Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Small, realistic tweaks KI could make

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Lots of people have big suggestions that, really, KI isn't likely to make. But I thought I'd post what I think are several small, probably simple changes that fall well into the realm of possibility.

In no particular order:

1. Slightly decrease the spawn time of some of the harder-to-find reagents. (They're supposed to be hard to find, but when it's too much trouble it takes away the fun. I can't imagine realm hopping is intended!)

2. Have the Escape key close active windows, rather than toggle the settings menu.

3. Allow players to buy back items they mistakenly sell, and to return items they mistakenly buy -- a minute or two should be enough time.

4. Pop up the chat box automatically when a private message comes through.

5. Allow creation of gear sets. (This one may not be simple.) That way we can switch, say, deck, hat, wand, and shoes with one click.

6. Allow players to change the color of the text in the chat/message box. (Pink?)

7. Align the Xs in all in-game dialog boxes -- the settings menu, for example, has its X below and to the right of the vendor menu. Can't I just click the same spot twice?

8. Make mounts buy-able with gold; make faster mounts buy-able with crowns.

9. Let players regenerate mana in their homes.

10. Let players opt to have no title at all appear -- right now "No Title" still means showing their approximate level (e.g., "Apprentice").

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
everything is perfect but you only have one flaw in your box mounts ARE buy able with gold but other wise its perfect and i agree with you all the way

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Akylax wrote:
Lots of people have big suggestions that, really, KI isn't likely to make. But I thought I'd post what I think are several small, probably simple changes that fall well into the realm of possibility.

In no particular order:

1. Slightly decrease the spawn time of some of the harder-to-find reagents. (They're supposed to be hard to find, but when it's too much trouble it takes away the fun. I can't imagine realm hopping is intended!)

2. Have the Escape key close active windows, rather than toggle the settings menu.

3. Allow players to buy back items they mistakenly sell, and to return items they mistakenly buy -- a minute or two should be enough time.

5. Allow creation of gear sets. (This one may not be simple.) That way we can switch, say, deck, hat, wand, and shoes with one click.

6. Allow players to change the color of the text in the chat/message box. (Pink?)

7. Align the Xs in all in-game dialog boxes -- the settings menu, for example, has its X below and to the right of the vendor menu. Can't I just click the same spot twice?

10. Let players opt to have no title at all appear -- right now "No Title" still means showing their approximate level (e.g., "Apprentice").

I TOTALLY AGREE! 8) that would be sooooo awesome ! I especially like the idea of getting mana at your house :D :D :D :D

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Akylax wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Perhaps the spawning of reagents needs to be more dynamic based on the recent history of people collecting, so when collecting habits increase, the spawning keeps pace. Making a consistent experience for everyone that is not affected by a few people farming everything up.

Akylax wrote:

Agreed!

Akylax wrote:

Agreed!

Akylax wrote:

Personally, disagree.

I don't want this. I leave my chat box minimized to just one line of input text, in the top center of the screen and pay attention to talk bubbles only. So I have no need for this. But if it was aconfigurable option, that would be perfectly fine.

In regards to chat box, I would like to have tabs, where I can have multiple private conversations going on at once. It never fails, I go to (R)eply to one person, only to notice later that someone else texted me and I replied to them accidently instead. DOH!

Akylax wrote:

Agreed!

I believe I contributed to another topic that spoke to this as well. Lots of people have different outfits that they want to wear for parties or events, and there's also different stats which are more useful for more situations. I believe that any item which is part of an "outfit" or "gear set", should also be removed from backpack inventory so it is not accidentally sold. Perhaps in addition to Bank, BackPack, and Shared Bank, there should be a "Closet", or "Wardrobe". Perhaps this might even be an item that you can craft or buy or earn for your house?

Akylax wrote:

Agreed!

I would also like to control the transparency level as some times I find it very hard to read in lighter areas.

I would also like to be able to increase the text size, as I run in 1920x1080, on a 42" TV which is 10 feet from my face. The graphics are PHENOMINAL, but unfortunately, the text in this resolution is difficult to make out. Control Plus, Control Minus, Control 0 to reset. Just like today's web browsers?

Akylax wrote:

Most already are. Simply click the Gold tab to change to purchasing by Gold instead of Crowns. There are a few items which are Crown only however.

Akylax wrote:

Awesome Idea!

Or at least over time, like the pet energy returns even if you aren't playing. If I go away from the game for a time, my wizards should be well rested by the time I return. Or if one Wizard needs a rest, I can go play on a different one for a while and then come back later to a well rested wizard.

All in all, really good ideas. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Akylax!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 ICE (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 BAL (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 LIF (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 17 FIR (Journeyman Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 DTH (Journeyman Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 STM (Journeyman Diviner)