Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shopping Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The following updates and changes are being made to Shopping.

Players will now see themselves perched on the mount when they preview the mounts in the Shop

To lesson confusion about the Henchmen, the option to purchase Henchmen will appear grey in the interface, and details about their purchase requirement will appear. Henchmen can only be purchased during combat.

Permanent Blue Dragon Mounts are now available to purchase through the SHOP

Pets can no longer be bought or sold at the Bazaar.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Gamma wrote:

Players will now see themselves perched on the mount when they preview the mounts in the Shop

To lesson confusion about the Henchmen, the option to purchase Henchmen will appear grey in the interface, and details about their purchase requirement will appear. Henchmen can only be purchased during combat.

Couple of things gamma.

1. Why is the bazaar no longer sell pets?

2. Why are all the cool pets crowns only?

3. Exactly how can the blue dragon be purchesed? Crowns or gold or both?

I would like a anwser please

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
"Pets can no longer be sold at the bazaar."

I really dislike this. No, I don't dislike it, I hate it. Why have you changed this? We were able to save up gold and acquire some awesome pets at the bazaar! Pets that aren't sold in shops. Pets that are, but cost too much.
Also, if I get a pet that's a rare drop, and I already have one, it felt good to sell it at the bazaar, so that someone else who had been looking for it could add it to their collection.

Why take things away, I thought you were upgrading things? This is anything but an upgrade.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Josh1128Sh wrote:
"Pets can no longer be sold at the bazaar."

I really dislike this. No, I don't dislike it, I hate it. Why have you changed this? We were able to save up gold and acquire some awesome pets at the bazaar! Pets that aren't sold in shops. Pets that are, but cost too much.
Also, if I get a pet that's a rare drop, and I already have one, it felt good to sell it at the bazaar, so that someone else who had been looking for it could add it to their collection.

Why take things away, I thought you were upgrading things? This is anything but an upgrade.
No pets at the bazaar, Overpriced eggs/pets, forever to regain energy and free refils for CROWNS. They are obiously making it so terrible for the average subscriber that they are FORCING players to buy crowns to do ANYTHING.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
YAY!!! We can buy Blue Dragon... I have a question though... Can we sell crown items back for our crowns??? Because I bought the Faithful Dragoness but didn't really care for it... But now I want my crowns back!!! Or at least some gold...

Hero
May 27, 2009
I think we should be able to sell extra pets at the Bazaar, but that they would revert back to egg form, so that if anyone bought them, they would not have any training or stats. I know my son loved buying rare pets at the Bazaar, like his Minotaur and Goat Monk. Please reconsider this change.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
Defender
May 02, 2010
Why not move the Pet Bazaar to the Pet Pavilion? When pets are placed on there, their stats are reverted to zero and they are reverted to Egg stage when purchased. There is a non-vending brother in the pet shop that would perfectly fit that. The price would vary depending on its origin and life stage when put into the Bazaar, epic being most expensive and egg being cheapest.

Also, about crowns. Most players are unable to buy them, but how about letting them earn some by selling back crown items they receive from bosses? They would get at most 50% of it's original price.

About the Bazaar. I'm often looking through for level 35+ items, but I'm looking through too many low level items. How about putting in a search system where you can search by level? This would make searching much quicker and easier.

Delver
May 29, 2009
Junebug838 wrote:
Why not move the Pet Bazaar to the Pet Pavilion? When pets are placed on there, their stats are reverted to zero and they are reverted to Egg stage when purchased. There is a non-vending brother in the pet shop that would perfectly fit that. The price would vary depending on its origin and life stage when put into the Bazaar, epic being most expensive and egg being cheapest.

Also, about crowns. Most players are unable to buy them, but how about letting them earn some by selling back crown items they receive from bosses? They would get at most 50% of it's original price.

About the Bazaar. I'm often looking through for level 35+ items, but I'm looking through too many low level items. How about putting in a search system where you can search by level? This would make searching much quicker and easier.

You can use search criteria at the bazaar. You can click on the name of the item and it will list it in ascending or descending order from A-Z. Click on the # (quantity) and you can sort from 1-100 or 100-1 items so you can find those that are rare without going though each page. You can click on the School icon and it will put items in order according to their classes and what can be worn by all class (spiral symbol). You can sort the items by price from high to low or low to high.

There is also a check box in the bottom right corner you can select and it will take out your non school or level equipment that you cannot wear yet.

Hope this helps. It does for me. Cause I go to the bazaar to hunt for rare decorations and the first thing I do is sort by quantity. It makes it SO much easier than scrolling through pages and pages of stuff. It also speeds up the process of finding something you want before someone else does. Too many times I scrolled through and by the time I found what I wanted someone else already purchased it.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Junebug838 wrote:

I like the first two suggestions, especially the crowns idea. I agree. Many players are unable to buy crowns, or limited as to how much they can buy.

For the last comment, there is a feature in the system already for sorting the items. If you click once on the top of the column for "levels", it will sort the items by level, from lowest to highest. If you click twice on the top of the column, it will sort from highest to lowest. :D

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
=/ To everyone complaining about the pets and the Bazaar, please calm down. I know that it was beneficial to some people who wanted rare pets that others didn't, but thats about it. If you're a collector of pets, it must be angering, but why not try to get them on your own instead of using gold on pets. Why not use them on equipment or something? Or maybe save up and buy a permanent mount in the Crown Shop.

Cool update. Can't wait to see the blue dragon with my ice wizard.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
Gamma wrote:

My question about shopping is this: How come the Pet Shop in the Pet Pavillion sells the exact same pets as the Wizard City pet shop?