Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Real-Life Wizard101 Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2008
I have a really good idea that follows in with pokemon and yu-gi-oh well you see how well those cards are selling, but what if you guys made real life cards sold in stores? It would also be good for advertising. I would truly enjoy duling with my friends outside of wizard101 and i will buy the cards. If you think this is a good idea or you guys are already woking on it, post here! :-)

Survivor
May 22, 2008
They are way ahead of you. :-) During the Demo Day in Austin they had preliminary Wizard101 cards for the Trading Card Game. It has apparently been part of the design concept from the beginning.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2008
vinnedge10 wrote:
I have a really good idea that follows in with pokemon and yu-gi-oh well you see how well those cards are selling, but what if you guys made real life cards sold in stores? It would also be good for advertising. I would truly enjoy duling with my friends outside of wizard101 and i will buy the cards. If you think this is a good idea or you guys are already woking on it, post here! :-)

I thought it an awesome idea awhile ago. Though I do think they need to expand the amount of cards overall before venturing like that. In fact, there would be a lot to do...

It would be also cool if booster packs and such came with bonus cards that had codes for small amounts of crowns or pets/items exclusive to the TCG boosters

Survivor
Jun 13, 2008
that's an awesome idea! It would be really fun, and if they did make that,I would buy it for sure!!!!!

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
i was at the wizard duel event in austin, and they did have a prototype card game they were testing. they used glass beads to represent pips, and it looked like you will be able to play as ravenwood teachers and characters. as far as a release date i have no idea.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
Any one get some pics hopefully. I would love to see some pics of the prototypes. For those of us who couldn't make it.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2008
vinnedge10 wrote:

i have a for that

how would you determine how much damage it would do on ones that do 65-105 or how often it fizzles??

Survivor
Aug 15, 2008
dakster5588 wrote:
vinnedge10 wrote:

i have a for that

how would you determine how much damage it would do on ones that do 65-105 or how often it fizzles??

Spin a wheel or have a machine do it for you.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2008
when i was around 10-12 i remember the pokemon trading card craze and i've always been suprised pokemon online was never done like wizard has been

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
dakster5588 wrote:

8)
As a (semi) retired Role-Play Gamer, I know the answer to this one as well as any others reading this : Fizzle Rate is done with Percentage Dice, a pair of ten-sided dice with one that reads in multiples of ten, with a "00" for results less than ten. Rolled together, they create any number between 1 and 100, the range (I understand) used by Wizard 101 anyway.

The damage is less-odvious but just as simple : its a formula, something along the lines of
<< Roll 4 ten-side sided dice, and add 65 >>. It comes up with the right range of damage.

8)