Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friends on Map

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
Wouldn't it be nice to see anyone you have on your friends list on a map? or some locale indicator?

Delver
May 31, 2009
that would be awesome, what a great idea. it would be limited to the area your in since thats the map you pull up. still great idea!!!

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
ccm800 wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice to see anyone you have on your friends list on a map? or some locale indicator?

My guess is that something like this would slow the game. Imagine being in the commons on a busy day, and the game is trying to track the friends of 30-50 people in that area. The game already lags under those conditions for people with minimal requirements for play....

Survivor
May 10, 2009
ccm800 wrote:

ooh good idea i like that

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
I like this idea.

Perhaps to address performance issues, it wouldn't have to be real-time, but like a "last seen here" type thing. So it wouldn't have to be a real-time tracking item. Perhaps up to 30-60 seconds delayed.

ccm800 wrote:

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Is there now a way to do this? I have "friends" telling me where I am BEFORE I say anything to them. I will be in the game playing by myself, then all of a sudden I get a friend quest to teleport to me because "Your in [blank} dungeon and it gives high XP points?" How would someone know where I am located in the game, if I am quietly playing the game and have yet to talk to anyone?

Normally I have my teleport on, but lately I have turned it off since a certain new option to the game has started in the last week. People I thought were friends are now showing up in my house uninvited!