Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glasses for Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Well, this is going to be hard to explain (since I'm posting from my DSi right now) so I want to make explaining this short and sweet. I was thinking maybe you could get glasses for your wizard.

So... what do you think? Good idea :D or bad idea :(?

If you think its a good idea post what you think they should look like and if they should have stats or not.

See you in the Spiral,
Kaitlyn IceRiver
Lucas LifeGiver (i made a boy for fun)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
mightygirl1001 wrote:
Well, this is going to be hard to explain (since I'm posting from my DSi right now) so I want to make explaining this short and sweet. I was thinking maybe you could get glasses for your wizard.

If you think its a good idea post what you think they should look like and if they should have stats or not.

See you in the Spiral,
Kaitlyn IceRiver

I think more items to individualize a character is a good thing. Glasses are a nice item. I'd like to see crowns or such also.

And good for you for trying out a boy. Do you find that you get treated differently as a girl versus a boy character?

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I do wear gallasses and think it would be cool if our wizards could wear them, though I don't think I'd waste ingame cash on glasses

Defender
May 24, 2009
I am already guessing this is a fashion trend! But i don't think this would be possible since this would put KI into major developing and i am guess this might slow down your computer with so much RAM needed for this game! But then i might be wrong!

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I think the only thing it should offer is protection from spells, i.e 5-10% shielding, and as a cool look to your wizard :D They could sell them at the crown shop with a special card attached

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
mightygirl1001 wrote:

See you in the Spiral,
Kaitlyn IceRiver
I like the idea the glasses can cost 500-1000 gold and it can increase your accuracy.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Glasses probably wouldn't have stats. For people who don't actually wear glasses might not want to put them on their wizard.

I invision normal glasses (you know, what people actually wear), Glasses with different shaps (like the 2010 glasses), ski goggles, and face paints.

This is a good idea, but Kingsisle has a lot to do with the new expansion. It might be a while, sigh. xD

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhaven

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
mightygirl1001 wrote:

See you in the Spiral,
Kaitlyn IceRiver

When I saw the title of the post I chuckled. That would be a pretty cool idea, you know, just for fun. :-)

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Here I am again! I see everyone has some really good ideas

To FlipFredFredBurger:

I like the idea of accuracy for the glasses

To Penguin4ever:

I'm pretty sure I can wait for Celestia, but this is just an idea, it probably won't happen. Anyway, the way the glasses would look. Its pretty cool.

To diablo1008:

Its not a fashion trend, unless you count sunglasses :D 8) I would say that glasses are small, BUT even the smallest of things are very big.

I would write more but I'm tired :(

Kaitlyn IceRiver Adept Thaumaturge
Lucas LifeGiver Magus Theurgist
AND INTRODUCING MY NEWEST CHARACTER....
Angel Talon Apprentice Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Frostine wrote:
glasses would be good! :D you could make a person look like harry potter!

Team Potter! That'd be soo kewl! I would LOVE a harry potter character! Too bad you couldnt really name him "Harry Potter"!

And I would love to geek up Kestrel cause I'm such a bookworm 8)! That'd make her more like me! :D

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Bookworm (and proud of it!)

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Frostine wrote:

Team Potter! That'd be soo kewl! I would LOVE a harry potter character! Too bad you couldnt really name him "Harry Potter"!

And I would love to geek up Kestrel cause I'm such a bookworm 8)! That'd make her more like me! :D

Ugh...

First everyone was...

Brittney spear
luke skywalker
taylor swift
and much more

Now everyone is gonna pretend to be harry potter Ain't that nice?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Frostine wrote:

Ugh...

First everyone was...

Brittney spear
luke skywalker
taylor swift
and much more

Harry Potter is different! Especially for Potter fans like me :D! Plus, I wouldnt "play" him, just make him for the sake of making him!

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Dragonflame8 wrote:
I do wear gallasses and think it would be cool if our wizards could wear them, though I don't think I'd waste ingame cash on glasses

I think the glasses, if you wear them, should be half prices. If it is lets say 400 gold, if you wear them it should be 200. This is not very fair, so maybe if you lower it to just 150 gold per person.

Hannah Dragonsword, 39 fire

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Frostine wrote:

Ugh...

First everyone was...

Brittney spear
luke skywalker
taylor swift
and much more

Harry Potter is different! Especially for Potter fans like me :D! Plus, I wouldnt "play" him, just make him for the sake of making him!
Well I dont really care as long as it floats ya Boat! :) :D

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
mightygirl1001 wrote:

See you in the Spiral,
Kaitlyn IceRiver

I think more items to individualize a character is a good thing. Glasses are a nice item. I'd like to see crowns or such also.

And good for you for trying out a boy. Do you find that you get treated differently as a girl versus a boy character?

I notice this as an observer, the girls are quite often asked by the free players to date them, where as the guy characters are more the subject of insults.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Wow! It seems that people like the of glasses!
For people who said they would like a look like harry potter, this is great, too. I used to read Harry Potter. I feel bad I don't now .

Keep giving ideas out! What should the glasses look like? Please tell!

See ya in The Spiral!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I think glasses would be a wonderful addition. I'd go for a "Ben Franklin" style rather than a "Harry Potter" style of glasses, but I'm assuming there wouls be several options there. The wizards need more to individualize thier appearances anyway. Some new hairstyles, face options, and an expanded name list would also be nice. I don't think glasses should be a purchaseable item, but rather a basic appearance option when the wizard is first created.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
what about sun-glasses? I have an idea for a pair.

Glasses of the Sunbird

+5% resist to fire
+5% accuracy

The item looks like: sun-glasses with points at the end that have rubies encrusted on them. They have red lenses.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
If you could have goggles that would be cool. Like this is what i was thinking of on how to make one of them:
1: Make the lens green.
2: Make a black plastic strip that goes around your head.
3: Then make it so you can make it any color in the game!

That's it... thanks for looking!

Kenneth DuneWard level 28 Adept Ice.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Aww come on guys! I'm posting more on this than you guys are! Please hand out your ideas, please!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
dragonfire10 wrote:
what about sun-glasses? I have an idea for a pair.

Glasses of the Sunbird

+5% resist to fire
+5% accuracy

The item looks like: sun-glasses with points at the end that have rubies encrusted on them. They have red lenses.

For you dragonfire10 and all of the others who posted about stats it would not be fair for those like me who don't wear them in real life and really don't care to in a game. Even sunglasses I wouldn't want so I would put them in for the looks. That and I also saw not wearing a hat all of the time as somebody's post, here is what I have to say to that. It would be fine as long as you still kept the stats because that is the only reason I am willing enough to wear a hat.

One idea I thought of is instead of hats we could wear WIGS!!! You could use 500 gold to put your stats of your favorite hat onto the wig for a new style. The wigs wouldn't look really fake they would just look like simple but awesome hairstyles. But they could be multicolored and stuff like that. The wigs themselves would cost 1,000 but hey they are cool.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Excellent Idea!

Increase Accuracy with Glasses!

Could be simlar to pendants, athames, etc...

mightygirl1001 wrote:

See you in the Spiral,
Kaitlyn IceRiver
I like the idea the glasses can cost 500-1000 gold and it can increase your accuracy.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
I for one would like to see this. Not a passion for me, but something I would definately take advantage of, providing that they helped with my stats.

I think for young wizards that simply want to mimic their real-life, there should be cheap glasses with no stats. Gold pieces obviously, so kids don't have to pay cash for them.

For more serious and dedicated players, they could be similar to other equipment items which would increase accuracy.

How about a single spectical (sp?) like Ambrose wears? Think about those types of things too.

mightygirl1001 wrote:
Aww come on guys! I'm posting more on this than you guys are! Please hand out your ideas, please!