Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blocking Player vs Player Opponent Chat

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
st0rmwater wrote:
schooling1 wrote:
it should be over ranked arena should be over. because i was dueling on my l life character in test realm then i used storm zilla to beat my oponnent then he said i was a noob for beating him. i then came across him again and i beat him and again he called me a noob

Some numbers I'd like to share with K.I. and the community:

out of 250 ranked pvp matches-

142 balance opponents
54 storm opponents
26 death opponents
14 fire opponents
7 myth opponents
5 life opponents
2 ice opponents
200+ times a "friend" of the opponent cheered and jeered from the sideline

I was inspired to keep track of these after I noticed a severe LACK of variety of opponents in my matches. Clearly there is something wrong with the system. What is the deal, K.I. ?????

Yes I am aware that it's possible more Balance wizards play in pvp than others, but every time I go to join a match, I see plenty of other schools there.

It's bad enough that the Balance school seems designed for pvp battles, good for them, but do I really need to fight one 57% of the time?

on a personal note: With a spell accuracy level of 87%, why do I fizzle almost EVERY when sometimes only 5 or 6 spells are used total?
in longer fights, I fizzle 2 or more times nearly EVERY fight, and not even on a wild bolt, why is this?

I am not a wizard of STATS, but these numbers DO NOT LOOK RIGHT

And with K.I. choosing to give us terrible shuffles just about every battle, and making most every acquired item a bright pink or yellow color(charging a bunch to dye the color for most people who don't want bright pink or yellow)
And, not having a seperate category in pvp for people that DO NOT USE CROWNS, also seems severely unbalanced.

I realize I am making multiple points here, but the main one is that K.I. needs to correct the details of this wildly popular game. Give people their moneys worth.

Level 50 Storm
Level 50 Myth

I see your point.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2010
It is heart breaking me to me that there are some very sore losers who play
player vs player.

They think nothing of it to get around the filter to sure foul language and i do mean foul.

I would never have used the words i was called tonight nor could i have even believed that some one would go to the trouble to find ways around the filter to use those type of words

Survivor
May 14, 2010
bettercarpenter wrote:
the other option if some one is being unrueling and obnoxius,, just click on their name in the text box and ignore them. My ignore list is so full i am surprised wizards hasnt asked me to stop! Ranked arena only brings out the worst in people, IT SHOULD BE REMOVED, no the cards or the people.

Okay so first of all if they are being mean, well just report them. So ya if you do a ranked match you will get the MOST mean people in wizard101. Even though I barely do ranked but I still think he's right.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I am tired of the very rude and obnoxious players in pvp. I would like to use the ignore more often, but I'd even be more happy if people would report these players. They need to be taught a lesson by someone. I just reported two and put my reason as unsportsmanlike behavior. I am really sick of it and wish others would stand up to these bullys.

Survivor
May 22, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
I just wanted to remind our players that you have the ability to block messages from your Player vs Player Opponents.

Under Options is the option to hide your opponent's Chat in Player vs Player combat. If you have this option enabled, during a PvP duel:
  • Anything you type cannot be seen by your opponents, but can be seen by your teammates and spectators.

• Anything your opponents type you can’t see, but can be seen by their teammates and spectators.

• All Menu Chat can be seen by everyone.

• You can change this setting at any time, including during a PvP duel, but it will not take affect until the next turn.

While I was pvping there was the really annoying person named Noah Legendbreaker that admitted to me he was hacking and i tried to report him but it didnt work then i tried to ignore him and he still hacked his way around it so i was wondering if there was anything i could do besides just listein to him say hurtful things to me about my friends and family?

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
8) F.Y.I. If you right click someones name in the chat box you can send them a personal message.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
Ambrose122 wrote:

You might want to make sure your opponent is a comparable level before you say "Good Match". It's really annoying to get defeated by someone 15 levels higher than you and then be told at the end "Good Match". I find myself looking for the "Riiiiiight" button.

the reason people say good match or good game is because its good sportsmenship. i mean really would you prefer "gg" or "you are such a noob weakling". i would definetly go with gg. that way there is less fighting or more playing.
someone just did both 2 me some people just need chatting privilages taken away compleatly. Also they need to make the pvp an even match up on stats, skill and lvl.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2012
lisiedawn wrote:
jimdin9000 wrote:
Yes yes you can, I have used it a couple times (mainly 4v4) and you can say "Good Game" before leaving the arena.

You might want to make sure your opponent is a comparable level before you say "Good Match". It's really annoying to get defeated by someone 15 levels higher than you and then be told at the end "Good Match". I find myself looking for the "Riiiiiight" button.

Hahahahahaha exactly! I still say good game or just gg but alot of times people will say noob and leave... ok im a level 34 death student..... sorry if i dont play every day and reach level 70 in a week, i do gotta life

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
st0rmwater wrote:
schooling1 wrote:
it should be over ranked arena should be over. because i was dueling on my l life character in test realm then i used storm zilla to beat my oponnent then he said i was a noob for beating him. i then came across him again and i beat him and again he called me a noob

Some numbers I'd like to share with K.I. and the community:

out of 250 ranked pvp matches-

142 balance opponents
54 storm opponents
26 death opponents
14 fire opponents
7 myth opponents
5 life opponents
2 ice opponents
200+ times a "friend" of the opponent cheered and jeered from the sideline

I was inspired to keep track of these after I noticed a severe LACK of variety of opponents in my matches. Clearly there is something wrong with the system. What is the deal, K.I. ?????

Yes I am aware that it's possible more Balance wizards play in pvp than others, but every time I go to join a match, I see plenty of other schools there.

It's bad enough that the Balance school seems designed for pvp battles, good for them, but do I really need to fight one 57% of the time?

on a personal note: With a spell accuracy level of 87%, why do I fizzle almost EVERY when sometimes only 5 or 6 spells are used total?
in longer fights, I fizzle 2 or more times nearly EVERY fight, and not even on a wild bolt, why is this?

I am not a wizard of STATS, but these numbers DO NOT LOOK RIGHT

And with K.I. choosing to give us terrible shuffles just about every battle, and making most every acquired item a bright pink or yellow color(charging a bunch to dye the color for most people who don't want bright pink or yellow)
And, not having a seperate category in pvp for people that DO NOT USE CROWNS, also seems severely unbalanced.

I realize I am making multiple points here, but the main one is that K.I. needs to correct the details of this wildly popular game. Give people their moneys worth.

Level 50 Storm
Level 50 Myth

When you say 200+/250 opponents had friends cheering them, that is totally right.About every pvp match I join that has more than one player,someone is cheering for the opponent.