Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

treasure cards in PvP

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 15, 2009
OK ppl ppl complain whine cry about PvP and treasure cards so lets fix it if you dont like T-cards (treasure cards) then lets see if KI can make a PvP match that allows T-cards and one that dont.

So that way ppl who dont like treasure cards can fight in matchs that make you use you own school spells only :D and this way you can learn to use you spells better.

Now if you all like this ideal please by all means post and let me know,and if you dont post and let me know :-)

thank you

grand death michael redblood

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Zzatdragon wrote:
OK ppl ppl complain whine cry about PvP and treasure cards so lets fix it if you dont like T-cards (treasure cards) then lets see if KI can make a PvP match that allows T-cards and one that dont.

So that way ppl who dont like treasure cards can fight in matchs that make you use you own school spells only :D and this way you can learn to use you spells better.

Now if you all like this ideal please by all means post and let me know,and if you dont post and let me know :-)

thank you

grand death michael redblood

Hey Zzatdragon,

I agree that there are times when I have been irritated at people using treasures out of school. But at the same time, I figure they're paying double pips for them (no power pips), so that helps me deal with my discontent. LOL!

I always say to myself... "Man! What a waste of pips!"

I myself use treasures in PVP. But only treasures from my school. And only treasures that I have earned the right to use. First, I would never waste a bunch of power pips on an out-of-school card. I rarely even use my secondary school. Second, I like the idea of filling my treasure deck with cards from my school, that I can already use. That way, if the card I need doesn't come up when I need it, I can simply discard and pull one from treasure.

It helps me to have the card I need, when I need it.

How about this as a compromise:

Restrict PVP Treasures to spells that the wizard already knows.

Of course some people will hate the idea, so it might have to be an option on your wizard, that you don't want to be matched up in ranked matches without this restriction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 17 (Journeyman Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 10 (Initiate Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 7 (Apprentice Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 5 (Apprentice Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 2 (Novice Sorcerer)

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
I HATE WEAK PEOPLE USING LVL 48 SPELLS! Okay, so the other day I was playing on my lvl 22 Death guy ( David DeathHeart) and I was fighting in the ranked matches and some guy used curse on me and i was like "okay not harmful" and then a few rounds later he pulls out a triton and kills me in one hit. I was so mad because i spent the whole match setting up to kill HIM in ONE hit with a SKELATAL PIRATE and not a spell WAY past my lvl.

Dylan FireCaster 45 Fire
David DeathHeart 22 Death
Valdus RavenHunter 5 Ice

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Historian
May 15, 2009
i have had issues with this too and i had an idea a while back and here is the thread

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/17254.ftl

please be warned before you post before thinking that its only a idea

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
Thanks for the thread :D
when will KI listen to paying customers demands!
Stop the use of out of school treasure cards in pvp.
Allow those who want to use them have the option of playing THEIR kind of game when they sign in a match. We will see how many good teams and players use that option hello NOT LOL only allow the use of out of school in practice maybe idk what do you say customers who want this delt with once and for all lets get it DONE already.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
hobodavid wrote:
I HATE WEAK PEOPLE USING LVL 48 SPELLS! Okay, so the other day I was playing on my lvl 22 Death guy ( David DeathHeart) and I was fighting in the ranked matches and some guy used curse on me and i was like "okay not harmful" and then a few rounds later he pulls out a triton and kills me in one hit. I was so mad because i spent the whole match setting up to kill HIM in ONE hit with a SKELATAL PIRATE and not a spell WAY past my lvl.

Dylan FireCaster 45 Fire
David DeathHeart 22 Death
Valdus RavenHunter 5 Ice

So your saying you are upset because you didn't get to do the SAME THING to the other guy? He got you in one hit before you could get him in one hit?

How did you know it was past his lvl anyway? He could have been TRYING to look like a low lvl.

Now before you say how dumb that sounds... I will point out I have actually read a post where a high lvl warlord said he made his gear look like a starter outfit.

So the point is.... you never now when someone who LOOKS low lvl could really be a high lvl.

If you still don't believe me I will tell you something I have done.... I have actually dressed like a low lvl, stood in the commons, and asked where the commons are! LOL! That's a fun trick to play on everyone.

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Well this idea is a problem cause it will just start a whole new war between the wizards. Some people (me included) think this idea could be a waste of KI's time... Others think it is a great idea cause they don't have to worry about people "cheating" even though they really aren't. The only way they are "cheating" is if they are level 20 and under and are using Wild Bolt and level 30 and up spells... Than it is a problem... Those are just my thoughts about the idea.