Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the worst school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2009
Ok i'm not the brightest star in the sky but if you notice the topic was 'what is the worst school' it just doesn't mean about in battle it means as long as it has something that has to do with that school it counts. Now worst school. Life, and sort of storm, in fact for whoever quoted my comment is not that bright. Did you ever think you didn't SCARE someone off in pvp, did you ever think they got BORED or the fight was taking TOO LONG to kill you trust me i was in pvp with a 47 ice, the minute i put a ice shield on he thought it was over and fled. And plus fire, storm, myth, and life were as far as i know the worst schools. Fire, myth, and life in my triangle of power ( strategy, power, and able to help with other people) are in most of those. Storm is in the power part DEFINITELY doesn't fit in strategy or helping others. Like i said Life is my least favorite because of less attacks, but that is just me, cause you know what they it's quality not quantity. and btw life may be the the worst but it is NOT weak ice is weaker look at the damage on centaur and colossus and the lvl they get it BIG difference in responce don't you think. :?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Ok. I'm Charles Stormrider level 50 storm dude. Storm is NOT the worst school. I actually think it's the best. Here's why.
It's accuracy isn't 75% it's 70% at the beginning of the game, BUT when you get to level 30 or 40 you can start to get clothes that give you better accuracy. Right now, I have 85% accuracy! Let me say that in capital letters spelled out for ya, EIGHTY-FIVE PERCENT ACCURACY! That's better than the ice and myth accuracy. So, once you get that high accuracy in, Storm has the best attack. Sure, it has low health, but just make Life your secondary school and you'll do just fine.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
Okay, it seems like nobody can conclude on this decision. Let me say my word.

Every school is different, and the creators clearly created a balance so no other school had complete advantages over the other. For example, storm has high fizzle rates and low health to compensate with high damage. It wouldn't be fair if they had high health, high accuracy, and high damage.

So, i looked over each and every school and their stats. From what i have seen, there are really no bad schools, only ones with major... problems.

1. Life- has terrible attacks (in damage). Battles last longer.

2. Death- has weak attacks. It would seem like every battle, you would have to keep building the same traps and blades and using the same spells.

3. Myth- weak attacks. Look at earthquake, it does 310 damage at rank 6.

These three are what i consider to have the most problems. I have played life and death, and i can tell you, it was horrible. So what, life people can heal. Yeah, and they cant attack. And focusing on more than one person is clearly difficult. I think life is pretty bad, even if you can heal.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
MoniandDian4ever wrote:
Heyyy(:,

No storm is actually one of the strongest. Its attacks are more powerfull than other schools. To me i think Ice isnt pretty strong it just has a lot of health o. o

Tatiana ThunderBlade lvl 43 Balance-

There's no best or worst schools, really. Storm does a lot of damage, but they have the least health, 70% fizzle chance (no, not 75%, that's fire) and focus way too much on attack. Ice may be the weakest in attack, along with Life (which is my secondary school.) Ice can last really, really long in a duel, especially when aided by life magic, and we have lots of good shields, too. It fizzles 10% less than storm, also. All storm really does is attack. I like how you said "Ice isn't pretty strong", it's a lot nicer than "Ice is the worst, weakest school ever!". Ice and storm are opposites, pretty much, and that's why storm wizards and ice wizards don't usually agree, because their own school may not be the best, but it's usually the best for that individual. I do like storm a little, though. Their spells are devastatingly powerful! I think an Ice wizard should team up with a Storm wizard, that would be pretty cool.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
docdord wrote:
i dont think that storm is the worst school because of its high damage. No offense to anyone but i would say the worst schools are death and ice. Ice has very little attack but high life usually makes up for it and i am death and it takes a lot more strategy in battles than usual.

No offense to anyone remember, and its not really that schools are better than each other but more strategy is involved in a few schools.

offense taken!!! my sis is ice school and death

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
Why do SO many people think life and myth are bad?

Sure life attacks are weak but with my life guy I can solo almost any boss (besides jade oni) cause I can heal and attack. I just got past plauge oni and I have only died twice.

Myth can summon so many minions that they almost can double their power. Sure earthquake does little damage but I love how it knocks off all buffs. this is a little off topic but today my dad was facing a myth boss in DS and she used earthquake and it took a minute and a half to knock off all of his shields(if you didnt guess he is balance)

In my opinion none are that bad

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
docdord wrote:
i dont think that storm is the worst school because of its high damage. No offense to anyone but i would say the worst schools are death and ice. Ice has very little attack but high life usually makes up for it and i am death and it takes a lot more strategy in battles than usual.

No offense to anyone remember, and its not really that schools are better than each other but more strategy is involved in a few schools.
listen just because you don't want to do a little stragey work does not mean that death is a bad school.In my opinion Death is the best school because it has good damage good accuracy and many buffs

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Glitter10266 wrote:

Hello(:

So, you're wondering what the 'worst' school is?
I think that all schools are good, except for myth.
Sure some of the attacks look good, but do they really do good damage?
Next worst school is probably ice.

But that's just my opinion.

CourtneyPixieDust
Grandmaster Life Wizard.
No to sound rude but heres an idea to all who say myth is worst (including the person i am quoting) MAKE A MYTH AND YOU TELL ME ITS THE WORST.

(btw DEATH IS. Without boosts and their overpowered traps, Death is weaker than like anything)
you could not be any more wrong. Death is the best school thanks to all the buffs your so jealos of.the only reason myth has all those minions is because they are so weak. Stories you hear about myth having power are myths.

Karic Goldenfist
Oni slayer
Magus level 33 Necromancer

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
There is no worst type. They have all been balanced out. For instance, I'm an ice Grandmaster, and I get mocked from time to time, saying "No Ice Wizards are allowed to help us fight Malistare, Tr@shbag," ect. But let's say that guy failed epically later on in the instance.

~Anyways, Ice wizards are weak, but have the most health.
~Storm Wizards are have the strongest spells, but have the highest fizzle rate. They also have very low health.
~Life Wizards have kind of an unfair balance. They are stronger than us Ice Wizards because of Centuar, and they can heal. They near us in health amounts.
~Fire Wizards are strong, but have a high fizzle rate. They also aren't as effective because, as damage is dealt over rounds, you might die before the damage is completely dealt.
~Myth wizards are interesting. They have lots of minions to summon, but have lower health.
~Death wizards amaze me. They are like life wizards, but their attacks and healing moves are combined in one. Though their moves that steal health are kinda weak.
~Balance has some very, very, VERY good moves, have high health, but don't boost against any types.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?

True i think it is life also because we can heal all we want but what the use if we cant kill our opponent? Life is only good when we are in a team with storm or other school but on our own in dungeons and bosses, we are useless!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
peaches2matt wrote:
dcredindy wrote:
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion

I think storm is the best how is it the worst?! And I don't wanna hear about fizzling cause my storm has a 90% chance of hitting. Excluding bolt of course. I think the worst is Fire. They don't really have any specialty. But I also think the schools are well evened out

Dude. FIre's my school. It's awesome!
It does have a speacialty and thats damage over time.
How about you make one for yourself!
Matthew FIreRider
Level 42
Master Pyromancer

I know how you think the damage over time thing is cool and it gets rid of shields and stuff but i'm saying its second in almost everything. Second in lowest health, second worst in fizzle rate, second in attack damage. It isn't first in anything.

Oh and as a matter of fact i have made a fire, and also a balance and life.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
People can't make up there mind what school is best even though they know ther isn't,so have this in mind, MOST PEOPLE HATE SCHOOLS CAUSE EITHER THEY DON'T LIKE, IT DON'T LIKE FIGHTING AGAINST IT, AND MOSTLY HAVEN'T TRIED IT. I can't believe it but i got to tell you about the things people complain about each school and try to lighten up the rage.

Storm and fire may have low accuracy but they improve if they get the right clothing.

Ice weak but you think you can survive as well on other schools better than this one? They have the best minion other then myth and death ones, they got they only shield that blocks balance their ice armor that aborbs attack are better than spirit armor, and they have high health.

Death, they got only the trap issue, ok maybe but they ARE the most unique school cause no other school has attacks that steal heal.

Fire (again) they have low health but like storm the power pays for it and they got resistance better then the schools i ever tried. And they good solo, once I had to defeat the war oni by myself.

Balance, ok they got only the attack problems, AT LEAST they are enough to get you through a fight!

Life, barely any attacks. When KI increases the lvls from fifty to sixty your struggles through fights may finally be over.

And myth, it has two main complaints. 1 is that it is weak. Myth is the third strongest school and third most stragical so it is not THAT weak. Number 2 complaint makes me laugh. Orthrus not doing damage to all characters HAHA, myth has EARTHQUAKE! The myth spell that is weak. COME ON PEOPLE it is that myth has the centaur incident (i don't think i spelled it right) it got it before most schools got theirs (or life wizards got their strongest spell before other schools got theirs. Earthquake is the only myth spell that effects the enemy during battle, and think about orthus hitting everybody, it would take forever to!

Hope this help

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
the best school is storm not tobe offensive to other schools but today i vs a storm student and he got a lot of power ups and killed me with triton in one hit . i thought that balance is the best but it sucks i can hardly survive a street battle in Dragonspyre. And i wish ishould of chosen storm

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
This is an obvious one. Storm of course, (what a useless school) because 99.9% of the time, even with an accuracy buff any High Damage Spell would FIZZLE on you when you need it the most.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I play storm and people are amazed that I solo at the higher levels and view their help as a hindrance. I am very constrained due to health being about two hundred points too low. A character really needs health in the 1800's and higher to be very playable, and to simply have 1800 health means that I am very constricted and have to go without the equipments I'd much rather prefer to use instead of ones that help out with health. When I play with others, I am the one that tends to clear out the opposition and can hit wave attack upwards of 7000 to one opponent while causing two to three thousand in damage to the others. My minion is horrible, my health is nerfed too low by 200 points, but one on one or in a 4v4 match, I really wouldn't want to go up against me.

As to life and storm wizards being opposites of each other and not being able to play well together, well that isn't that accurate. When I played life, my secondary school was storm, so in pvp I always wanted to play on the side of storm cause no one would be able to have storm shields up against us and I could keep the storm player alive. As a storm player, I rather prefer to play with a life player over any other player, or at least someone who has a life spell. I don't mind that life only attacks one opponent as a time if they take out an attack off of me one at a time. Life needs some sort of over head conversion blade that converts their secondary school attacks into life attacks, then life would be fine damage wise.

I do agree that myth's attacks should be a bit stronger as their minions are of no use when playing with a table of others, and in group pvp they can't really use their minions when all their aren't any open slots to cast them. Myth needs a bit of improvement attack wise to make it viable, and I am not quite sure the best way to fix it.

Storm and life can be fixed by the simple changes I mentioned, 200 more health points for storm (or even 100 more mana points instead of life points would work just as well due to equipment options) and an improved minion, and a spell conversion blade for life allowing life to use its attack percentage bonuses on its secondary school attacks.

Myth's earthquake spell could be increased in damage a bit, minotaur isn't bad damage wise.

Death's damage cards may be low, but death tends to have many blades/traps with incredibly high bonus's on those blades and traps, so I don't see upping their damage any. They could however be given a blade that increases the amount of health they steal upon attacks.

In pvp balance's attacks are too powerful given that player's healths are lower than boss's healths and there isn't any viable shielding against balance while balance attacks reduces the damage others do on their next attacks. There should be balance shields in the game, though instead of 70% protection they should offer somewhere around 10% less protection, that is to say only offer 60% protection, and be stackable with tower shields. Balance may have a bit less damage, but their blades are good, they can make it so others can't successfully cast anything turn after turn, they can reduce damage upon successful cast, and they do uneven pvp matches a bit (having one on your 4v4 side tends to give your side a good edge).

I've seen super strong ice attacks, and ice has lots of damage so they are fine as is. Fire is also fairly good as is, cause it is hard to ever have shields up against fire and fire's damage is really good over time, while their health is not at all bad.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Maryanne20 wrote:
lorelei47 wrote:
First off, there isn't such a thing as the "worst school". All the schools are powerful in a different way. Fire gives you a chance to heal yourself while your Fire Elves and Fire Dragons attack the enemy. Ice has really high natural health. Storm has uber high damage. Life can heal whenever. Death (my school, I'm level 12) can attack and heal at the same time, so I really don't see how some of you are calling that the weakest school. Myth has some pretty good minions, and Balance is just a good school in general. If we're talking damage, definately Life. A good way to keep yourself in battles solo, (this is how I do it) is to have the school opposite your main school as your secondary school. Like Fire and Ice, Storm and Myth, Life and Death (that's what I have), or Balance and Life work well. Balance isn't really opposite anything, but it can't heal so Life is good. Anyway, that's really all I have to say.

Hey good advice will do this on my next account.

Regards,

Maryanne

Thanks, more then a few people have said that my advice on this subject isn't really all that accurate, so I really appreciate your regards.

"Death isn't scary, the other schools just wish they were us,"

Lorelei :)

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
I think that no school is weaker than the others, it's all pure battle strategy and how you develop your character. For an example:

Ice has a lot of health, so they have pretty good defensives, and don't have to worry about their health as much and focus on hitting the enemy with their attack spells.

Death takes health from the enemy and heals themselves, they can do both attack and defense for almost every spell at the same time.

Balance spells include many shields and charms that affect the enemy attack and defense and also their own attack and defense. They balance out to their liking and then strike.

Life deals with mostly healing spells, therefore, when they deal much damage, they heal, and when their health is up, they use the limited attack spells, and again balancing their attack and defense.

Storm uses strong attack spells, so the enemy basically has no time to do enough damage to win the battle. They do have limited defensive skills, but their attack makes up for it.

Myth spells are moderately strong, but they usually summon minions to aid them in battle, making them strong than being alone.

Fire wizards do "Damage Over Time" spells to finish off their enemy after hammering them with other Fire spells.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
guys are you srsly making a message putting worst schools and insulting people???

all schools are the same all have weaknesses all have powerups!

cant all the schools get along?

ice: HIGH HEALTH BOOST! ice: LOW HEALTH TAKER :(

storm: BIIIIIG DAMAGE! storm: FIZZLING CHANCE HIGH

life: HEALING ABILITIES life: NOT MANY ATTACKING CARDS

myth: TAKES SHIELD ONCE AND ATTACKS AGAIN myth: DOESNT USE TRAPS ONLY ON THE LOW DAMAGE PART

fire: HITTING ROUND AFTER ROUND fire: (again) FIZZLING HIGH CHANCE

balance: HIGH SHIELDING balance: um idk

death: GETS HEALTH BACK death: um idk

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
chrisy123567810 wrote:
guys are you srsly making a message putting worst schools and insulting people???

all schools are the same all have weaknesses all have powerups!

cant all the schools get along?

ice: HIGH HEALTH BOOST! ice: LOW HEALTH TAKER :(

storm: BIIIIIG DAMAGE! storm: FIZZLING CHANCE HIGH

life: HEALING ABILITIES life: NOT MANY ATTACKING CARDS

myth: TAKES SHIELD ONCE AND ATTACKS AGAIN myth: DOESNT USE TRAPS ONLY ON THE LOW DAMAGE PART

fire: HITTING ROUND AFTER ROUND fire: (again) FIZZLING HIGH CHANCE

balance: HIGH SHIELDING balance: um idk

death: GETS HEALTH BACK death: um idk

Balance and death= not very high attack.
and just saying you just pretty much coppied off of the person that posted before you

Matthew FireRider
Level 45 Pyromancer

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
peaches2matt wrote:
I get your points. I was talking about% but all around i think the worst school is myth. no offense to anyone. How do you choose a 2nd school?
MYTH IS THE BEST SCHOOL IN WIZARD101!!!!!!

secondary school? STORM

third school? i dont wanna a third school!i am gonna learn stuff like infection, reshuffle, etc,

the worst school is fire!, low health, sort of high damage [not much more then myth] and low accuracy, storm survives cause it can kill quickly, but fire cant

myth is ices weakness, why? they shield like mad, then along comes earthquake, destroys everything!

earthquake is there hit all, but orthrus does more then storm lord!with boosts, it does more then anything

in pvp, the enemy puts myth shield, and tower shield, orthrus! destroys the tower shield and myth shield with first attack then PWN them on second turn,

so if you want a GOOD school, choose,

MYTH, death or ice!

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
you people sound like your novices and you dont know what makes the schools good! :x :x :x :x :x :x

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
I BEG TO DIFFER i think balance is the worst school . life. can heal and bring the heat too.

Timothy willowleaf lvl 27 adept wizard

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
austinsm7 wrote:
well, i think it is myth. storm might have a 75% chance, but it is powerfull.
I am a lvl 48 ice wizard and i wish i chosen lighting for my secondary school
:xHEY Myth Can SLAUGHTER STORM without a problem.

Also i dont see a reason you chose MYTH.

I think that all the schools are equal with advantages and disadvanges, I soloed most every thing up until dragonspyres. I am storm and it is very easy to get past the low fizzle rate. The only problem is the health but the crazy hits easily make up for it. Also with the high hits battles tend to be a bit shorter for me then they are for my friends.

Devin Griffinstrider lvl 50 Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
I really think myth is the worst school.They have more spells than any other school. (yes I counted) That means it's really a bother trying to balance all those spells with your second school to make a powerful deck. The spells aren't that powerful, though I do like Humongofrog. :P It's not that easy to learn, and Cyrus Drake is a complete snob. :x Life is O.K, but you need to depend on your second school for better attacks. But I'd never choose it for my second school because that's a disgrace for a death wizard like me.

Elijah Deathblood
Lv. 21 death (add me if you see me :D )

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
rayharos wrote:
austinsm7 wrote:
well, i think it is myth. storm might have a 75% chance, but it is powerfull.
I am a lvl 48 ice wizard and i wish i chosen lighting for my secondary school
:xHEY Myth Can SLAUGHTER STORM without a problem.

Also i dont see a reason you chose MYTH.
Well if it was the worst SECONDARY school to pick, i'm pretty sure Myth would win hands down no offense. It's just because of the minotaur it is a waste having to use 2 myth traps every time you want to use it
I'd say life is the worst secondary. I mean 2 heals? Man i wish i bought back my crowns.

I wouldn't. Satyr is the only way you can heal other ppl.

@IamLezul: UNICORN! Also sprite. I don't have a worst school in general. For my PERSONAL gaming, fire is easiest. BTW, person who said you made a mistake with your secondary school being storm on your fire, I made the same choice, and I have defeated many with long lasting damage and harsh Storm damage, plus Pixie and Link. I didn't work out with Ice, but I still like it.
All schools have their ups and downs. And with my biased (born in year of dragon, a Leo, hot temper) opinion, I say fire blows the roof of this place.