Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i was wondering...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 11, 2009
will people who already have a finished 50 and beaten the game be able to bring him to 60? or will i have to start a new character? in sum other mmog, u have to start a whole new character to do so, and im praying this is not the case with wizard 101.

if anybody knows, please tell me.

------------------------------------------------

Wolf Stormblade 50 diviner

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Popman98 wrote:
will people who already have a finished 50 and beaten the game be able to bring him to 60? or will i have to start a new character? in sum other mmog, u have to start a whole new character to do so, and im praying this is not the case with wizard 101.

if anybody knows, please tell me.

------------------------------------------------

Wolf Stormblade 50 diviner

Probably not....i hope !

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I'm fairly certain you won't have to start a new character to advance. if you have a wizard who had already finished the game, then you should be able to pick where you left off.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Defender
Jun 11, 2009
its reassuring to see that many ppl are saying no, but i wont really have piece of mind until they come out in summer...

thanks to those who responded!

Jared stormblade 50 diviner
wolf deathcaller 46 necromancer
(HOPEFULLY one day to be sixty :( :P )

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Popman98 wrote:
its reassuring to see that many ppl are saying no, but i wont really have piece of mind until they come out in summer...

Do you know how many angry Grandmasters there would be if they had to start over? KI isnt going to let that happen and there would be no point in upping the level cap to 60 if you just had to start over with a new wizard instead of continuing on.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I doubt it. I don't really know how those other MMOs work, but I don't see how this could be possible with how Wizard101 works. With the introduction of a new level cap, there is also an introduction of a new world to extend the current story line.
When Dragonspyre and Grizzleheim were introduced, while there was no level cap increase, there was no need to start a new character in order to continue with the storyline. I don't see any reason that Kings Isle would make this world introduction any different.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
moviebuff3000 wrote:
Popman98 wrote:

Do you know how many angry Grandmasters there would be if they had to start over? KI isnt going to let that happen and there would be no point in upping the level cap to 60 if you just had to start over with a new wizard instead of continuing on.

good point and i am pretty sure we wouldnt have to start a new character either

Kelsey Myth, level 50 myth