Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets Are To Expensive!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Well I think that When You wanna "Hatch" Pets, It costs to much Gold.
If your with me, Reply. We may get Kingsisle to lower it to about 1000 Gold!
:) :-) 8) :P

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
letter21 wrote:
Well I think that When You wanna "Hatch" Pets, It costs to much Gold.
If your with me, Reply. We may get Kingsisle to lower it to about 1000 Gold!
:) :-) 8) :P
exacly i think i spelled wronge but ya its toooooo much why is it its not fair and who want to waste 80k just to wait for a new pet like 6 or 10 HOURS it needs to be changed its not fair to anyone that only like level 40 or 50 can hatch pets so u should fix it

IT'S NO FAIR FOR IT TO BE TOO MUCH

ty

post here is you agree vote yes on changeing the price 8) :) :-) :D :-D

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Oh the past 10 posts, 8 of them are on the expensiveness of hatching, 100 gold is way to low.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
I think it shouldnt get THAT low... They would not be rare Anymore lvl one could have them.... So, yes, they need to lower to about 40k i think is a good price...and i know some people dont know have that much, but they will lvl up and evantually have enough to get a pet :)

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
It would be hard for the non-memebers to save up that much money, they would be fighting bosses all day so I think that Kingsisle should make pet hatching prices around 3k and this isn't too cheap or expensive.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
yeah i spent like 2 days getting my pet to an adult and when i was ready to hatch with a friend i had like 2000 and i needed like 7000 to 8000 gold!
this really is NOT fair in the least bit. =S

Hero
May 19, 2009
Nope. keep it the way it is, that way only the select few who actually put enough time in to get the gold will have such great pets.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
i agree pets are WAYYYYYY too expensive to hatch! i have a grandmaster life and that isnt what i call pocket change. even my storm bat and a REGULAR dragon would've cost me somewhere near 25k and that is just not right :x

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I have started two characters since the pet pavallion came into the game. If you collect the snacks from battle, use the power points wisely, you should be able to get to ancient easily, with no gold spent, by level 30. The long road to ancient is what is to be handled in the 30+ range.

I think a bigger problem is knowing when to give up on a pet. Example, you don't race pets, using them for your questing...and your first two talents give pet stat boosters. Now while this may be wonderful for the Derby, it doesn't make a good adventuring or PvP pet. I really wish they would have used a bit more common sense and placed pet stat boosters under the derby powers where they belong.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
baileyisawsome wrote:
I think it shouldnt get THAT low... They would not be rare Anymore lvl one could have them.... So, yes, they need to lower to about 40k i think is a good price...and i know some people dont know have that much, but they will lvl up and evantually have enough to get a pet :)

I agree with this price! By the time you finish DS you should have more than 40k if you barely buy anything.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
oh boy... finally, SOMEONE brings this up. and then some people try to shoot it down.

let's see...

firewizard5: it takes waaaaay too long to finish DS than most people care to wait just to get a pet. and no one, NO ONE, "barely buys" anything.

DarthNexus: unfortunately, it takes waaaaay too long to save up the gold too; that's two waaaaay too long things to do. oh, and there's a little loophole you didn't mention: the most unwilling-to-do-anything wizard with a lot of crowns can get the gold. so in a sense, hatching requires crowns, and good luck getting the gold otherwise. you'll need it.

i fully agree with the concept of "the rarer the pet, the higher the cost." ki uses that. however, ki also so charges waaaaay too much. i'd say under 10k is appropriate for the majority of pets.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
The reason why pets are so expensive are due to their rarity. Imagine if they were all one thousaund gold, people would be running around with the same pets! Wouldn't it be nice if you got a really rare pet and showing it off? :D If your a grandmaster and want lvl 48 hybrids, you can get 100k easy by farming for items them selling them for a few days. I've reached the max amount of gold doing that. Yea they could lower it I guess, but not so low everyone could afford it without some work and effot. The real problem is spending that amount of money and not getting a hybrid at all! I tried for a Tempest Hound (Stormzilla with Othrus) and got another stormzilla! That they should fix. Hope I provided some sort of help.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2008
To Whom It May Concern

Can't the wizard 101 admin.s make pets at least a little cheaper to hatch their eggs? I just made my pet into an adult and was very interested in hatching it, but the cost was around 74,880 gold! I do not have enough gold for that, so PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!

Many Thanks/Sincerely, :D
Nathaniel Silverflame, Fire Magus Level 30

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Ok anyone who says 40k is a good price is crazy unless you have allot of time to go farming for ALL of your gear your gonna need to buy stuff, i think that the highest is should be is 10k thats crown pets(storm hound, magma spider, ect ect) and lvl 48 pets

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
MasterColeman wrote:
Ok anyone who says 40k is a good price is crazy unless you have allot of time to go farming for ALL of your gear your gonna need to buy stuff, i think that the highest is should be is 10k thats crown pets(storm hound, magma spider, ect ect) and lvl 48 pets

I feel that is way to high to hatch an egg. Even for those willing to fork out cash to hatch them they are going to spend a "real" pretty penny to do it. So I think it should go down I say to 10000 for normal eggs. And no higher. Or start there and just up the price if they want to hatch rare eggs. Then I would say that would be ok.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
AngelLionn wrote:
The reason why pets are so expensive are due to their rarity. Imagine if they were all one thousaund gold, people would be running around with the same pets! Wouldn't it be nice if you got a really rare pet and showing it off? :D If your a grandmaster and want lvl 48 hybrids, you can get 100k easy by farming for items them selling them for a few days. I've reached the max amount of gold doing that. Yea they could lower it I guess, but not so low everyone could afford it without some work and effot. The real problem is spending that amount of money and not getting a hybrid at all! I tried for a Tempest Hound (Stormzilla with Othrus) and got another stormzilla! That they should fix. Hope I provided some sort of help.

Yeah it would be nice, but from what I heard its hard to even get a rare pet. So what they should do, if you don't mind getting a non-rare pet then you should just pay a low fee. If you want a rare pet then pay a high fee and get a guarenteed "rare" pet. I don't want to spend 50k just go to a "usual" pet.

Example:

5,000 = common pet
10,000= common or rare pet (mixed results)
20,000 = rare pet off-spring (guarenteed)
50,000= ultra rare pet off-spring (guarenteed)

Just have a system that allows you to hatch no matter what but up the price for a rare pet. the more you pay the more guarentee you have.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
The prices really should change, i mean there for mixes i understand cause they come up with really cool or really rare pets(like mixing collouss with satyr to get the ice saphra what i can never remember the name of). But i think at least 9,000 should be taken from every kind of mix. Right now i have enough to mix with anything but it does seem too much for anyone under level 42 because most of the item that you can sell that are lvl 1-40 really dont

Survivor
May 29, 2010
I definatley agree. If you wanna get a new pet and when you get the egg and it doesn't hatch into what you excpected it to be you would have known that it was a rip off. You would have wasted about 20k just to have one of the same adult pets.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Ok, I have a problem like all of you people. I have a helephant for a pet and whenever I try to hatch with them they always leave. I had no idea at first, but then one day, still looking to hatch, I saw the prices. I saw the prices !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS 100000 GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ido not know how ANYONE could get that much gold ( even lvl 50s)! So of course him and I were left. So that is my story. But KS please please please PLEASE LOWER THE PRICES! Its not that much to ask for!!!!!!!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
noyeh wrote:
AngelLionn wrote:

Yeah it would be nice, but from what I heard its hard to even get a rare pet. So what they should do, if you don't mind getting a non-rare pet then you should just pay a low fee. If you want a rare pet then pay a high fee and get a guarenteed "rare" pet. I don't want to spend 50k just go to a "usual" pet.

Example:

5,000 = common pet
10,000= common or rare pet (mixed results)
20,000 = rare pet off-spring (guarenteed)
50,000= ultra rare pet off-spring (guarenteed)

Just have a system that allows you to hatch no matter what but up the price for a rare pet. the more you pay the more guarentee you have.

WHAT!? What about the lvl 50s spending 50000 gold just having to want to hatch! :x I am a lvl 49 ( almost 50). I would be up all night fighting Malistare`s Lair over and over. But now there is something else. You get the money and you do not relize your pet is a BABY! So now you spend ALL the money on snacks for your pet and you`ll have a record. MOST TIMES DEFEATED MALISTARE`S LAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that is my point!