Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Muted for no reason!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
So Today I went on 1 of my Wizards and it randomly said "Account muted for 4 days" when I didn't say 1 bad thing at all, Not today, Not yesterday, Not at all! ugh so Kingsisle can you plz see what happened or if i'm wrong because i've never been muted before. Respond bask plz.
~Death the Kid

You were sent an email with details about why you were muted!

If you did not register with a valid email address, you cannot receive communications from Wizard101.

Continued use of inappropriate language in our system may result in an account ban.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:

If you did not register with a valid email address, you cannot receive communications from Wizard101.

Continued use of inappropriate language in our system may result in an account ban.

ya sry prospector zeke i haven't checked this post in a while. and your first sentence, why were you screaming?
~Death the Kid

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:

Hi Prospector Zeke

I'm hoping for a reply here. I'm not sure why I was muted for 3,654 Days, which is equal to TEN YEARS? But that's what my account says. I went to my email, and found the letter I was sent, which was rather vague. It said I had been attempting to solicit, or give out personal information. The most personal thing I've ever asked anyone is what town they are in, or what state. Sometimes, if I know the area, I ask what neighborhood, but NEVER have I asked anyone for an address.

The only thing I can think of that might be considered a breach of security, I was listening to a CD the other day while playing Wizard 101 and told my friend the name of the artist. It just so happens that his name is my password. If the powers that be are willing to check, they'll see that this is the truth. I certainly don't give out my account information on purpose.

Is there any chance that they'll reconsider this harsh penalty? I did not mean to give out or request anything. I'm 55 years old, and have adult friends that I like to play the game with. As well, I play the game with my daughter and grand children. It's very hard for me to communicate with the menu chat.

Please respond, let me know something?

Christopher Lifestalker

In lieu of permanently banning your account, Mr Lincoln chose to revoke your chat privileges.

When you were muted you were sent an email explaining the reason behind the permanent mute, and given instructions on how to appeal this mute.

If you have not received that email, please make sure the email address you used when you registered for Wizard101 is valid and that you can access that email. Check the SPAM folder just in case it got filtered there.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Historian
May 28, 2009
Kiwi54 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:

Hi Prospector Zeke

I'm hoping for a reply here. I'm not sure why I was muted for 3,654 Days, which is equal to TEN YEARS? But that's what my account says. I went to my email, and found the letter I was sent, which was rather vague. It said I had been attempting to solicit, or give out personal information. The most personal thing I've ever asked anyone is what town they are in, or what state. Sometimes, if I know the area, I ask what neighborhood, but NEVER have I asked anyone for an address.

The only thing I can think of that might be considered a breach of security, I was listening to a CD the other day while playing Wizard 101 and told my friend the name of the artist. It just so happens that his name is my password. If the powers that be are willing to check, they'll see that this is the truth. I certainly don't give out my account information on purpose.

Is there any chance that they'll reconsider this harsh penalty? I did not mean to give out or request anything. I'm 55 years old, and have adult friends that I like to play the game with. As well, I play the game with my daughter and grand children. It's very hard for me to communicate with the menu chat.

Christopher Lifestalker

Don't be sad dude. Members can reactivate the chat. The first time i start to pay, i told my parent to activate text chat. And now, i can chat! You better go activate it quick before any administrators see this post and use the only door left of this fire. I wish the person who read this to correct if there is not allowed stuffs is not tricky.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
K.I,

Regarding account muting K.I, should atleast give us players once chance or maybe a warning so we will stop what we are not suppose to do. It wont hurt giving us warning and then banning us from chatting if we still continue doing in-appropriate stuff. But banning players because they did something stupid, It can't be avoided we are humans we make mistake. Please at least give us one warning cuz getting banned right away for doing something stupid once is just cold. Please do consider this suggestion. I really like playing wizard101 and almost half of the time I spent in this game is talking to my friends and Interacting with people. Making us talk like mindless robots for one mistake seems so un just so please if you have a heart, give us a chance. Thanks.

You were sent an email with details about why you were muted.
To learn more about why you were muted, respond to that email.

You may also want to review the Terms of Use for the game at https://www.wizard101.com/game/termsofuse

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Christopher lifestalker,

I think the answer to your question of why you were muted was in your post

"The most personal thing I've ever asked anyone is what town they are in, or what state. Sometimes, if I know the area, I ask what neighborhood,."

That right there is a clear violation....

ellie

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
I worry all the time about getting muted. I shouldnt really because i never go around filters. i even have open chat. but it seems to me like allot more open chat people are getting muted and banned. I dont understand this. If you have open chat how can you get muted or banned. Why allow people to say things and then mute them but then KI does allot of things that do not make since. truthfully i do not believe they really read whats being said in chat logs as the claim to do. I have read all the rules about chatting and whats apporprite. Most of it is commons since and good manners really. i think that giving out passwords and info is wrong. but you can only say states and citys with open chat so why would it matter if you said it? anyway i guess i have said enough. Watch what you say people. Its never worth losing your account.

PS whats with non open chat people reporting open chat people because they see ... they have no idea what it is mostly for me it is a misspelled words. As you can probley see i am very bad at spelling. thats why i worry about being banned i get allot of reports for things like that.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
DarkSpider4 wrote:
ProspectorZeke wrote:

ya sry prospector zeke i haven't checked this post in a while. and your first sentence, why were you screaming?
~Death the Kid

Most likely from all the "why was I muted?" posts that pop-up.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm afraid I am about to be muted as well, i know this post thread is old, but if anyone knows of any way to get chat back please reply?? I merely had a slip-up, we're all human, correct? And KI, and all staff, please don't lie to your fans/customers saying that falsely reporting is just as bad. I've been falsely reported maybe 50+ times, and nothing has happened to those people.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
DarkSpider4 wrote:
So Today I went on 1 of my Wizards and it randomly said "Account muted for 4 days" when I didn't say 1 bad thing at all, Not today, Not yesterday, Not at all! ugh so Kingsisle can you plz see what happened or if i'm wrong because i've never been muted before. Respond bask plz.
~Death the Kid

i asked "why is there so many people in here" and i was muted and that is not against the rules

Champion
Jan 23, 2009

you know I never ask an adress either but i say vaguely where i am from all the time. Like my east coast friends and out of country friends. Its something people talk about. I am not trying to get muted so I can easily pass from now on, but I am not sure that saying that is all that bad.

But please, can someone tell me. Because I have been the victom of being reported all the time. If you annoy someone or they annoy you, you can walk away and still be reported. So I ask, does anyone ask the member for any context of that conversation or complaint? I always ignored this because i figured if KI reads this than they are as suprised about why as I am so, whatever.

So I am asking KI are these just people coming here to Passively aggessively protest and is there some process that cleary applies justice and balance, they themselves are just not on the right side OR is there something you should look at? Maybe they really dont know why a decision has been made. Simply pointing to the rule without allowing anyone to question the reasoning behind the decisions or rules may be a little dictorial and less client support.

Now I have seen many many people abuse the text and I am all for muting them. But, mute them and be clear hey maybe send them the offensive quote. Because rumors run rampid in WC and arent easy to correct. Sooner or later we will all be running around afraid of breaking a rule that we arent sure we broke. (oh and I read the Code of conduct)

Just saying. (dont mute me please)

[oh and to the kid with the account trick - yea they read it and they probably fixed it before they posted it um "moderated"]

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
Muting and banning by KI is to keep this community (especially kids) safe. There are true social sites to connect with real people if you want to and are especially brave. However, W101 is a GAME with cooperative play (texting) between virtual characters. I agree with KI that this game should not ever lead to meeting in real life. This rule protects all of us (especially kids). Not able to text numbers is part of that (I forget all of the time and try to use them for strengths of spells, number of MOBs, etc.). Foul or insulting language isn't necessarily dangerous but can ruin the game for most players. The only offense I can see appealing would be being muted or banned for the use of certain texting acronyms. Some rather foul ones have become so commonplace that it is easy to forget what some of them stand for.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
DarkSpider4 wrote:
ProspectorZeke wrote:

~Death the Kid
I don't think he was screaming, he just used a ! at the end of his sentence. Just saying.....

melcookie925

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
Kiwi54 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:

Hi Prospector Zeke

Christopher Lifestalker

you asked someone what TOWN! there where in
BINGO! i think you got what had you muted for ten years kid

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Just a word about reporting.
I have been reported twice I think, and have reported someone else maybe 5 times. When you are reported you recieve a message to tell you in the game. If you report someone else you get a drop down choice for the reason plus a short sententence for the subject.
If you want to add a further explanation or context you can port to your house for privacy and then use chat. They read the before and after chat logs so I believe they will see the chat you add afterwards.
I have done this several times to explain the incident in more detail and help provide context.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
FireDea520 wrote:
Kiwi54 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:

Hi Prospector Zeke

Christopher Lifestalker

you asked someone what TOWN! there where in
BINGO! i think you got what had you muted for ten years kid

Exactly what I thought. If you ask people which _____ they're in you're muted. But for ten years is very long. You can't talk with friends for TEN YEARS!

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Wizard101 Please answer me back! I have to admit I did give out info about my account because I knew the kid! But since I did give out info I was muted for 10 years! I mean I understand I have to be muted but is 10 years really necessary? I really cant stand not being able to talk freely! Please it will never happen again please! I will beg all I can I just really wanna talk again. Please I learned my lesson!!!!

Administrator
Dear MasterKhalil12 (& others as applicable),

You contacted Support because your account was “HACKED”. We spent nearly an hour on YOUR account figuring out who accessed your account, how they did it, whether or not they were able to breach any billing information, deleted any wizards or items on your account. We discovered through the course of the investigation that all this happened because YOU gave out your account information. While we were busy with the mess YOU created, we were unable to assist others that were having trouble with a quest, making a purchase or just trying to report a bug. Yeah, we don't have much sympathy for these issues.

For you, and all the others that believe giving out their personal information or username & password in game or via FaceBook, YouTube or other websites that promise “free” crowns or other enticements, THERE ARE CONSQUENCES TO YOUR ACTIONS. This time, you got lucky, you just lost out on your ability to openly converse in game, be happy. You can still play the game with the wizard you worked so hard to create. Many folks are forced to just walk away because the account/wizard is not recoverable.

On a side note, we’d further suggest you speak to a parent, teacher or other trustworthy adult you can look in the eye, regarding the whole “scary internet, don’t know who you’re talking to” discussion.

It states, directly above where you enter your username and password EVERY time you enter the game, “NEVER tell your password to anyone! Violations will result in a permanent account ban.”. We’re very sorry if this was confusing for you. We’re open to suggestions on how we could make clearer.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Thank You Mr.Lincoln for telling me this! I understand that it was my fault and I'm sorry for wasting your time. But I promise you if you give me chat again I will never ever give out information again. This is the only way I can contact my
real life friends. We all need to talk in-game. We all have open chat and I am sorry for causing you any problems. I understand completely why you would be mad I would to. But you said you give no sympathy which I don't understand because this is the only way to contact others

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Mr Lincoln wrote:
Dear MasterKhalil12 (& others as applicable),

You contacted Support because your account was “HACKED”. We spent nearly an hour on YOUR account figuring out who accessed your account, how they did it, whether or not they were able to breach any billing information, deleted any wizards or items on your account. We discovered through the course of the investigation that all this happened because YOU gave out your account information. While we were busy with the mess YOU created, we were unable to assist others that were having trouble with a quest, making a purchase or just trying to report a bug. Yeah, we don't have much sympathy for these issues.

For you, and all the others that believe giving out their personal information or username & password in game or via FaceBook, YouTube or other websites that promise “free” crowns or other enticements, THERE ARE CONSQUENCES TO YOUR ACTIONS. This time, you got lucky, you just lost out on your ability to openly converse in game, be happy. You can still play the game with the wizard you worked so hard to create. Many folks are forced to just walk away because the account/wizard is not recoverable.

On a side note, we’d further suggest you speak to a parent, teacher or other trustworthy adult you can look in the eye, regarding the whole “scary internet, don’t know who you’re talking to” discussion.

It states, directly above where you enter your username and password EVERY time you enter the game, “NEVER tell your password to anyone! Violations will result in a permanent account ban.”. We’re very sorry if this was confusing for you. We’re open to suggestions on how we could make clearer.
Mr.Lincoln can you at least make it like 2 weeks??

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
OK Mr.Lincoln I am very sorry!! I really don't deserve my account back but if you gave it back you should at least gimme my chat back. I even got a membership to see if I can fix this!! Please help me or at least lower my mute too like 1 week please Mr.Lincoln I am very very sorry

Administrator
MasterKhalil12 wrote:
OK Mr.Lincoln I am very sorry!! I really don't deserve my account back but if you gave it back you should at least gimme my chat back. I even got a membership to see if I can fix this!! Please help me or at least lower my mute too like 1 week please Mr.Lincoln I am very very sorry

Mr Lincoln's answer was very clear and very final. No more posts by you on this subject will be approved and Mr Lincolns decision will not change. You are skirting very close to also being banned from the message boards, young Wizard.

community@wizard101.com