Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance school= WAY TOO POWERFUL!! (UPDATED)

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Moribund wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:

I can't say I do agree. And here's why.

About the Shields: First off, I can't see how the Health of Balance Wizards (which isn't as much as it's obviously thought to be) is relevant to Shields. Second, Balance's Elemental- and SpiritShields do not stack, and are the weakest of any Shield (with a 50% reduction). Easy ways to get rid of them are DoT Spells, Minions, "Double-Hit" Attacks, or Ward-relieving spells like Earthquake (I call this "Balancebane"), StealWard, or Pierce.

About the Blades and Traps: Sorcerers are the only Wizards that can get Spells for free that they can't use with any Balance Spells. Half of their Blades and a third of their Traps are applicable to Judgement, PowerNova, and Ra; the others are Elemental or Spiritual in nature. Also, Feint takes seven Training Points to get; wasting that many is asinine. Anyone can get Feint, by the way. Additionally, the Warlord Gear gives no Health; as such, I believe the set flat-out sucks.

About Judgement (you know, I wish Cyrus would use his "red corrector pen" on this; the correct spelling of the word is "judgment"): First off, you are incorrect in saying that Sorcerers get Judgement at Level 38; it's actually ten Levels lower. Regardless, you are also incorrect in saying that a Judgement with no Blades or Traps can do 1750 Damage; the maximum Damage for an unboosted Judgement Spell is 1400. Also, if your only defense against Judgement is SpiritArmor, you know nothing about proper Training Point spending.

So, no, I disagree. Balance is fine as it is; I'm sorry, but your strategy is just bad.

P.S. If one of your former or present (no idea where you are on the academic ladder) English teachers sees your post, they will faint. Spelling issues, improper punctuation, repetitiveness, and poor grammar abound.

FoxFyr, I do not agree with you as much as I'd like, but I got to say SNAP! LOL

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - lvl 50 Ice

I don't understand what you're driving at with "I do not agree with you as much as I'd like." Buuuuuut... thanks. I snap. "Ha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha, I got a million of 'em."

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
jjoker999 wrote:
All balance wizards on here are saying that judgement ISN'T overpowered.

WHEN YOU HAVE LOST TEN PVP MATCHES IN A ROW BECAUSE FULL PIP JUDGEMENT KILLS YOU OFF WITH NO BLADES OR TRAPS!!

then you can come on here and say that judgement isn't overpowered.

Storm wizards have so little life that balances tactic is simple, they use shields galore (spirit and elemental so that i can't prism) black mantle, weakness, and wand attacks to lower any towers i put up.

Come fourteen pips and i am dead! nothing i can do about it ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

That takes the fun out of PvP and to me suggests that because there is NO counter strategy that it makes judgement overpowered.

Chain stunning was removed because there was no counter stragegy and so was wild bolt, so i would like to see judgement nullified - at least for storm because they have so little life!

Pfff. Hello, Mr. No-Strategy. I'll help.

Use powerful attacks, coupled with Boost combos, to overpower their defenses, stack your TowerShield and Weakness Spells, keep a reserve of Healing Spells, and for the love of headcheese, get some decent HEALTH-GIVING Equipment; don't use the "Arena Gear," it flat-out sucks. If you're getting defeated in one hit by 1400 Damage, you are either too low of a Level or have horrendous Gear (or both).

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
wizard10123488 wrote:
alyshaya wrote:
Ok I do ranked matches and i once in a while get hooked up with sorcerers. They always use too many shields and weaknesses. Then they use too many buffs and use judgement with too many pips.

About the shields: Along with ice wizards, balance wizards have tremendous amounts of health. And when they shield too much as they ALWAYS do, there victory is completely, and yes completely inevitable!

about the buffs: Balance wizards have WAY too many buffs. Some waste training points to get fient. With that they are liabel to destroy one in the warlord outfit with spirit armor on!

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

KI should do something to limit shields or judgement, do you agree?

Well how whould you feel if KI took away your school's BEST card? There are PLENTY of ways to weaken Judgement, like: Weakness, treasure Weakness, Tower shield, treasure Tower shield, and many more (I think).

And as a Balance wizard, I always get defeated

you mean how KI took away Wild Bolt from storm and replaced it with something completely unusable... ya that is pretty bad but KI is very good at taking away from storm and giving to balance

Guess what? We Balance Wizards, for the most part, support the old WildBolt. Besides, the change to WildBolt is very likely to be reversed; over 50% of voters "hated" the change.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
Well, I am just saying that i may be the 1% that isnt a Balance Wizard and highly disagree with the title. Balance Wizards are supposed to be strong, thats what makes their weaknesses, the stronger you are the easier it is to find the weakness. I won't say Balance Wizards weakness, but you will figure it out, if you dig deep enough. Trust me the dirt is hard when you get close, but if you are smart and strong enough to figure out how to dig the dirt up, then you have found Balance Wizards weakness. As remarked by the Director of the game, each element has its own perks and its own weaknesses, ours are just more obvious then Balance Wizards. Death Wizards are quite obvious, in fact, i am one. James Legend Legendary Necromancer Level 60. So if you do find out Balance weakness(es) be sure to not hold back! And Balance Wizards, be sure to find away to get rid of that weakness as fast as you can!

If you disagree with me, then i expect it, if you have any questions or disagreements, feel free to share them with me.

- And all the other James'!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
um balance is the weakest school ever, only has judge

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
alyshaya wrote:
Ok I do ranked matches and i once in a while get hooked up with sorcerers. They always use too many shields and weaknesses. Then they use too many buffs and use judgement with too many pips.

About the shields: Along with ice wizards, balance wizards have tremendous amounts of health. And when they shield too much as they ALWAYS do, there victory is completely, and yes completely inevitable!

about the buffs: Balance wizards have WAY too many buffs. Some waste training points to get fient. With that they are liabel to destroy one in the warlord outfit with spirit armor on!

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38 ) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

yeah i do agree i mean really they are wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy to powerful for wizards because my friend is level 27 and i'm level 37 an d she beat me with her spells but i have more health and she is balance and I'm myth so i think they should lower the power for balance or at least limit shields and traps

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, first of, No school is weak! I have 11 Characters and have a character in every school! I love each school in it's own right. There is no school that is overpowered and there is no school that is too weak!

I will say this one time and one time only. I am sorry if this hurts your feelings, but this is the truth! There is no weak schools, there are only weak players! So, if you find yourself complaining that your school is too weak, or that another school is too powerful, you need to reevaluate your strategy and think what you are doing wrong with these school.

I have gotten, every school, by myself, without anyone else helping to boost me, to do over 50000 damage in one shot! Every school! and that is not even seriously trying to boost, because if I did seriously try, I am sure I could get close to a Billion in Damage! No lie, and no exaggeration!

So, leave balance, judgment, ice, efreet, leviathan, and all the other schools and spells alone, because KI has done an excellent job in keeping the balance!

Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
Come on guys, give the balance wizards a break. I mean all they depend on is judgement, and shields. What ever happened to strategy? You people just want to make other people weaker so you can have an easier time winning pvp, which is only a small portion of the whole entire game. I've beaten balance wizards before, they aren't hard. All I had to use was my stragety. You guys can do the same, so just stop with the complaints.

Pyromancer Jacqueline Winter Flame Level 51.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
alyshaya wrote:

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38 ) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

Yes, I do agree. They probably wont change it though but a tip I can give you is to be aggressive and unpredictable. Like say you were storm and had a bunch of pips and in your hand you had a lightning bats, kraken, stormzilla, and a leviathan. Oh yeah, and a wand. I would use the lightning bats first, then the wand then the kraken, then the leviathan, and then the stormzilla. Makes people kinda nervous to us etheir shields.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
I disagree, i am pyromancer level 59 and i am starting to play pvp and i hate when i play with balance but thats why i have an tower shield and a fire wand, i can do about 1300 damage with my efreet(no blades or traps) then the guy will get a -90% so id used correctly can decrease their damage.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
I think he was being sarcastic... I really hope so...

Judgement is probably one of the WEAKER "PvP spells" in the schools.

Ice Wizard is currently the strongest; followed by Fire/Myth. THEN it's Balance.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Yingu wrote:

Ice Wizard is currently the strongest; followed by Fire/Myth. THEN it's Balance.
I watched a storm kill an ice warlord through full ice level 58 gear and 70%. I say STORM is the strongest and by the way balance can kill ice with amulet feint, feint, hex, balanceblade, bladestorm, and critical, and full level 58 balance gear. (20000) damage.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
bravevline wrote:
Yingu wrote:

I watched a storm kill an ice warlord through full ice level 58 gear and 70%. I say STORM is the strongest and by the way balance can kill ice with amulet feint, feint, hex, balanceblade, bladestorm, and critical, and full level 58 balance gear. (20000) damage.

As if a Thaumaturge would just stand by while all that happens. Stack Tower Shields (so they can't take them off) and, of course, Ice Armors (secondary School Weakness and/or Spirit Armor would help, as would treasure Steal Charm and assorted Storm and Myth Spells to remove their Blades and Traps). THAT'S What a Thaumaturge would do.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
For people who think Balance is way too powerful, i got a suggestion. Make a balance wizard, level it up to Celestia. Then try to fight your way through it, then explain to someone about how balance is "way too powerful" People will say "oh well you got judgement", But its not like you push the judgement button and get an automatic judgement, you gotta wait for it. Also look at balances other spells. They aren't as powerful as Storm and fire, and there shields are -50% (as much as a tower shield), and the others are -80%, -70%. Before you go saying "Balance is overpowered" Look at their charms and shields and spells.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Storm: plz judge i got 0 pips

Balance: sry you toke out judge

Storm: man!

Survivor
May 16, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
um balance is the weakest school ever, only has judge

I beg to differ. I am lvl 27 and I get along fine without judgement. we have shields and stuff that make us powerful, yes, but still.

Okay back to topic. We are not overpowering. This is coming from a lvl 8 diviner, too. Thank you to all those people out there who ar elike, "pshahh, you need a strategy!" Anyways, you need to think. Have you seen how many people are saying this stuff? This is just plain ridiculous. :(

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
bravevline wrote:
Yingu wrote:

As if a Thaumaturge would just stand by while all that happens. Stack Tower Shields (so they can't take them off) and, of course, Ice Armors (secondary School Weakness and/or Spirit Armor would help, as would treasure Steal Charm and assorted Storm and Myth Spells to remove their Blades and Traps). THAT'S What a Thaumaturge would do.
Lol, do you always have to cause trouble? The ice wizard had a shield and thought it would be enough. But it wasn't now was it?

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
bravevline wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
bravevline wrote:
Yingu wrote:

Lol, do you always have to cause trouble? The ice wizard had a shield and thought it would be enough. But it wasn't now was it?

It's called "strategizing."

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
I agree that balance wizards are very tough in pvp. Thats why I love being one.LOL. I don't know if anyone can beat me in pvp. Well nones done it yet. See ya in the spiral.

Mason Sandtamer lvl 20 in the tomb of storms

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
I have to say i feel balance wizards are fine apart from Judgment. Yes before you all moan i am another QQ'er about judgment, it just really is pathetic. I have my Legendary ice with the max gear and 38% resist to all schools and a tiny bit under 4000 health but i still have no chance against balance. Why? Well because of judgment. I am in a match the other day i have tower shields up my resist and this was still not enough to stop the warlord balance guy. He puts feint on me with 30% buff and his own balance blade and the little 20% one. I can do nothing to stop this but with my tower shield and 38% resist i thought i would survive. NOPE. He casts it and it was not even a crit and hits me for 3979 life? I had already lost a little bit of life from before when i got hit with the first time with a judgment, i had a tower shield and over 1000 absorb points ice shield up but still hit me for 700, again non-crit. Really is this that fair? they use nothing else but this spell and this is because they don't need to, because its too strong. If Ice can't block a judgment with tower shield, resist and near 4k health at the time i dread to think what other classes must go through, i feel for you storm. Plz do something to make them a bit more killable, i would have tried to kill him before hand while he was saving the pips up ofc, but wrong again he uses a billion elemntal shields and tower shields (which cost no pips) and they also have a vast amount of life for their damage, the one i was last fighting had just under 3.5k health and i am powerless against them.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Deborahloi wrote:
As my mander slaves shield me from the elements, I erect a sparkling wall against the spirits. I meticulously lay traps that will consume my enemies in elemental and spiritual agony. I gird myself with a rainbow of blades, and all the while the enemy taunts and jeers castigates me for not attacking. Though my slaves may strike them, and I may even heal myself from their barrage, all the while I am silent.

When I see that there is no hope for civil discourse, it is with deep satisfaction that I rain Judgment down upon them.

Musical are their dying screams of "noob!" and "cheater!"

Dispell may prolong the trial, but against a True Sorcerer, there is no escaping Judgment.
One of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Let us give applause to the creator of such a fine, and true, poem.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Oh, stop complaining. Get your deck together, figure out a strategy, and then talk about schools being too powerful. There are other parts of the game (remember pve play?) where you are grateful to have the Balance person on your side, so quit complaining about them.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38 ) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school.
i dont care about judge. this balance killed me with 2 different towers on and she has 3,506 health ONLY ICE SHOULD HAVE THAT HEALTH. and the judge still did 7,005 with 2 different towers on! balance is outrageous. if KI doesnt do anything about this i will. i suggest 2 options for balance.
(1) get rid of judge
(2) get rid of balance altogether.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Ok this is messed up! you complain about judgement but have you ever thought about heckhound?!?!?! it does more than judgement in the long run it does without buffs, criticals etc. 1720and factoring in some stuff 3134!!!!! (fire blade and spirit blade alone) and its not givin any credit cause its a DOT spell
open your eyes people! balance isnt that bad! that is how they made it so its how it will be

oh and by the way simple solution, USE EFREET, well for fire other schools you should make a stratigy to deflect cause fire is awesome against balance can steal there blades ruin there traps( immolate ) and ruin combos with efreet
scot soulhammer- efreet lovin pyromancer

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
cybertwindragon wrote:

i dont care about judge. this balance killed me with 2 different towers on and she has 3,506 health

So... they had good equipment? Like every School has at higher Levels? So what?

ONLY ICE SHOULD HAVE THAT HEALTH.

Maybe only Ice should have that as natural Health, but it's as I said: equipment.

and the judge still did 7,005 with 2 different towers on!

This person must have been at a very high Level (where high power levels and Health are sort of expected) to have Critical.

if KI doesnt do anything about this i will.

Um, first of all, you actually can't effect the game yourself, making that a meaningless gesture.

i suggest 2 options for balance.
(1) get rid of judge
(2) get rid of balance altogether.

I thought you didn't care about Judgement. Also, those are both highly unlikely and blatant nerfing.