Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Secondary For Life

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Yo!

As you know, Life wizards are the healers of the game with not many atacks to support it. That is why secondary schools are important for Life.

I'm trying to decide for a secondary: I'm stuck between Death, Ice, Balance, and Fire.

Death: Hits decent, drains.

Ice: Hits OK, Tower Shield, etc. etc.

Balance: Buffs. LOTS AND LOTS OF BUFFS.

Fire: Just some nice sheer damage.

Fire gets Trap at level sixteen (which I am right now.), Death idk where the buffs are, Ice idk like Death, Balance the Balance School in Krokotopia.

I'm not very sure about Ice. I'm at the edge off taking it off my list.

Anyway what do you guys think?

~ Roslyn-chan, reporting for duty! (Lv. Sixteen, Journyman Life Wiz) and cya in the Spiral!

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
Lvl 29 Ice/Life wizard reporting in...

As a secondary school, Ice's best benefit is Tower Shield. Beyond that, Ice will give you an alternative for doing damage to Life mobs, but most Ice spells only do about the same damage as Life spells. Therefore, if you are looking for DAMAGE, you will probably want to look elsewhere.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
I have a grand life and i find death to feint spiritual blades and traps ice till tower and fire till shields, and after the update, balance till weakness, and infection. i find this is a great combo (minus the weaknesses) is great for pvp as well as soloing Ds

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
I have a grand life and i find death to feint spiritual blades and traps ice till tower and fire till shields, and after the update, balance till weakness, and infection. i find this is a great combo (minus the weaknesses) is great for pvp as well as soloing Ds

This is my current favorite set up for life also....though who knows what the new secondary schools will bring up.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009

"As a secondary school, Ice's best benefit is Tower Shield. Beyond that, Ice will give you an alternative for doing damage to Life mobs, but most Ice spells only do about the same damage as Life spells. Therefore, if you are looking for DAMAGE, you will probably want to look elsewhere. "

Yeah, I'm looking for damage. Just noticed some people say Ice is decent, so I guess I'm left wiith Balance, Death, and Fire.

Anyway ty for the advice :D

~Roslyn-chan reporting for duty! (Lv. Sixteen, Journyman Life Wiz) and cya in the spiral!

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
zenmetsu wrote:
Yo!

As you know, Life wizards are the healers of the game with not many atacks to support it. That is why secondary schools are important for Life.

I'm trying to decide for a secondary: I'm stuck between Death, Ice, Balance, and Fire.

Fire gets Trap at level sixteen (which I am right now.), Death idk where the buffs are, Ice idk like Death, Balance the Balance School in Krokotopia.

~ Roslyn-chan, reporting for duty! (Lv. Sixteen, Journyman Life Wiz) and cya in the Spiral!

I would do fire, because you need sheer damage to survive. You definitely don't need Death, because you already have spells that heal much more for Death. You don't really need Ice, either, seeing as how you can already survive long. Balance doesn't give to many buffs if you're not Balance only. So I'd go with Fire.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
My suggestion would be to do death and ice. Only do death up to feint because as a life you probably will need that :). Then just go up to tower shield for ice. Then you can buy the spirit traps and blades from Niles.

On my life wizard (level 48 ) I did death and fire. I really wish I did ice instead of fire because I never use those fire attacks.

I wouldn't do balance because you don't get any buffs unless you are balance.

With the extra training points you could use them for traps or disables or maybe just use them for the secondary schools that are coming out this summer!

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
"My suggestion would be to do death and ice. Only do death up to feint because as a life you probably will need that . Then just go up to tower shield for ice. Then you can buy the spirit traps and blades from Niles.

On my life wizard (level 48 ) I did death and fire. I really wish I did ice instead of fire because I never use those fire attacks.

I wouldn't do balance because you don't get any buffs unless you are balance.

With the extra training points you could use them for traps or disables or maybe just use them for the secondary schools that are coming out this summer!"

"As a secondary school, Ice's best benefit is Tower Shield. Beyond that, Ice will give you an alternative for doing damage to Life mobs, but most Ice spells only do about the same damage as Life spells. Therefore, if you are looking for DAMAGE, you will probably want to look elsewhere. "

I'm looking for damage though, so what does Ice benefit for attack?

Oh here's a question; Where do you get the buffs for each school; blades, traps, etc. etc.

BTW I'm thinking of waiting until the new secondary school comes out. I heard about 'Astral' schools and its rumored the schools are Sun, Moon, and Star. Sorry about the sudden Celestia schools. Its kinda off topic.

Back to the subject, I've taken off Ice off my list.

I'm looking for damage, and the reason why I said Balance was because buffs could just power my normal attacks, but people are saying Balance doesn't give you much buffs unless your a Balance wiz. So Balcance is off too.

Its narrowed down to Fire and Death...That was fast.... I'm think about training up to Feint and Tower Shield and stuff, but I'm looking for attack too. Basically, whats the best attacking school for Life?

~Roslyn-chan reporting for duty! (Lv. Sixteen, Journyman Life Wiz) and cya in the spiral!

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
zenmetsu wrote:
Yo!

... I dont see myth

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
zenmetsu wrote:
Yo!

... I dont see myth

I don't really like Myth for a secondary for Life. The strong point of Myth is their minions, which I don't find SUPER usefull.

Myth was also complained about being 'underpowered' (I've saw a board on this) and right now I'm looking for some strong attacks with decent accuracy. (Thats why no Storm).

Though Myth probably isn't underpowered, I still don't think Myth is the best school for Life.

Thats my reasons.

~ Roslyn-chan, reporting for duty! (Lv. Seventeen, Journyman Life Wiz) and cya in the Spiral!