Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Comuter trouble

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Ever since the pet update my comuter had been running weird. Like when i run the computer freezes up and i cant even play the hedge pet maze game because it freezes up. Plus the mana and lights look funny. Also my screen would go dark. (It's not the brightness) I tried to put the particles down low and nothing happened. Also, i turned the shadows off and nothing got fixed STILL! I would like someone to explain to me what to do so that i wouldn't have so many problems. Thank you if you answered! :)

Lauren Skyriver
grandmaster 50
Ice wizard

Administrator
We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
Everstar55 wrote:
Ever since the pet update my comuter had been running weird. Like when i run the computer freezes up and i cant even play the hedge pet maze game because it freezes up. Plus the mana and lights look funny. Also my screen would go dark. (It's not the brightness) I tried to put the particles down low and nothing happened. Also, i turned the shadows off and nothing got fixed STILL! I would like someone to explain to me what to do so that i wouldn't have so many problems. Thank you if you answered! :-)

Lauren Skyriver
grandmaster 50
Ice wizard

Having the same problem here, and have already submitted through the support page with my DXDIAG attached.
Turning off shadows, putting particles to minimum, low textures, graphics, bloom, etc., any and all adjustments I make have NO effect. The video is MUCH brighter to the point of hurting the eyes, and is VERY flashy and sparkly, no matter what my graphics settings are.
As I am a subscriber, I did try this patch out recently on the test realm and did not have these problems there. In fact, I did not notice any significant graphics changes on the test realm (other than finally being able to see the wings) and it wasn't as bright or sparkly as it is now.
I have updated my video card to the latest drivers very recently, so that's covered.
Please help. I'm enjoying Wizard101 and don't want to have to stop playing because my computer crashes during flashy duels. Whatever graphics changes you made, undo them or something. It was fine before (even despite being "wingless"). I'd rather play and not see wings than not be able to play at all.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Ovrkyl wrote:
Turning off shadows, putting particles to minimum, low textures, graphics, bloom, etc., any and all adjustments I make have NO effect. The video is MUCH brighter to the point of hurting the eyes, and is VERY flashy and sparkly, no matter what my graphics settings are.

I agree completely. Besides hurting the eyes, I now am getting heachaches withing 10-15 minutes of combat play. I can't even watch my son play for any length of time.

For me, this game has just become a complete waste of money. Care to refund it all, KI?