Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 suddenly started crashing my comp!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Ever since the Advanced Pets update, whenever i load Wizard101, my computer stops working and i have to reset it. I am level 26 right now, so i have gotten to play before this. I dont know whats happening, :-(

Administrator
It's a good thing we have a Help & Support department to assist you.

We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
I did what you said, some hours later, no response, i am a bit unpatient because i wanna play Wizard 101, :-(

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
I am having this problem too. The computer I use is pretty old, but it hasn't had a problem like this ever before the pet updates.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
My computer doesn't shut down, but my Wizard game stops working. Then it asks if I want to send a report, I say yes, but then it says that the system isn't responding. Hmmm....this has happened a couple of times now. Once while I just came out of the bazaar the second time after I bought snack recipes. I'm thinking it's just an overload with everyone getting on, but I'm not a computer genius.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Yay! I fixed it! I think, i just re-installed Wizard101 and removed Wizard101 Test Realm from my computer. There is no more crash between the loading, but now i just dont hope it crashes while it loads the game while i play.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I've been having the same problems since the pet change- screen flickering and going dark. I did what Mr Lincoln said to do (change graphics setting to low, lower resolution and take it off full screen), but to no avail. I even tried removing the test realm and re-installing Wizards101, but that didn't work either. I am at a loss here, and don't know what to do. I want to play!

Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
Well, i am having the same problems and i want to play wizzard101. i am happy i finally made it to lvl 31 vut upset about the crasing problems
:? :

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
EmLees wrote:
I've been having the same problems since the pet change- screen flickering and going dark. I did what Mr Lincoln said to do (change graphics setting to low, lower resolution and take it off full screen), but to no avail. I even tried removing the test realm and re-installing Wizards101, but that didn't work either. I am at a loss here, and don't know what to do. I want to play!

If you are so wanting to play wizard101 that much ... maybe you are playing this too much