Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how long does it take for a pet to be adult

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Defender
Jun 11, 2009
Community Leader
To get your pet to adult you will need to train him by playing the mini games and feeding him snack this is the only way to get him to adult that I know of.
This does take some time at least 2 days as you will have to refill your energy.
energy gains by its self 1 points for every 15 minutes.

IN test realm only they give you free crowns and you can buy the elixor to regain your pet energy for free there ,so if you keep playing the games you will get to adult in no time at all.

Hope this helps

Survivor
May 01, 2009
It depends on how much time you spend training it. Every time you train, its exp bar goes up, when you hit teen, the next level is adult.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
fieldagent360 wrote:
i really need to now so please answer

takes about 2-4 or 5 days depending on how much you play.
I play somewhat alot and i got my fire cat to 201/250 in 3 daysPlay mini games and feed your pet snacks.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
it all depends what level you are and what type of food you have to feed it, you should normally be able to get your pet to adult in two days or less time if you are active in training it and feed it as you train

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
fieldagent360 wrote:

If you use the mega-snack pack, not long (less than a day). If you use normal snacks, probably 4-5 days of concerted effort. Without snacks, give it two weeks of dedicated efforts.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
A smart player can get a pet from baby to adult in ONE day. You just have to feed it snacks it loves. Like cereal the same type it is, there is 8 points right there.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
fieldagent360 wrote:

It takes forever, man!

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
It takes a long time. I finally got my pet to adult yesterday (my second adult pet :D) It takes a long time. You maybe have to play the game 24/7 without your energy running out (that ain't possible).

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Some Tips for Leveling your pets:
If there is a Rank 5 or 6 Snack of your Pet's School, get the recipe or buy it at the Bazaar. Feed your pets these snacks after the games.

Play the Maze Game and get a minimum of 70 snacks (perfect score is at 70). Then feed it one of the Rank 5 or 6 snacks above. In total you should have gotten 10 or more experience from the game and the snack.

You need 125 xp to get from Baby to Teen, thus 13 games (26 energy). You need another 250 xp to get from Teen to Adult, so that's another 25 games (100 energy). From Adult to Ancient is 500 xp, which means 50 games (300 energy). From Ancient to Epic is 1000 xp, which equals 100 games (800 energy). Total Energy needed to get a Pet from Baby to Epic: 1,226. Energy recharges at Wizard level up, and one energy point per 10 minutes. During 8 hours of sleep, you can get 48 Energy. Train in the morning, and at night.

If you are about to level up, before you turn in that quest that will make you level up, go and play with your pet. After you have expended all your pet energy, go and turn in the quest, Level up, and you can go back to playing with your pet with your fully filled Energy bottle.

Hoping you learned something from this advice,
Logan Soulsinger
Legendary Theurgist
Grandmaster Artisan

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
this will take 1 week if you use your wizard101 time all on pets.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
It depends on how much pet energy you have and what you feed your pet.
I have 66 pet energy and it usually takes a couple of hours to get up to epic by using energy refills and mega snack packs. Play a game that you find easy and goes fast, I play the cannon game, 4 shots, you're done and feeding and with a bit of practice, you can get 4 points every time.

I always play the games until I don't have enough energy to play another and if I only need 1 or 2 points to play again I just kill a bit of time until I have the energy for 1 more before buying a refill. Don't worry about extra snacks, you'll use them next time.