Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice is way to weak

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008

People say that ice is super weak that we cant even defeat a lost soul!

You wizard101 people have got to make ice more powerful!
When people say that it makes me so angry! :x

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Delver
May 31, 2009
mythomagic6 wrote:
Why would you get angry over something that is obviously so untrue?

I agree, it is untrue. Way to weak in comparision to what storm? everyone is has weaker attacks than storm, but storm has the highest fizzle rate and lowest health. Whereas ice has the most health of any school and is one of the top three PvP schools; the others being myth and balance. Those people telling you ice is weak will sing a different tune when they are on the other end of your attacks.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
I agree with the person above me. Ice isn't that bad. They're quite good with soloing, if you're a person who would rather be by themselves. We're also super powerful if we have Ice as main and Life or Death as our second schools, and maybe some storm or balance cards in our treasure deck >=] Super awesome health+the ability to heal/heal and attack+powerful spells from other schools. Also don't forget we have free Tower Sheilds. -50% any spell from any school. And our spells aren't that weak. If I use my ice booster equipment, Balefrost, an Iceblade, an Ice Trap, an Elemental Trap, a free Balanceblade from my Pioneer Dragon, and throw in a Wyvern or so, I'm pretty much unstopable. (Well not really, but I usually kill anything I hit, presuming I don't fizzle)

So, let's find out!
Equipment boost = +7% (not much)
Balefrost = +35%
Iceblade = +40%
Ice Trap = +30%
Elemental Blade = +35%
Balance Blade = +30%

Total damage for Wyvern is from 1290 (min) to 1521 (max), and it will only cost 9 pips. (You can use wand spells to easily get them, or if you have high Power pip %. It's not that bad of damage. Now what if I used Colossus the damage would be from 1772 to 2080, costing 11 pips
Still not that bad. Plus, you could always use spells from better schools.
=]

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
ok now should i complain that ice has wayyyy to much health compared to storm. Chill out!!!! every school has something good and something not so good. ice= high health, low attacks. storm = high attacks, low health

Explorer
Jul 13, 2009
Ice is weak in attacking but ice has a VERY special advantage. Ice gets LOADS of health and isn't that bad when it comes to fizzling.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
:) This makes me chuckle. Yes, Ice IS the weakest of all of the schools....

....that is, strength wise.

Ice is the ONLY class with a spell that protects against ALL damage! (Tower shiled)

Ice wizards have the MOST health and Mana naturally for ALL of the schools!

Their items have the MOST health and mana additions!

Ice has the only X amount of pips shield spell (As far as I know)

Don't get angry when people say that Ice is bad. ;) Trust me, it's AWESOME!

(Yes, I'm a Ice Wizard. Level 27)

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
well last year i was an ice wizard and i have to admit he was kinda weak for me that's why im kinda glad that account got deleted so now im a balance wizard 8)

Community Leader
All schools have thier pluses and minuses. Ice has many great and very strong attacks, steal well that is a plus right there ;) One thing ice has really going is they are tanks in PvE ice wizards have that health to take most of the hits and able to solo most things just add your heals to side board and you can solo many towers.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Ah-hem! Ice has the most health! I'm only level 31, but have about 2024health! Ice is good! At least it's better than balance. Come on! it hardly ever fizzles! Give ice some credit! and I know I could beat some of you smart-aleck fire students! Bring it ON!!!!!!!!!!! All hail ice!

Wolf Shadowhunter, level 31 ice and death, somewhere in Marleybone.

ICE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
soccergoal7659 wrote:
ok now should i complain that ice has wayyyy to much health compared to storm. Chill out!!!! every school has something good and something not so good. ice= high health, low attacks. storm = high attacks, low health

Exactly, ice is an excellent school for PvP and all in general. Besides life, they are the only ones who can block balance. (ice=tower shield) (life=spirit armor)
I am life and I chose storm as my second school, so I'd also have strong attacks, because life's attacks are pretty weak.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Ice has low attack but high health and has amazing shields. And Life(My school) has low attack but can heal other players. As you see, every school has it's ups and downs. (I've always wanted to say that :D)

"Life finds a way to prosper, even in the darkest caverns."
Mark Crowhead, Level 48 Theurgist.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I don't have an Ice wizard yet, but plan on making one very soon.

I do not think Ice is weak. Yes their attacks are not as strong as Storm, but they have tons of health and better defenses. The resists found on Ice clothing is for all schools, not just its school of focus.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life
Hannah Earthbreaker Level 50 Balance
Hannah Summerglade Level 50 Fire
Hannah Legendstalker Level 49 (almost 50) Myth

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
legobuilder07 wrote:
Ice is weak in attacking but ice has a VERY special advantage. Ice gets LOADS of health and isn't that bad when it comes to fizzleing
yeah i always seem to fizzle all of my spells that aren't balance oh and your name was the one i was going to have without the seven but it was taken

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
.....I would say that Life Wizards are the weakest because they mostly heal....it even said that in a magazine page about Wizard101.....

But then again everyone thinks different

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
:x Stop making fun of ice because its weak i am ice wizard and besides you are also making fun of ice wizards who are real people

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I have something to say again, I've noticed that death, and myth have more accuracy and their more powerful than ice. And also I've noticed that ice spells fizzle a lot. :x
PLEASE MAKE ICE MORE POWERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(also the shields and the health doesn't count)

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
Listen.

Dont worry about what other people have to say.

Ice IS NOT weak.

If you want to go off and compare other schools then maybe you should idk SWITCH SCHOOLS!

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Whoa Whoa Whoa! Go to the tab SEE THE GAME and get to the schools triangle. Click on ice

Survivor
May 03, 2009
im a lvl. 36 ice wizard and im stronger then a lvl. 43 storm wizard.
I guess some ice wizards arent as powerful. but we do have great
defense!