Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

3 Marleybone Questions

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Is Marleybone the smallest world?

Is Marleybone just another grindfest?

Anyone have any helpful hints on Marleybone danger or hidden spots etc.

Survivor
May 28, 2008
1) Yes, Marleybone has fewer areas than the other worlds. This is from the subscription info page:
Krokotopia (17 Areas)
Marleybone (10 Areas)
Moo Shu (12 Areas)
Dragonspyre (12 Areas)

2) The quests in Marleybone follow the same pattern of the first two worlds, so base your opinion on that. It's more like Krokotopia than Wizard City though. There are quests where you have to kill a million rats to collect a few foozles, and there are fed-ex quests that even send you back to Krokotopia and Wizard City. Overall, Marleybone "feels" like Krokotopia very much. There's a central area from which you visit the other areas, just like the oasis. Mooshu is more like Wizard City, where there are several linked areas, like the commons, ravenwood, old town, etc, from which you enter the other areas. I much prefer the open feeling of Mooshu and Wizard City, but that's just my opinion.

3) There are many things about Marleybone that make it different. There are no sidewalks, so walking around is a bit more of a challenge (you'll have to figure out the best way to travel when you get there). The bad guys also seem to be more mixed together, as opposed to the previous two worlds. For example, the three streets in Oldtown each had a theme, so a player could pick spells and a wand to maximize damage per turn and shield types. In Marleybone, you have to be a lot smarter about how you set up your spell book and how you pick your equipment, because each area is likely to have a mixture of several different types of monsters. There are also monsters in the "streets" that walk nearly as fast as a running wizard, and others who walk much slower than previous monsters. Both of those mixed together can make things very interresting when trying to cross the "street" or walk around in an area. The bosses towards the end of the Marleybone world give out some really sweet loot though, so it's well worth it.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Thanks, what an awesome and informative answer.

Now, it I can finish the Tomb of Storms (or whatever) I can get there!

*Trots off to Krokotopia to try again*

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
I just came across this thread while reading the forums. Great post gswift7. Perhaps you can help me with my own Marleybone question :-). The previous character I made before the last wipe was also in Marleybone. Sometime during the rooftop quests I had found this really great wand. It started each battle with a power pip and often it would start with a power and a normal pip. I loved it :-). I know for certain that I found it in Marleybone but I'm unsure from which boss or quest. I've done all the Marleybone quests on my current character, some more than once but I haven't been able to find it. Perhaps you know of this wand and/or which quest/boss I could find it on? Thank you for any help you or any other kind knowledgeable person can give. And keep up the great posts :-).

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
i got the ice wand 85 attack plus one gold pip from the wraith boss think it was in the prison part

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
Thank you smo68. I've made it to mooshu and there are wands sold there that also give a pip, but I think I'll try the prison where I can get it for free. Thanks again :-)

Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
I've been trying to compile a list of badges and what is needed to accomplish them.

Unfortunately, the badges I've found so far in Marleybone are all ???? so I can't see what I'm at or what is needed, which is very frustrating to me.

Can someone give me some guidance and/or let me know the badges?

I want to make the list for everyone. ^_^

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
1) yes marley bone is the smalles world (but it is fancy)

2) what is a grindfest?

3) you will want to be carful in newgate prison as there are certain parts that the monsters can walk through the middle which is where you should be traveling. also if your running on the right side of the street (why would you, you should stay in the middle) watch out because a monster might drop on you because there is a glitch whee monsters walk on the side of a building like it's a ramp and then drops down.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2008
Marleybone is my least favourite world . all area looks the same , it's still good but other worlds are far better in my opinion .

Survivor
Sep 22, 2008
Vogarte wrote:
Marleybone is my least favourite world . all area looks the same , it's still good but other worlds are far better in my opinion .

Now before i post i must say that i am still in krokotopia,Although i have been to all worlds thanks to a charecter named Christina DarkEyes level 39.

In my opinion,i would say i prefer mooshu to the other three worlds,due to its challenging fights and good drops.I went to marleybone and was OUTRAGED when i saw the prices on the clothes.Kroko is pretty good but the clothes for level 15's are sorta costly to me.Wizard city was way too easy,i did it in under 4 days.

MooShu has another reason of being a fave.The huge sidewalk(s).

Basically i agree with who i qouted,as marleybone has no sidewalks and the prices are outrageous(theyll seem like nothin when i finally check out mooshu shops,i bet)

Survivor
May 28, 2008
As far as prices go; On my last two characters I never seemed to have enough money to buy all the best stuff in the shops while I was still in Wizard City and Krokotopia. However, by the time I completed Krokotopia I was getting better stuff from drops than what I could buy at the stores. I sold most of the loot I picked up in the second half of Krokotopia and ended up with nearly enough money to buy all the best stuff in Marleybone when I got there. After completing a couple of quests and selling some Marleybone loot (which is worth a lot more than krok stuff when you sell it) I had purchased all the good stuff in Marleybone stores and still had money left over with nothing to spend it on. I spent a bunch of it on healing treasure cards but still had enough cash to buy anything I wanted when I reached Mooshu. Now that I'm nearing the end of Mooshu on both characters, I am getting close to the 99,999 limit on gold and there's not much I need to buy. Part of that is because I've been doing the bosses multiple times so that I can collect the unique items they drop though. That tends to give you quite a bit of extra stuff to sell for gold.

Survivor
Oct 06, 2008
Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
O'leary Jixned Staff... gives one pip on start, balance power at 80pts and gives five cards...Off one of the O'leary bosses, one of the big brawny ones but I forget

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
:-oi no some hidden spots in marlybone and a in the other worlds

1.I digmoore station go to the mayor and behind himare stairs and in the door is croaky a trainer

2. in the porter in krok outside that brings ye to a island in the air there is a trainer on top of the shop

that all i can remember i might find more so ill edit if i do so check back o and dose anyone no how to get in barkingham palace in marly in between henery and bloodington??? :?

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
quote=Gwenne]I've been trying to compile a list of badges and what is needed to accomplish them.

Unfortunately, the badges I've found so far in Marleybone are all ???? so I can't see what I'm at or what is needed, which is very frustrating to me.

Can someone give me some guidance and/or let me know the badges?

I want to make the list for everyone. ^_^</div>
</blockquote>

I think this is a great idea. I can help with Wizard city badges and most Krokotopia ( I missing 3 here)but I'm also having a hard time eith marleybone and Mooshu.[

Survivor
May 09, 2009
In regard to the badges list, you should know that I talked to Mr. Lincoln about the Krokosphinx Delver badge and was informed that this badge is "broken and will be fixed soon" :( I hope that means it will be awarded to us that have completed it rather than having to do it all over again

Stephen Winterwalker
Magus Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
Ok, so who thinks that marleybone is the most hectic world out of all of the other worlds?
I think that Mooshu is the calmest world and Marleybone is the most hectic and fastes one.
How hard is Kensington anyways?
Me and my dad haven't even done it yet.
Oh well, 8) .

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I'm curious as to why you want to complete all badges? Is there a profit/reasoning for that? I have unfinished badges in all the worlds on my life character, up to DS.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
Chiming in here, I have had great success picking up good gear in the Wizard City Bizzare. With the abundance of stuff there, prices tended to be cheaper for some things, especially with treasure cards. Finding the rare stuff can be an issue, but if your patient like I am good things are there. I've purchased an electrical wand which gives me 80 hit points with five cards and one pip for 2500. I saw a simliar wand sonewhere else(can't remember where :( for almost twice as much. Anyways happy gaming!

Defender
May 29, 2009

> 2) what is a grindfest?

Do Sunken City in wizard city and the definition will be apparent. ;)

A "grind/grindfest" is generally when you face what seems to be endless back to back battles.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
whoohoo1 wrote:
Oh well, 8) .

I helped a friend in Kensington and I saw these gearheads. I forgot what they were called. We had to fight them and they had 2000 health and there were four of them Lucky we survived by healing and porting back to battle. They were tough! I'm getting worried about going there cuz I didn't have the quest yet.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
whoohoo1 wrote:
Ok, so who thinks that marleybone is the most hectic world out of all of the other worlds?
I think that Mooshu is the calmest world and Marleybone is the most hectic and fastes one.
Oh well, 8) .

Makes sense that Mooshu is calmest since they have that whole Zen garden Buddhist thing goin on... Marleybone took me the longest because it was the most boring, never attracting me to log in and play. For the record I never did Kensington and I've almost beaten the game. Every time I start to head in and it tells me it's going to take 3 hours.... I just can't bring myself to do it just to have the badge. Maybe someday when I run out of quests...

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
MB is my least favorite world for a few reasons.

1) NO SIDEWALKS? Are you kidding me?

2) Expensive clothes. WAY expensive. I ended up selling all my clothes from MB and started buying from GH. It's annoying every time I want new clothes suitable to my level and they cost too much.

3) Lots of detail on it makes me laggy sometimes.

4) You can get pulled into a fight from 7 steps away! It makes you a target for all enemies.

Because of these reasons I almost skipped MB and went right to MS, you can do that as a friend can take you there every time, and then you can (somehow) unlock DS with it, though I've heard of doing it, I've never thought it was possible....

One of the very few things I like about MB, though. Sometime you're there, click on your screen and drag to look up at the sky. IT DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE A SKY! XD Just like someone took wallpaper and spread it over the sky. XD Also you'll notice that lampposts go all the way into the sky..... XD

My favorite world would be MooShu. I'm not on it yet but I've seen all the worlds, by my friends, and they have BIG sidewalks, the monsters are easy for me to fight all by myself even for lvl 32, and Japan is my favorite country, which it is based on!

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
Vogarte wrote:

Now before i post i must say that i am still in krokotopia,Although i have been to all worlds thanks to a charecter named Christina DarkEyes level 39.

In my opinion,i would say i prefer mooshu to the other three worlds,due to its challenging fights and good drops.I went to marleybone and was OUTRAGED when i saw the prices on the clothes.Kroko is pretty good but the clothes for level 15's are sorta costly to me.Wizard city was way too easy,i did it in under 4 days.

MooShu has another reason of being a fave.The huge sidewalk(s).

Basically i agree with who i qouted,as marleybone has no sidewalks and the prices are outrageous(theyll seem like nothin when i finally check out mooshu shops,i bet)

the side walks in dragonspyre are HUGE bigger then mooshu. robertcrowgarden