am a noob. And maybe you should study in school before coming to the message boards so you know how to type with grammer thats good and knowing what words mean. Like noob.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
possumman14 wrote:
So you lose to balance. That's the heart of the problem.

I usually lose to myth. I don't recall making thread after thread after thread about how orthrus/e-quake is OP and should be nerfed or eliminated.

Dear KingsIsle,

Could you please nerf rock? It's unfair and OP. Paper is fine though.

Sincerely,

Scissors

That just sad how people they are perfect an are showing it off like that.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
It is NOT a PROBLEM, just another SPELL! Without judgement, balance would be fairly weak. STOP COMPLAINING.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner