Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

false reporting by some wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
hi, I have been playing wizard101 for year now, almost finished getting second account to grand masters. my grand son and i play , often together, he is only 6 but awesome player. if this had happened to him, he cant read much yet and would have been very upset someone call him a liar. i know i am!

today i was playing both accounts together in plaza of conquest we were fighting the minotaur statue. we were at it for awhile, when a girl wizard joined me, then another came , filled the duel circle. i was cleaning my room as i played so ran back and forth to pick spells for my 2 wizards
the one girl starts telling me to stop viewing her equipment or she would report me, i told her i wasnt', and I didnt know how, she started yelling that i was lieing, and she was going to report me. i left as soon as duel was finshed VERY upset I signed off and brought 2 others on instead. I dont like being falsely accoused by anyone and especially in this type of situation

OK, first , is it possible to view a non- frined? cuase i had NO idea if you can or not.
Second, how do we defend ourself in these cases? I once returned to my desk , my balance was in wc just standing there, and there was a 'you were reported notice', there. WHY? I wasnt even at my desk! i did see where a non-chat had asked to be friend but i wasnt there to reply!
I understand the need for many safety things in the game, but this 'i'll report you' because i not like something about you is upsetting.
Do we have any way to prove we are 'not guilty'? I have had youngins mad when i wouldnt take them to areas they sould not be, or because i would not be friends (i like to play with people for awhile before i do that)
most of my friends now are other adults for that reason.

you dont have to post this i just needed to get this to admin to ask what should i do in a case like this

thanks so much
grandmom and grandson

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Same thing happened to me once. I was just standing in Ole Town and received a message I had been reported. I hadn't spoken to anyone,let alone break the CoC. I imagine it also happens to many others at some point. I would not worry about it though. KI investigates the reports,and if you were doing what you claim, then you will be exonerated. Those who file the false reports will then be under the scrutiny of KI and suffer the consequences. :)

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Hello there,

Please don't worry about the false reports. The same situation has happened to my son as well. When somebody reports someone else, they (administration) is able to review all the chat surrounding that report. In my case, the other players were verbally attacking my son and bullying him into trying to get treasure cards from him. They actually reported us. I told them that they would have all the abusive chat that they were saying checked by administration and that they would be the ones kicked off the site.
My point is that wizard 101 is going to be able to review what happened when the report was made and if you feel completely secure with the fact that you did nothing wrong, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Unfortunately, you will eventually run into a few abusive players like that. My best advice to you is to politely state your point (knowing that the chat is going to be reviewed) and then change realms. If they follow you, then they will be seen as the one with bad intentions. If they continue to harrass, let them say all that they want to, then report them (again, knowing the chat will be reviewed). I, personally, would then log out for a little while, then when I log back on, chances are they would be gone. Good Luck and remember....for every bad seed, there are a thousand good ones that are willing to help you.

Alexander Mythfinder

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
Ya, maybe there should be a wizard 101 court or something. . Many of the players on wizard101 are VERY young and will report you for doing barely anything.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
If you have done no wrong, then you have nothing to worry about. Just ignore it. Chances are, if those people do false reporting often enough, they will be the ones getting punished.

As far as being able to see someone else's stats and equipment, if they are in your area and said something, you can click their name in the chat box and up pops the friends window. Look at the left-pointing arrow at the bottom left and click it. You can now see their stats, click on one of the arrows in the stat box up top and you can see their equipment.

Defender
May 08, 2009
As long as you never said anything bad,you have nothing to worry about.False reporting will be taken care of by KI.They punish false reporters severly.Since she never actually reported you, she was only making empty threats.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
People who report for false reasons get banned themselves. If you dont get banned, they do. And you can look at a non-friends equipment, But there is no harm in it. I look at people's gear a lot, just to see what they have. Just be satisfied that THEY got the banhammer

Wolf Mistbreath
Level 48 Ice Wizard.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
eganham wrote:
hi, I have been playing wizard101 for year now, almost finished getting second account to grand masters. my grand son and i play , often together, he is only 6 but awesome player. if this had happened to him, he cant read much yet and would have been very upset someone call him a liar. i know i am!

today i was playing both accounts together in plaza of conquest we were fighting the minotaur statue. we were at it for awhile, when a girl wizard joined me, then another came , filled the duel circle. i was cleaning my room as i played so ran back and forth to pick spells for my 2 wizards
the one girl starts telling me to stop viewing her equipment or she would report me, i told her i wasnt', and I didnt know how, she started yelling that i was lieing, and she was going to report me. i left as soon as duel was finshed VERY upset I signed off and brought 2 others on instead. I dont like being falsely accoused by anyone and especially in this type of situation

OK, first , is it possible to view a non- frined? cuase i had NO idea if you can or not.
Second, how do we defend ourself in these cases? I once returned to my desk , my balance was in wc just standing there, and there was a 'you were reported notice', there. WHY? I wasnt even at my desk! i did see where a non-chat had asked to be friend but i wasnt there to reply!
I understand the need for many safety things in the game, but this 'i'll report you' because i not like something about you is upsetting.
Do we have any way to prove we are 'not guilty'? I have had youngins mad when i wouldnt take them to areas they sould not be, or because i would not be friends (i like to play with people for awhile before i do that)

you dont have to post this i just needed to get this to admin to ask what should i do in a case like this

thanks so much
grandmom and grandson

I saw you earlier today when I just logged on, I tried to get her attention away from you by looking and saying her gears name. You can view someone's stats and stuff by left clicking the mouse on there name in the chat box in battle.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
eganham wrote:

thanks so much
grandmom and grandson
weird how did she even now in the first place that someone was looking at her stuff weird

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
Jackman113 wrote:
People who report for false reasons get banned themselves. If you dont get banned, they do. And you can look at a non-friends equipment, But there is no harm in it. I look at people's gear a lot, just to see what they have. Just be satisfied that THEY got the banhammer

Wolf Mistbreath
Level 48 Ice Wizard.
three guys were with me in battle and were calling me rude thing and my friend somethings too i reported them but one of them found out and false reported me back better get out that hammer