Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i keep getting reported for no reason

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
if i keep getting reported for no reason will i get an acount ban or get in trouble?

Administrator
You can find the answer in our Help & Support - FAQ section, young Wizard.

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Nov 25, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

It must take a long time to read the chat log.
I was wondering what if someone reports someone tons of times for no reason just to get them banned?
Are we safe?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Merekid wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

It must take a long time to read the chat log.
I was wondering what if someone reports someone tons of times for no reason just to get them banned?
Are we safe?

Then they'd probably ban the reporting-for-no-reasoner for reporting too many times for, well, no reason.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
Don't worry Mr. Lincon has that covered. For what you just said the other player might get banned or suspended and if Mr.Lincon finds the same chat logs over and over again he might be suspious. If he finds the offense bad you will get suspended or banned. He will figure out what the person was trying to do.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I have open chat and i am regularly reported for using words NOT filtered in the open chat. I recently got muted and since then i have only swore twice and bam i am now suspended, its too strict and so i highly expect that i will just leave my account and go play a different MMO that isnt strict enough to suspend someone for swearing once or twice.

Administrator
77296 wrote:
since then i have only swore twice and bam i am now suspended

Zero tolerance, young Wizard.

The chat filters are there for a reason. Players who break the rules are not welcome in Wizard101.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
</div>
</blockquote>I have open chat and i am regularly reported for using words NOT filtered in the open chat. I recently got muted and since then i have only swore twice and bam i am now suspended, its too strict and so i highly expect that i will just leave my account and go play a different MMO that isnt strict enough to suspend someone for swearing once or twice. </div>
</blockquote>

Most MMO are worse! At least you only got suspended. You could've gotten banned for good. Now I suggest that you stop cussing. I have found other words for a cuss that isnt cussing something you need to learn to do when playing a public game. ;)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
77296 wrote:

The chat filters are there for a reason. Players who break the rules are not welcome in Wizard101.

you go greyrose! i hate it that ppl think cause u can get around it, it makes it right

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
77296 wrote:

Thank you KingsIsle and Wizard101 for this zero tolerance policy. I am the mother of a 14 year old son (I play, he rarely plays). I'm aware of what his language can be like at times. But that doesn't mean I have to accept others stating it around him. If I wanted to be around foul language, I would choose to play other online games. I like the fact that when I log in here, I don't have to see it (except from those few misguided people who think it's cool to use foul language, or go around the filter with "creative" words). I like that I can play this game with my younger nieces (8 and 11) and have no worries about them seeing what they shouldn't.

We all have the ability to do things we shouldn't. Doesn't mean, just because I can rob a person, that I should. Likewise, just because I can use foul language in public, doesn't mean I should.

So for that, I appreciate zero tolerance.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
dude at castles it is a avantage you could be reported only if its like a party yes its easier to get reported happens to me ALL the time people act as if they were 2bon this game sometimes here that people? look what you did? you reported this guy for no apperent reason!! i don't report i feel as if its ... wrong o: people whoever reported this wizard say sorry lolz but srsly!

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Oh miss greyrose you make good things happen i am ice but one question. when do i learn a ice school only spell? ;)
your awesome ice student Elizabeth GoldenBlossom level 32 ice