Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When can my pet help me in battle?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
I have maxed out all of the stats of my pet and he is only an adult. When does he begin using his skills in battle to assist me, when his stats are maxed or when he reaches max level?

Explorer
May 09, 2009
ShifterGS wrote:
I have maxed out all of the stats of my pet and he is only an adult. When does he begin using his skills in battle to assist me, when his stats are maxed or when he reaches max level?

neither, for a pet to help in battle it needs to have a talent that helps in battle.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
k so if he doesnt have a card to go with your pet he cant really help you in battle but id ask other people :D

Survivor
May 15, 2010
well your pet can help you when it gets a talent take my death bat as a example it cast a death shield on me because it had a talent called dark aura i hope i helped

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
My wife's unicorn cast's a spritely on her for heal almost ever other round.
so it depends on your pets skill's.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I clearly remember reading this somewhere: "Watch your pet as it casts its own spells in battle!" My pet has never cast one spell...

Administrator
The ability for a pet to cast a spell is a potential Talent.

If your pet manifests a talent such as Fireblade (May cast Fire Charm) then it has the ability to cast a spell during a duel.

If your pet does not have a Talent that allows it to cast a spell, then it cannot cast a spell during a duel, but it can help you in other ways by increasing your Power Pip chance or increasing your damage, mana, health and other attributes.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Gamma wrote:

If your pet manifests a talent such as Fireblade (May cast Fire Charm) then it has the ability to cast a spell during a duel.

If your pet does not have a Talent that allows it to cast a spell, then it cannot cast a spell during a duel, but it can help you in other ways by increasing your Power Pip chance or increasing your damage, mana, health and other attributes.
I dont get it...

So like if my (teen) orthrus gives a orthrus card, it can use orthrus?

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
Gamma wrote:

i was wandering when do they help when ever or only some times my hydra never helps

Community Leader
ShifterGS wrote:

my storm hound has the talent "storm giver" which gives me added damage to any storm attack, as i raised his stats(will, agility, power, strength, ect) the damage percentage rose, when he first got the talent it was at like 3% or 4% now its at 5% :D