Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

that area is closed right now

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Me, my boyfriend and my dad have been getting this message constantly the past few days followed by us being logged out of our accounts. And, yes, we have tried switching to less crowded realms multiple times. And today, I went up to a silver chest, clicked on it, it disappeared so I waited to be let into the minigame and alas it too said area closed right now. Then soon after I ran up to some scrapiron, clicked, it disappeared but was not added to my inventory. Same thing happened soon after with a wooden chest. It made the coin noise but no coins were added. Has anyone else been having similar problems? Oh, also we have been getting "stuck" inside buildings not being able to leave or port or even log out

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
still having same problem and still waiting for an actual response please

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
chrstngal03 wrote:
still having same problem and still waiting for an actual response please

This sounds like a network problem on the client side. I have a program that I use to block the IP addresses of sites and advertisements that are negative or harmful. When I first installed this program for some reason in the list of blocked IP addresses was some of Wizard101's servers. So whenever I had this program on and I tried to go to a new level or minigame or anything of the sort it would also say area not available and I would go back to my character select screen. Basically what I am saying is if you are using a router then maybe it has a firewall on it that was automatically blocking some of the Wiz101 servers. I am positive that this is what is happening. Try this. Remove the network cable from the back of one of the computers and connect it directly to your modem bypassing the router. Turn the power to the computer and modem off. First power the modem back on and wait around one minute. After the minute start the computer and make sure the antivirus software also does not have a firewall program on it. Also sometimes ( not always) windows firewall will ask you if you want to allow a program to access through the firewall the first time you use it. If you accidently clicked no then that could also be the problem. After checking these things if you connect with no problem then one of the firewalls ( router, antivirus, or windows ) is blocking your access to the game and you need to have someone who knows how to fix this do so. I really hope this helps. Also I know there is a way for you to test the IP of the servers but I do not know where you would get the IP list of the Wizard101 servers. If you do find them out you can go to Start, Run and type in the run box ( ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <-- IP goes here ) and if your connection times out then you are blocked. If you get a ping time in MS ( 5 of them ) then you have a connection. I know this might be jibberish to most of you but I really do hope I helped!

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I have been getting the same error message and boy is it getting tiresome. Because the problem started up around the same time (April) as the original author and the game was fine before, I don't think it's a router or firewall problem. I too would like to know how to get this problem fixed. My friends tell me that I disappear for several moments when the error message comes on.

Administrator
We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click &quot;Save all Information&quot; and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009