Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A retial version of Wizard101..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
I have a couple of reasons for this idea...

1- I am on sat internet and I have a download threshold meaning if I download too much in a set time my internet slows down. I live in the country and its all thats available to me atm. When i goto a new world it downloads it in and it can (not often) can exceed my threshold. A retail versoin would solve this as I could install the full game and not worry about downloading. All that KI would need to do is make a link to activate the game codes , and it would work the same way as sub to the game or buying areas as you want (sever would keep track).

2- Alot of people dont know of this game , sure on t.v and magazines and such but think of Wal-mart and such carrying the game. Alot of people look at a game box before buying (me included) and they could check out the website and try it for free which could lead to more subs.

Anyway maybe since Celestia is coming they could do this after its released and inclde the whole thing in a box , just a thought

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
rapatpamp09 wrote:
I have a couple of reasons for this idea...

1- I am on sat internet and I have a download threshold meaning if I download too much in a set time my internet slows down. I live in the country and its all thats available to me atm. When i goto a new world it downloads it in and it can (not often) can exceed my threshold. A retail versoin would solve this as I could install the full game and not worry about downloading. All that KI would need to do is make a link to activate the game codes , and it would work the same way as sub to the game or buying areas as you want (sever would keep track).

2- Alot of people dont know of this game , sure on t.v and magazines and such but think of Wal-mart and such carrying the game. Alot of people look at a game box before buying (me included) and they could check out the website and try it for free which could lead to more subs.

Anyway maybe since Celestia is coming they could do this after its released and inclde the whole thing in a box , just a thought

Did you know there is a few download time? 1 am - 6 am CST (Could be 7 am)

I also have sat internet. The threshold limit has been a problem several times for me while playing this game. I think having the option of getting the larger updates on CD would be a great option.

Many times when having a technical problem with the game, the first advice people will give me is REINSTALL the game. That is not an option for people with a threshold limit.

I know when the new update finally arrives, I will exceed my threshold limit. Because of this I will first install it onto my laptop using a relative's connection and then later on my desktop during the free download times.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life