Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gender Changing Potion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
My suggestion: A gender changing potion!

Where to buy it: the crown shop in the top left hand corner

Price: 1,000 - 2,500 Crowns ($2 - $5 USD)

Effect: After buying and/or using the potion a screen will pop up allowing you to switch your gender, as well as name, hair color, skin, and hair style.

Why it should be added: After a while you may get bored of seeing the same character everyday. Maybe you accidentally (or purposely) chose the incorrect gender and would like to revert back now. Or maybe you just want to see how it is to use a character of the opposite gender. Whatever the reason I feel it would be a great addition to the crown shop!

My reason for this suggestion: I would most definitely buy it. I don't like using guy characters and am not even sure why I did when I did. I have already spent $70 on this game ($40 on crowns, $20 on membership, and I still have a $10 card I'm saving.) and was quite dissapointed to realise that there wasn't one in the shop. I am only level 28 and haven't been playing very long, but I thought i might as well try to suggest something. I really do hope this becomes a small update, and if you support me please post below!

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Did you know that Oysters can do that?!
Yeah, tha'd be really cool!

Hannah D. 43 Fire

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Why should i have to buy crowns for a luxary. I thought that i subscribed. I cant change my gender without having to use real money.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
To FlipFredFredBurger:

You choose to subscribe, buy crowns, or both. You bought the subscription so you do get every area as well as free ranked pvp matches. People who use crowns have to buy every area just to go to them, so why complain? I payed $7 just for my weapon, $10 for my broom, and a few more in areas. After that still bought two months subscription and I'm not complaining. I feel that if they do have to use their time creating this item they should get payed for it as well. I only know of one online game that doesn't charge you real money to change your gender. On the games that do the price is normally around $5 I believe. If you want to complain about purchasing the item, then guess what? Don't buy it. It is as simple as that, sorry.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
To accioliv88:

Oh wow! That's an odd, but kind of neat little fact. I actually had no idea. I looked it up and it said that some are male, others are female, but then there are some that are uni"gendered". Imagine if people really did that lol, that would actually be a bit odd haha. XD

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Survivor
May 01, 2010
I recommend doing this as a "barber shop" where you can change any of the variables about your Wizard's base appearance for a moderate fee. I would like to change the color of one of my characters hair for instance.

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
Defender
Nov 25, 2009
spiritwave wrote:
My suggestion: A gender changing potion!

Where to buy it: the crown shop in the top left hand corner

Price: 1,000 - 2,500 Crowns ($2 - $5 USD)

Effect: After buying and/or using the potion a screen will pop up allowing you to switch your gender, as well as name, hair color, skin, and hair style.

Why it should be added: After a while you may get bored of seeing the same character everyday. Maybe you accidentally (or purposely) chose the incorrect gender and would like to revert back now.

You can't accidentally choose the wrong gender. Even if you press to wrong button its easy to see it's not what you want and you can go back.

Or maybe you just want to see how it is to use a character of the opposite gender. Whatever the reason I feel it would be a great addition to the crown shop!

You can simply just make a new wizard.

My reason for this suggestion: I would most definitely buy it. I don't like using guy characters and am not even sure why I did when I did. I have already spent $70 on this game ($40 on crowns, $20 on membership, and I still have a $10 card I'm saving.) and was quite dissapointed to realise that there wasn't one in the shop. I am only level 28 and haven't been playing very long, but I thought i might as well try to suggest something. I really do hope this becomes a small update, and if you support me please post below!

Sorry, I just don't think something like that would work.

Keep in mind though... I'm not trying to be rude. I am just giving my oppinion.
I think your idea would be pretty cool though with a slight change. Like maybe instead of changing from boy to girl you just change your looks?

That way you don't get bored of your wizard and it keeps the game friendly for kids. No offence... but the ratings just wouldn't be the same if you could change gender mid-game.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
spiritwave wrote:
-Sigh- Any more supporters? I would really appreciate it!~

This was a month old thread, you just bumped it.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Why should i have to buy crowns for a luxary. I thought that i subscribed. I cant change my gender without having to use real money.

exactly

Defender
May 09, 2009
spiritwave wrote:
To accioliv88:

Oh wow! That's an odd, but kind of neat little fact. I actually had no idea. I looked it up and it said that some are male, others are female, but then there are some that are uni"gendered". Imagine if people really did that lol, that would actually be a bit odd haha. XD

theres also a kind of fish that can change genders to (in real life of course) and when it does it also changes colors.

Hero
May 19, 2009

Sorry, I just don't think something like that would work.

Keep in mind though... I'm not trying to be rude. I am just giving my oppinion.
I think your idea would be pretty cool though with a slight change. Like maybe instead of changing from boy to girl you just change your looks?

That way you don't get bored of your wizard and it keeps the game friendly for kids. No offence... but the ratings just wouldn't be the same if you could change gender mid-game.

i agree with you they should only go as far as slighty changing your apperance, like your hair.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
No crowns, there is already enough of buying with crowns. It'd be better for 1,500 gold for gender changing potion..

Other Potions:
Face Changing (Eyes,lips, etc) 500 gold
Hair Changing (Color,Style) 1,000 gold

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
fancymay wrote:
No crowns, there is already enough of buying with crowns. It'd be better for 1,500 gold for gender changing potion..

Other Potions:
Face Changing (Eyes,lips, etc) 500 gold
Hair Changing (Color,Style) 1,000 gold
I agree.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
This does have some great potential, but I can easily see some players going a bit.... erm.... "Overboard" With something like that