Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This needs to be addressed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Background...

I am level 26. I am trying out the PvP to see how much sustainability this game has to offer. I get kind of bored doing the same monster combat over and over and over so thought this would be a fun change of pace.

Well I was sadly mistaken. I have yet to run into a fun and fair match. I am a Life Player so I figured I would try out a 2v2.

Problem....
I was paired with another mage around my level. He had a bit less hitpoints than me so I assume he is a bit lower level. We got paired against an extremely high level player partnered with an extremely low level player.
The high level started the match with 4 pips. In 4 turns he did 2 spells I have never even seen that did over 1000 to each of us. so thats 4000 damage in 4 turns. Even using my heals we died very quickly with absolutely no chance of beating him.

I left upset but figured one guy abusing the system should not deter me. So I join another match and boom, same guy does the same thing to me and my new partner and calls me a noob because I told him that I thought what he was doing was unfair.

Please please set the matched so that all members of both sides of the match have to be within 5 levels of each other. This level 50 partnering with a level 2 so he can take out 2 level 25s is just unfair.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
I had the same thing happing to me but in my case I am a level 10 ice and the person I was with was a level 10 fire. We got matched up with a level 45 and a level 50 so of courese we lost big time there is no way for low levels to beat those high levels.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Defender
May 24, 2009
I too find it unfair, unfortunately the rank system intends to match you with people around your health and rank i believe but not your level :(

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Survivor
May 24, 2009
If you are doing practice PvP, then just set the level cap, so you aren't facing grands. If this is ranked, then the grand might have that -1 bug (hopefully which has been fixed), and you will lose a couple battles. However, after that you should be fixed with people more your level.

Liam Ashcloud, Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
Level up or quit complaining. Pick one.

He isnt complaining so lay off

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
I am a level 43 Pyromancer and I just try to take matches that I can and I usually get a Novice to fight and they just flee. I would have a much better time if I could fight someone more my level but not WWAAYY to high so they kill me in one hit even with my 2,000+ health.

Dylan Firecaster 43 Pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 17, 2009
It is not just level. Right now I am level 48, and am being beat by too many players using the balance/blindfolded lady card. By players half my level. No way to counter to stop it. And no way to progress up due to this. And have been finding most that do use it tend to get a bit offensive when you talk to them about it.

Defender
May 18, 2009
Defender
Dec 28, 2009
KaneB1 wrote:
It is not just level. Right now I am level 48, and am being beat by too many players using the balance/blindfolded lady card. By players half my level. No way to counter to stop it. And no way to progress up due to this. And have been finding most that do use it tend to get a bit offensive when you talk to them about it.

Here we go AGAIN! As I have stated many times, it is quite simple to counter Judgment (what it's called). You can use Tower Shield, Spirit Armor, Weakness, Black Mantle, or Ice Armor.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
Yeah you have a point that pvp matches can be very unequal although with reguards to balance you can counter it using tower shields but thats about it because balck mantle only lasts a turn then they will get you next one. A Weakness will not have any effect on a balance with all the blades up and a trap with fient. Spirit armor will also not help much with a fully buffed balance judgment coming 400 damage off will not do much against an attack that hits in the thousands. Ice armor can help also although thats only really for ice wizards and even then they have to get rid of all their pips to withstand it. Tower shields are really the only way to counter it but when i am on my balance i oftern find that even a tower does not get in my way with all the blades and traps with fient i can still do damage in the thousands even when its halfed. i think when you come up against a balance wizard you either need to be a ice wizard or have a mixture of tower shield treasures with sprit armor and weakness although this is a annoying amount of trouble to go to spending money to just fight a balance wizard and you will probably end up using alot of the cards during a fight. Seems a balance wiz is just an annoyance we have to live with except when you are ice in which case your chances are considerable higher.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I have found that if you creatye the match you must put a level in that is close or at the level you are. You will get slaughter if uyou do not do this.

The first time I enter a 2v2 I looked at the other wizards health and such and thought why am I going after these lower level wizards ( I am a Grand Master Ice/Balance) well I quickly learned about the ranking system. I got hand my sword back to me. finishedin three turns. Talk about a turn off.

never went back trying to figure how 6 lvl wizards could do that, rating system was the answer.

Davi Bear Ice/Balance

Historian
May 15, 2009
i have had issues with the same problems so i had thought of an idea to meet the demands of ALL pvpers on this thread right here:
https://w.izard101.com/posts/list/17254.ftl