Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Characters birthdays

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
How about the characters have birthdays. Their house/dorm gets decorated like for a birthday party and they get a small amount of gold (maybe 100). Plz tell me what you think

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
leapardcat wrote:
How about the characters have birthdays. Their house/dorm gets decorated like for a birthday party and they get a small amount of gold (maybe 100). Plz tell me what you think

Hmm... it might be fun for people who haven't already decked out there place...

But I want to point out that there are cakes and party banners for sale at the Wizard City housing shop.

There is also a present for sale in Krokotopia.

As for the gold thing... your friends might gift some to you are give you cards...

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
leapardcat wrote:
I like your thinking. Most of times i see people asking for treasures but i will admit, i've done it before but it REALLY was my Birthday.

maybe subscribers can get...
500 gold
3 random swords
and some crowns :D

crown users can get...
250 gold
2 random swords
and a random pet from bosses that give cards

free trial users could get...
250 gold
the 8000 gold WC house
1 random staff

Hope you like

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
leapardcat wrote:
I like your thinking. Most of times i see people asking for treasures but i will admit, i've done it before but it REALLY was my Birthday.

500 gold
3 random swords

crown users can get...
250 gold
2 random swords

250 gold
the 8000 gold WC house
1 random staff

Hope you like

I really don't think KI would give out 3 free Swords to Subscribers just because they're veterans. Maybe they could have 1 Sword if they don't use bad language, and maybe 1,000 Gold. And for the 8,000 Gold WC House, some people might sell it for some extra gold. They would be running around with the best items in WC (not Crowns), and what about the new people that come to play the game? They would understand what the clothes actually did, then think it was unfair. I like the birthday idea, just not the prizes.

Here is what I think should happen on birthdays. People should throw huge parties in their houses, and have them last for a full day. Just kidding, although that would be awesome . Well... I got nothing.

Duncan Nightshade
Duncan Mythblood
Kane Lifebane
Others.

Administrator
Just to make sure all our young Wizards are aware, due to COPPA (the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) we are unable to keep the birth dates of players under the age of 13. This is protected information, and we cannot keep it in our databases, therefore we cannot reward our players on their birthdays.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
Ok then how about like your Birthday could be the day you joined like you Wizard's Birthday?

Defender
May 24, 2009
Yeah you should be able to do a wizard birthday party, not your real life birthday but your wizards day that he joined. 8)

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Just to make sure all our young Wizards are aware, due to COPPA (the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) we are unable to keep the birth dates of players under the age of 13. This is protected information, and we cannot keep it in our databases, therefore we cannot reward our players on the birthdays.
I completly understand so how about it celebrates the day you JOINED wizard101 like somebody else said i belive.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Just to make sure all our young Wizards are aware, due to COPPA (the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) we are unable to keep the birth dates of players under the age of 13. This is protected information, and we cannot keep it in our databases, therefore we cannot reward our players on the birthdays.
I completly understand so how about it celebrates the day you JOINED wizard101 like somebody else said i belive.

Sounds reasonable. We should get something good, because on that day we decided to be apart of (and PAY for) the game. We should be respected as players.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Sounds reasonable. We should get something good, because on that day we decided to be apart of (and PAY for) the game. We should be respected as players.

Ether that or we could buy a bunch of party stuff and bring it out every year. By the way if you fight those four raven bosses in grizzleheim (don't know who they are so this might not help lol) You can get great stuff. I fought them once and for my prize...just for that one battle...I got a hat!

Huh? What's so good about a hat you say? Well I also got three swords with it. :D

Now how do you supose they knew it was my birthday? Especeally when it wasn't?
LOL

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
leapardcat wrote:

500 gold
3 random swords

crown users can get...
250 gold
2 random swords

250 gold
the 8000 gold WC house
1 random staff

Hope you like

i like this idea it gets really gets every one a good prize and depending on what they use they will still get good stuff. :D

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
leapardcat wrote:

500 gold
3 random swords

crown users can get...
250 gold
2 random swords

250 gold
the 8000 gold WC house
1 random staff

Hope you like

I would switch swords for more crowns like 5000 crowns...

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Merekid wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Ether that or we could buy a bunch of party stuff and bring it out every year. By the way if you fight those four raven bosses in grizzleheim (don't know who they are so this might not help lol) You can get great stuff. I fought them once and for my prize...just for that one battle...I got a hat!

Huh? What's so good about a hat you say? Well I also got three swords with it. :D

Now how do you supose they knew it was my birthday? Especeally when it wasn't?
LOL

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

Yeah, the covens. I'm done with GH so I can go there any time I want. But me alone against 4 covens with 4,200 life each? Lets see, 4200+4200+4200+4200= 16,800. Hmm, a 16,800 life boss against me, a 2,972life GM sorcerer? Sounds impossible. Thats why I wouldnt solo, of course, but I'm not sure so many people would be willing to help time after time after time. (after time)

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
seriously, there HAS to be SOMETHING to celebrate a character's birthday. i mean, like, if it is ACTUALLY someone's birthday, it isnt so special if there isnt any present. and that would make the person kinda sad. there should be a big amount of gold, like, 6000 or something and maybe some crowns; 20,000 would be good, and maybe a special permanent mount, or, a big pack of really good treasure cards. special helpful robes, hat, shoes, staff, wand, anything. there has GOTTA be a present for someone's birthday. its not fair to those who's their birthday is actually that day. :?

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
diablo1008 wrote:
Yeah you should be able to do a wizard birthday party, not your real life birthday but your wizards day that he joined. 8)

Amber N.= thats the best birthday idea. it would be so cool. it would be awesome to have a surprise party when you log in on the day you first signed up or created your characters.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I kind of like this idea but i do have one problem with it, If you rewarded players without a sub or crowns, then it would be easy to make multiple accounts and reap the benefits for almost no work. Players should have to work to earn rewards. I agree though it would be nice to get a cake or something on your birthday if you are a subscriber, but nothing more and no one else, Thanks.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2010
i agree with oats on this one i think there should be three quests. 2 for crown users 1 for the demo free players and all 3 for subscribers. the first quest would be to defeat [depending on what level your on] 10 of a certain enemy. The 2nd quest would be to defeat [again depending what level your on] 3 bosses. Finally the 3rd quesrt would be a 30 minute dungeon. [for some people its hard to do all that especially on a school or work day, thats why the dungeon would be 30 minutes]. For the first quest you would get 300 gold 700 crowns and 1000 expierience. The 2nd you would get a new out fit [fit for your level and school]. 2000 expierience 350 gold and 900 crowns. Finally the 3rd quest would give a permanent mount a et with an attack on the weaker side 600 gold 1300 crowns and 3000 expierience[ i know for wizards high or low leveled it might be alot or not alot but its all ajustable].