Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Giant and Storm Lord

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
NuganStonehelm wrote:
mpetersen68 wrote:
these are the top "all" spells each doing more then one thing
storm does 690 and stuns 70%
balance 470 plus 25% weakness 85%
fire does a total of 791 , of which 351 happens over three rounds keeping oppenents from shielding themselves75%
death steals 400 and gives half to the caster 85%
myth has earthquake does 310 and strips all oppenents of all charms and wards 80%
ice does 470 and stuns 80%
and life gives absorb shields and heals 90%
if you take stun away what should storm get with its storm lord?

It would be the strongest one. and why not give it a weakness? or the burn thing huh? why give it the ice spell? (yes yes yes i know i know stun is myth too) Storms special ability is to be REALLLY strong, their GM spell is just a stronger versions of ice.

It is also a Fire Spell

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Frankly, Ice is the LAST school that should be complaining. Ice is the only school that can, for absolutely zero Training Points, block against stun, AND they can get the StunBlock spell before they have to battle a single Lost Soul.

Now, let's assume StormLord deals 1200 Damage, the Thaumaturge goes before the Diviner, and that Mr. Storm gets a PowerPip each round, AND that he just passes until StormLord can be cast. And that Mr. Ice gets no PowerPips.
Ice's best bet is:
Round 1: StunBlock
Round 2: TowerShield
Round 3: VolcanicShield
Round 4: IceArmor

Breakdown:
1200 (base dmg.) x0.5 (TowerShield modifier) = 600
600 (mod dmg.) x0.7 (VolcanicShield modifier) = 420
420 (mod dmg.) -500 (IceArmor modifier) < 0

So, with only Ice spells, you can utterly diffuse the most powerful spell in the game.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
zezus998 wrote:
i think that storm should have lightning elf instead of stun

why would storm want lightning elf lol

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
NuganStonehelm wrote:
I don't actually think storm should have one of the other schools specials, i was merely using it as an example, because looking at Ice Giant and Storm lord, Lord is simply a stronger Giant. I feel that since storms boost is powerful hits, then just make it REALLY strong.

well ice has stronger blade and trap 2 boost there spell up. like storm blade 30% ice blade has 40% storm trap 25% ice trap 35%. see the difference. without stormlord i would be a gonner,well in 4v4 of course.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
pikmen wrote:
NuganStonehelm wrote:
mpetersen68 wrote:
these are the top "all" spells each doing more then one thing
storm does 690 and stuns 70%
balance 470 plus 25% weakness 85%
fire does a total of 791 , of which 351 happens over three rounds keeping oppenents from shielding themselves75%
death steals 400 and gives half to the caster 85%
myth has earthquake does 310 and strips all oppenents of all charms and wards 80%
ice does 470 and stuns 80%
and life gives absorb shields and heals 90%
if you take stun away what should storm get with its storm lord?

It would be the strongest one. and why not give it a weakness? or the burn thing huh? why give it the ice spell? (yes yes yes i know i know stun is myth too) Storms special ability is to be REALLLY strong, their GM spell is just a stronger versions of ice.

It is also a Fire Spell

and myth

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
Many classes have stuns. The class with the most stuns till the grand spells came was MYTH! So in other words, stunning is NOT for Ices! And get over it! If they want Frost Giant to do 400 Ice damage and stun and Storm Lord to do 690 damage and stun, lets that just be their choice!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
NuganStonehelm wrote:
I still do not understand why it is necessary to give the lord a stun as it is in fact, an ice spell. leave the damage for lord where it is, but take away that stun, storm does not deserve it, it is not one of their spells.
I want storm Lord to have stun. it suits it

BrandonLionSlinger lvl 39 Storm

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
I have two views on this topic.

First, have you ever been electrocuted? Trust me, it does stun you. LOL

Second, I do still agree that Storm Lord and Frost Giant should have different secondary effects. Just to change things up a bit and not have one spell simply seeming to be a copy of another grandmaster spell. One or the other needs a change in the secondary effect for Frost Giant or Storm Lord.

I love my grandmaster Ice, and it does feel kind of cheesy to see the Storm's with a harder hitting version of your spell. Yeah, I also play a Storm, he's just not a grandmaster yet. So I have love for both schools.

~Isaiah MythWhisper: Master of Ice (Hope to meet some of you in game, peace)

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
NuganStonehelm wrote:
I have recently noticed a MAJOR problem in game, the grandmaster ice spell (ice giant) hits weakly (of course) since it is ice, but it has stun, an ice spell. however the storm grandmaster spell (storm lord) hits very powerfully, and ALSO HAS STUN, which is an ice spell. please explain to me why they are simply a better version of ice. they aren't, but their grand master spell is. it is not fair and stun should be removed from storm lord.

You are very wrong. Storm Lord deserves the stun. The Lord is very powerful, don't get me wrong, but storms thrive on the extra stun to give them an extra turn to divise a new strategy, build a good defence, then possibly lead up to another Storm Lord. Bottom line is that stun plus storm lord, equals better life protection and defence.

David ThunderShard lvl 50 Storm

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
Well, Storm Lord is good as it is right now. Here are my reasons:

1. It would be nothing without it
2. Its just as powerful as Frost Giant in a sense
3. Storm needs the stun, with our low health, we would die more easily. if anything, frost giant doesnt need a stun

I think i made a point

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
Storm Lord is a very strong card, don't get me wrong, but without the stun, storms don't get a chance to build a defence to protect their life. I say that Storm Lord deserves the stun. I use Storm Lord a lot, and let me tell you, without that stun kicker(after the second use, because of the stun blocks) it is difficult to protect your life points. Bottom line is, Storm Lord + Stun, equals better defence and life protection.

David Thundershard lvl 50 Storm