Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP just out of hand

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
I have recently quit playing this game purely because i have got a few grandmasters i had fnished the main games storyline and i just wanted to do some pvp. Now i cannot stand doing pvp and this is simply because there are far to many ways for people to cheat. All these methods arguable may not technically be classed as cheating as they bend loo-polls which just for me have led to a constant loss in a match and for many others as well as you would have probably seen on many other threads. 1. Wild bolters when a storm wizrd is level 50 with proper gear and accuracy treasures and spells ect this spell as has reasonable chance of hitting you and this causes a game to be over very very fast fair enough storm shields can be used if someone is able to cast one before the wild bolter has shot you on the second round this is a way i have seen many many storm wizard get warlord status very easily and in my opinion its a tad unfair. 2. pre meditated shields when a player enters the duel arena that have 15 seconds before the match starts in this time they are able to change your deck inclueding treasure cards. I have found that on numerouse matches people have suddenly been able to cast about 20 death shields and i know that its no coencidence that they just happened to be packing all those treasure card shields. This is unfair as i am completly unable to hit them what so ever and it usually leads so a slow painful and enevitable death. These have been 1v1 pvp problems that i have found but with 4v4 or 3v3 there is the third problem of 3. Chain stunning now you obviously thought you had got rid pf this problem with those pointless stun shields but you did not as i find there are constant teams of people where they have 1 or 2 attackers and the others will be fire and or Myth and these will constantly stun and then remove then shields then stun again next round this can be seen in no other way than cheating it is a way in which the opposing team cannot win at all and i think you really need to do something about it like making the pip usage higher for the group stun spells or something that will work this time.

These are some of the cheats people use in the pvp that i encounter alot i and aside from this its just the way these cheats have come together to make people have such nasty attitues. I like playing 4v4 as i feel they are the most fun the last match i did that drew the final straw for me was when one of the fire wizards on my team used a group stun spell which i think is perfectly fine but at the same time another person on my team used storm lord. Thi s was not pre meditated move by our team as we had not met or spoken to each other before however, the other team emmidetly started saying we were cheating and chains stunning them and from then on all they did was say horrible things to our team and chain stunned us until they won. I am sorry but this game is supposed to be so child friendly and nice game for everyone but i and my team had to sit there being killed whilst being able to do nothing about it while the other team call us "pathetic" and "noobs" this eventually lead to a team member of ours leaving as they dident like what the other team was saying to them. I stayed to the end and questioned them on there logic of how they think we cheated and so in turn do it back but worse and all they do is keep on saying horrible things so us eventually winning and running up to us and saying that our team was " pathetic" and that us "group of noobs could leave now" even after the match had finished they still called us noobs and said that we needed to learn to pvp. Now i dont know if such a apparent nice for everyone game should allow people to be so unfair and cruel to others in pvp.

Its just not fun to play this game anymore where so many people cheat there way to warlord status and make others feel bad in the process. As well as this i think you should group the pvp teams as teams that are made up of frieds fight other teams also made up of friends as i dont usually play this game all that much so i usually just go into pvp matches with random people but its a really big unfair advantage when you have a team that have already put them selfs together and worked with each other to come up with tactics and its very hard to beat them with a team that you have never met and that you cant speak to during the match without everyone else seeing as you have not previously added each other.

To sum up this long page of ranting i would like it if you could make pvp enjoyable again get rid of the cheating and the bad attitues, ignorance and arogance that comes with it.

If anyone else has any other forms of cheating they want to add feel free and say whether you have had the same problems or not although saying that balance is unfair probably is not a good idea, yes they are a one spell class that only ever use judgment but there are ways round it.

I hope to return to the game in the future and see things have changed for the better.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
magicmawler wrote:
I have recently quit playing this game purely because i have got a few grandmasters i had fnished the main games storyline and i just wanted to do some pvp. Now i cannot stand doing pvp and this is simply because there are far to many ways for people to cheat. All these methods arguable may not technically be classed as cheating as they bend loo-polls which just for me have led to a constant loss in a match and for many others as well as you would have probably seen on many other threads. 1. Wild bolters when a storm wizrd is level 50 with proper gear and accuracy treasures and spells ect this spell as has reasonable chance of hitting you and this causes a game to be over very very fast fair enough storm shields can be used if someone is able to cast one before the wild bolter has shot you on the second round this is a way i have seen many many storm wizard get warlord status very easily and in my opinion its a tad unfair. 2. pre meditated shields when a player enters the duel arena that have 15 seconds before the match starts in this time they are able to change your deck inclueding treasure cards. I have found that on numerouse matches people have suddenly been able to cast about 20 death shields and i know that its no coencidence that they just happened to be packing all those treasure card shields. This is unfair as i am completly unable to hit them what so ever and it usually leads so a slow painful and enevitable death. These have been 1v1 pvp problems that i have found but with 4v4 or 3v3 there is the third problem of 3. Chain stunning now you obviously thought you had got rid pf this problem with those pointless stun shields but you did not as i find there are constant teams of people where they have 1 or 2 attackers and the others will be fire and or Myth and these will constantly stun and then remove then shields then stun again next round this can be seen in no other way than cheating it is a way in which the opposing team cannot win at all and i think you really need to do something about it like making the pip usage higher for the group stun spells or something that will work this time.

These are some of the cheats people use in the pvp that i encounter alot i and aside from this its just the way these cheats have come together to make people have such nasty attitues. I like playing 4v4 as i feel they are the most fun the last match i did that drew the final straw for me was when one of the fire wizards on my team used a group stun spell which i think is perfectly fine but at the same time another person on my team used storm lord. Thi s was not pre meditated move by our team as we had not met or spoken to each other before however, the other team emmidetly started saying we were cheating and chains stunning them and from then on all they did was say horrible things to our team and chain stunned us until they won. I am sorry but this game is supposed to be so child friendly and nice game for everyone but i and my team had to sit there being killed whilst being able to do nothing about it while the other team call us "pathetic" and "noobs" this eventually lead to a team member of ours leaving as they dident like what the other team was saying to them. I stayed to the end and questioned them on there logic of how they think we cheated and so in turn do it back but worse and all they do is keep on saying horrible things so us eventually winning and running up to us and saying that our team was " pathetic" and that us "group of noobs could leave now" even after the match had finished they still called us noobs and said that we needed to learn to pvp. Now i dont know if such a apparent nice for everyone game should allow people to be so unfair and cruel to others in pvp.

Its just not fun to play this game anymore where so many people cheat there way to warlord status and make others feel bad in the process. As well as this i think you should group the pvp teams as teams that are made up of frieds fight other teams also made up of friends as i dont usually play this game all that much so i usually just go into pvp matches with random people but its a really big unfair advantage when you have a team that have already put them selfs together and worked with each other to come up with tactics and its very hard to beat them with a team that you have never met and that you cant speak to during the match without everyone else seeing as you have not previously added each other.

To sum up this long page of ranting i would like it if you could make pvp enjoyable again get rid of the cheating and the bad attitues, ignorance and arogance that comes with it.

If anyone else has any other forms of cheating they want to add feel free and say whether you have had the same problems or not although saying that balance is unfair probably is not a good idea, yes they are a one spell class that only ever use judgment but there are ways round it.

I hope to return to the game in the future and see things have changed for the better.

First of all, it's NOT cheating, because the game allows it. Second, just because one person behaves horribly, doesn't mean everyone else will. I, for example, never use your so-called "cheats" when I PVP.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
I agree with you on the fact that PvP is not a family friendly game. We have three subscritions in our household and I am considering ending them all. I think that to allow players to ride someone with name calling, jeers and soforth is at all in the spirit of fun. The administration is not helping themselves by simply remaining silent on this issue. I have read countless posts on this topic but have seen very little response from KI. I to think that very soon the "Family" status given this game will, by the industry, be taken away and rightfully so. Its a shame but I will be looking for other internet gaming entertainment for my family.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i have heard the complaints of many pvpers upset by wild bolters ( not of storm) and i had an idea here:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/17254.ftl

and dont say storm using wild bolt is unfair we are lucky if we can even get it to hit before killed

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
magicmawler wrote:

Wow, it seems like you are upset out PVP matches, However, I am 110% against your opinions, and am pretty sure that there is a high percentage of subscribers on this game who follow me. So do us all a favor, stop complaining so much, and improve your skills. Use your skill points wisely. Learning all the shields from the schools of ice and fire, WILD BOLT WHAT ? It does not affect me.

So start taking ownership for your own problems and weakness, before you start criticizing fellow members of the game, and how that play. If you are unhappy with your opponents logic, and feel that fellow subscribers are arguing with you and your team, hey it takes two to tangle. And to avoid that, Professor Greyrose made a nice little message on the message board that you might want to read about blocking chats during a pvp.

Oran Frostbreaker
Grand Master of Monsters
(much love to all my haters)

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
pre meditated shields when a player enters the duel arena that have 15 seconds before the match starts in this time they are able to change your deck inclueding treasure cards. I have found that on numerouse matches people have suddenly been able to cast about 20 death shields and i know that its no coencidence that they just happened to be packing all those treasure card shields. This is unfair as i am completly unable to hit them what so ever and it usually leads so a slow painful and enevitable death. These have been 1v1 pvp problems that i have found but with 4v4 or 3v3 there is the third problem of

This one is easy to fix. Disable your pet and re-equip about 5 seconds before the fight starts, and dye your armor. If you port in and see a person in head to toe armor that is black, standing next to a wraith pet, what class do you think they are? Hmm? Should I whistle the Jeopardy theme?

If you really want to level the playing field, unequip your pet and dye your armor purple. If they're shield-swappers, chances are great that they'll see you and pull all their other shields to stack storm, or at minimum do nothing and play honest with no stacking. It also helps if your name doesn't allude to your school (such as a storm wizard having "thunder" in his name or a fire wizard with "blaze" in his name).

The rest of the things have been mentioned before and are somewhat viable, but this one is easy to bypass if you think outside the box.

Survivor
May 29, 2009
I think your right, I play many pvp games from fps to rts and always at a high level of play, but here it all about cheap tricks.

Had a Bal warlord calling me noob for useing tower shields and lost to his wild bolts lol?

Wild Bolt: Make it stun your self if it hits with no stun shields given so that way other wizard has better chance.

Rank PvP: Make it Faster and once you sign up and find a match it auto pulls you in it, that way you can't avoid anyone and no time to set deck!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
I just got done playing a level 16 life and 17 balance. The 16 life had tons of centaurs, wild bolts, rebirths, ect. The balance had tons of judgements and wild bolts. both were huge ranks and had full arena gear. While a grandmaster with skill could easily take them out they are not playing grandmasters and are playing adepts and the like. When we dueled them we had a massive amount of shields as always but there is only so much a person can do with they are still doing a few hundred though a shield with a buffed up wild treasure bolt.

As for chain stunning, nothing has changed and there are a million ways around it. Until the admins for this game remove the making of treasure cards this game will continue to go downhill and eventually will die off. Need proof? I had dozens of friends when I left this game months ago. When I came back I found one left. All paying customers. Almost all adults. All left because of the massive arena abuse.