Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Red Mandrake.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
I've found good farming spots for Ore and Black Lotus for the DS crafting missions, but I can't seem to find a decent place to find Red Mandrakes. Does anyone know where Red Mandrakes are most plentiful? I heard Nightside, but I just went through every realm right now (3:15 AM) and I got 4 Mandrakes. I'm looking for something like in Dragonspyre Academy where I can go from top to bottom and it takes about 1 minute and there are 6 or 7 places where the Red Mandrake will show up. (This is where I got my Diamonds.)

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
GoCowboys wrote:
I've found good farming spots for Ore and Black Lotus for the DS crafting missions, but I can't seem to find a decent place to find Red Mandrakes. Does anyone know where Red Mandrakes are most plentiful? I heard Nightside, but I just went through every realm right now (3:15 AM) and I got 4 Mandrakes. I'm looking for something like in Dragonspyre Academy where I can go from top to bottom and it takes about 1 minute and there are 6 or 7 places where the Red Mandrake will show up. (This is where I got my Diamonds.)

This question would ahve been better posted in the crafting forums ;)

But, Cylops Lane is the place you want for these, also sometimes a decent amount on Colossus Boulevard.

Nightside only has one-two spawns max usually, so that would take forever there, same with the cave off Triton Avenue...not really a lot there.

Hero
May 27, 2009
The problem with Red Mandrake is that it's almost exclusively located in Wizard City. Cyclops Lane, Colossus Blvd and Firecat Alley have the most spawn locations, in my experience, with Nightside and the Haunted Cave next. There is none on Unicorn Way, Triton or anywhere in the Commons. I know of a spawn site in Grizzleheim-Savaarstad Pass, but only found the mandrake there once. The only instance level it appears in is Sunken City. If you are desperate, you can try there.

Because there aren't that many locations, and there are huge numbers of wizards in those locations, it's pretty tricky to find.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
GoCowboys wrote:

I farmed Cyclops lane for Red Mandrake. Go through festival park, and then search around each of the boss's forts. Then change realms and repeat. Even if you just go from fort to fort, it usually only takes about a minute (the time you have to wait to change realms). If you farm around the time your post states (3:15 am) you should find quite a few along with blood moss.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life