Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No love for death minions?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Ever since I got animate on my death, it was my favorite spell. I mean, the minions are just so awesome. Weakness, death trap, fire elf, kraken, the whole nine yards. But as long as i have played the arena(which, trust me, has been a long time), I have never, ever(as far as I remember, -) seen another death wizard use animate. The best was a death wizard that got mad when I used a minion. I ask you all, have you seen some use animate? If so, how did the match go? I mean, the minion is awesome. Is there a reason why they don't use it? Or am I just blind?

Oh, and if you saw a wizard names William Soulhunter use a minion, that doesn't count. It's just me ;)

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Cosmicblade41 wrote:
Ever since I got animate on my death, it was my favorite spell. I mean, the minions are just so awesome. Weakness, death trap, fire elf, kraken, the whoel nine yards. But as long as i have played the arena(which, trust me, has been a long time), I have never, ever(as far as I remember, -) seen another death wizard use animate. The best was a death wizard that got mad when I used a minion. I ask you all, have you seen some use animate? If so, how did the match go? I mean, the minion is awesome. Is there a reason why they don't use it? Or am I just blind?

Oh, and if you saw a wizard names William Soulhunter use a minion, that doesn't count. It's just me ;)

Come to think of it i've never actually seen a death use animate very much. Once or twice i've seen it, (from getting paired up with my death friends) but besides from that nope. The reason some death dont use it is because it takes up all your pips. Or it doesnt really suite them in a 1v1? But i personally agree with you. I use animate all the time on my death. I keep about three in my deck. :-D

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Cosmicblade41 wrote:
Ever since I got animate on my death, it was my favorite spell. I mean, the minions are just so awesome. Weakness, death trap, fire elf, kraken, the whoel nine yards. But as long as i have played the arena(which, trust me, has been a long time), I have never, ever(as far as I remember, -) seen another death wizard use animate. The best was a death wizard that got mad when I used a minion. I ask you all, have you seen some use animate? If so, how did the match go? I mean, the minion is awesome. Is there a reason why they don't use it? Or am I just blind?

Thats because death minions are very good at using up traps and as a death wizard, with traps such as feint and curse, you will rely heavily on traps.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
My adept death uses full minions in the arena and is the only way to play. Traps are worthless because anyone good will have shields to block them. I do not even put traps in my deck and am pretty much impossible to beat. In fact, all my characters in all schools rely heavily on minions. Shield and heal while your minion does the work. IF they kill my minion then I put another one up right away.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
The death minion is what i base my complete 1v1 strategy on. I have no trouble winning matches except for against Myth wizards. The battles can be long and frustrating for others, but it gets the job done.
Rank 1375
Death forever