Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

opponent leaving match for no reason?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2010
why do people leave the match for no reason at all? some of them are much higher rank, what advantage does it give?

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
r3aperusmc wrote:
why do people leave the match for no reason at all? some of them are much higher rank, what advantage does it give?
They are...

-Trying to aviod insults from friends.

-Had something (important) to do in real life.

-was playing that instead of doing his homework and the mother noticed. (JK)

But there can be more.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
well you may already know this but just incase, high rank people need to lower there battle ranks so they can find matches easier, do 1v1 with there friends to help them lvl etc. so they join a 1v1 with no weapon or deck and there rank goes down. hope i helped

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Survivor
May 13, 2009
I find it a bit irritating because then I have to wait to pvp again granted it's only 5 minutes but it's still a pain

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
I leave (in 3v3, 4v4 matches) if the other team is chain stunning. I would rather stand in the corner for 5 minutes waiting to PVP again, than to read the comments both teams are making and standing stunned unable to even pick my nose. I won't give the chaining team the satisfaction of defeating me in person.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
r3aperusmc wrote:

They could of gotten disconnected as well has happened to me.

Defender
May 31, 2009
While there are many possible reasons why, some of which have been mentioned here, the most likely explanation is that they are ranking down.

As folks have said here, ranking down is what players do to lose rank, as in go down from Warlord to Private. The primary reason folks do this is so that they can accumulate tickets FAST. Imagine if you're a Warlord and you enter into a 1v1. You might battle for 15 minutes, an hour, MORE than an hour, at the end of which you might get a win and 10 tickets. But you could also get 3 tickets if you lose. In that same period of time you could get a guaranteed 15, 24 or more tickets by entering battles and losing right away.

While this isn't fun for either involved, nor does it take any skill, it's a quick way to amass Arena Tickets. More tickets, the sooner you can get your Commander Gear.

Its also of note to say that's only one reason folks rank down. Another is that there are some inherent disadvantages to having a high rank - namely, you wait FOREVER to get matched up. Warlords higher than 1600, or 1700 rank can expect up to wait up to 30 minutes or more for a single match. And the higher you go, the longer the wait. Not fun.

Either way, signs that someone is ranking down would your opponent doesn't have a pet and doesn't have a wand (only has one pip).

mlb

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
r3aperusmc wrote:

Well, actually, there is more to it. And there are probably way more explanations to why people rank down.