Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Accuracy problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Ever since the potion update my grandmasters that i used to be proud to walk into a battle with are fizzing like a low level storm wizard. Has something been written into the game so we are forced to now buy accuracy potions to be able to appear as grandmasters again?
All my wizards have grandmaster gear, i don't know what else to do to make them stop fizzing so much. They never used to fizz like this i do not feel that i should be forced into buying things i spend enough on crowns for other stuff in the game. I know a few other grandmasters complaining of the same problem.
KI if you changed the code for this put it back or at least get us some better gear with more accuracy on it. I don't want to be forced to buy accuracy potions everyday.

Nothing regarding accuracy was touched in the updates.

Did you by chance change an item you were wearing? The previous item may have had a bonus to accuracy, where your new item may not.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Yes I changed some of my gear to better grand gear. No there was nothing I changed that promoted accuracy anymore than the grand gear does.
Well I don't understand the change if the code has not been changed than what happened it is embarrassing to step into a battle as a grandmaster and fizz more than the lower levels. I walk in as a grand life and go to heal someone fizz, grand death or storm goes to make a few grand slams and save the day and fizz.
I agree with someone else that posted somewhere on here that as you work your way up your wizard should be improving on accuracy just as in real life when you do a job repetitively you improve on doing it. In my opinion accuracy should come with experience not so much clothes you put on.
Just as in real life I am sure an intern could not perform a surgery better than a surgeon who has performed that surgery for say 30 years just because he is wearing a better surgical uniform. I find that if I give up some of what I am wearing at this point to find something with more accuracy I will be losing power pip advantage or something else. Those are the things that should be enhanced with the clothing but skill/accuracy should come with experience.
Anyway, beside my above opinion my wizards were performing much better and now they are not and I do not know what to do about it. I have 6 grand wizards and I have never played PVP, I was more interested in questing but I would be willing to start playing if there was an accuracy boost in it.
I would be willing to pay crowns for better clothes but not if I have to lose my power pip percentage it should be equivalent to the grand gear power pip percentage at least. Because if I am a life wizard say and I am looking to heal someone and my power pip percentage has gone down and I am waiting around now for power pips to use a rebirth on the team and they are not coming just so I don't fizz, then the change in gear would not be worth the trouble.
At least with the power pip advantage I can throw a fairy at someone here and there while trying not to fizz on a rebirth and I can get up to a rebirth before the whole battle is done and over with. Anyway please help with this situation in anyway you can.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
When did you last use your Grandmaster?

I've noticed accuracy problems on my Fire wizard, but it started before the update. Sometimes I re-equip all of my accuracy-boosting equipment before getting into battles just to make sure the accuracy boosts aren't lost somewhere. That seems to help me. :)

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
You know I feel like that I shouldn't be fizzling that much either. I mean I just upgraded my ice outfit so now I have +5% Ice Accuracy and I fizzle more then ever! I have been testing it and I am fizzling way more! My friend who has all crowns gear and gives hime +9% to all accuracy fizzles on life spells ALOT and even weakness :( Its really pretty sad that the 1% is turning into the 99% :(

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I use my grand masters all the time i have all but fire all of them are grand. All have been fizzing worse and worse. Yes it happened before this update, it seems to have went into affect during the update with mounts and potions but it does seem to get worse with each and every update.
Today playing was not fun at all with me fizzing like a noob and all enemies now seem to have obtained mantle and weakness the battles were plain out monotonous. Not fun anymore.
Some battles and dungeons used to seem to go on forever in order to do them you had to set aside time and devote a couple of hours to it now forget about it. I had storm, death, life, fire and ice putting weaknesses on me. I didn't really go up against myth today so I do not know about them yet. Balance you expect to do this and an occasional surprise mantle and weakness from another enemy but every single enemy now. It is just not fun anymore.
If you solo a lot, which I do, you sometimes have 3 enemies against one and it is a tough battle. You don't have time to shield, and hit, and heal and now with the fizz rate up, the mantles, the weaknesses, what next they all get wildbolts that work and we just step in to die?

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
ProspectorZeke wrote:
Nothing regarding accuracy was touched in the updates.

Did you by chance change an item you were wearing? The previous item may have had a bonus to accuracy, where your new item may not.

I think you are not seeding you random number generator properly.
Random generators are not random on a computer. You have to seed from the clock to brake the pattern. This game has a very bad pattern that does not follow the odds. I am playing life at this time I fizz every 5th or 6th spell that is not 100 percent. My spell are a 95% that should be a fizzle once every twenty casts. You should really fix the generator code. I am sure it is a function that everywhere is using. Just write a small program that shows the percentage of time a number come up. Have it do it ten thousands times and look to see if it is off.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
This is just like FIFA using a new uncontrolable ball to atract more people and let those decibal machines of Death

but thats another worsining

All i have to say is know my storm spells all act like they are wild bolts

Taylor Lotusfist
Master Diviner
What up with that?
-My friend ~CLASSIFIED~