Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the game down at the moment? May 8th 2010

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
Hey everyone,
I have no idea if anyone else is having this issue. Around 8am I was finding all the beetles in krok land and in the emporer's retreat we were on a boss and the game shut down kicking me off and now it's stuck "patching" at mooshu. At the end there is an option to get offered a solution, restarting cpu, check internet connection with both for me are working just fine and I have restarted several times. Solution 123 doesn't help either.

Administrator
We've had no reports of an outage of our servers.
I'm sure that Mr Lincoln will be able to work with you to solve this issue, it may just be a very simple fix.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
CRC error

\Wizard101\PatchClient\BankA\gdiplus.dll does not match the file in the setup's .cab file.

It clearly says contact the software's vendor.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
taelamar wrote:
CRC error

\Wizard101\PatchClient\BankA\gdiplus.dll does not match the file in the setup's .cab file.

It clearly says contact the software's vendor.

At one time i had the same problem. My game crashed during a download of an area i had been trying to access. When i tried logging back on, it got stuck during patching process. The problem was a corrupted file.

This is what i did. Launch Wizard101 when it gets stuck open windows manager and see how much resources the game is using. If it is a high amount then the file where it gets stuck at is corrupt. Using Windows Explorer I accessed the files of the game and deleted the file where it was sticking. I then relaunched the game with no problems.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life