Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

FIX THIS KI!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
There is a serious problem going on in Wizard101 and it's making the game very unenjoyable for me. I was recently fighting Vika Markmaker in The Crystal Grove, when a Level 31 Fire Student joins the fight. LEVEL 31! This brings another spider and now I'm essentially playing a 3v1. They are all attacking me, the ice spiders are consistently throwing up Tower Shields and to top it all of this person (holding back there) refuses to attack the spiders despite the fact they're ice and she's fire. Long story short, we're one hit away from winning, and I am killed and the Level 31 player makes a snarky comment as the fight ends.

This garbage needs to end. I am tired of trying to fight in Dragonspyre and being joined in battles by people who should be finishing quests in KROKOTOPIA! Why is it allowed for people to come to areas they should not be allowed to enter? It's incredibly rude to join a battle and depend on the other person to carry the battle so you can get items YOU CAN'T EVEN WEAR YET!

It's incredibly rude and if you do it, you should be ashamed of yourself. You make battles increasingly harder by doing this. You are NOT helping us. You are HURTING us. Please stop this or KI please institute bans on people porting to people in worlds they should not be a part of yet. You do it in the towers, so I know this is possible. Please put an end to this garbage that is seriously making me consider cancelling my subscription.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
:D I know where you are coming from on the porting issue. I'm to the point on my second and third characters that when I add a new friend I tell them porting without asking first will get them removed from my list. You have that option or turning off the option in your settings that allows friends to port to you. :)

That said, I really hoped that you had a way for KI to help the Cowboys out in the draft. Troll or Cyclops linemen would be interesting...

Semper Fi,

Historian
May 15, 2009
i TOTALLY agree
ive told them and i keep telling them
but they keep porting
i had my tail handed to me by Meowiarty 5 TIMES! because players keep jumping in then fleeing i remove them but6 there is ALWAYS someone else
thats why i turn off porting privallges for others before heading into a tower or dungeon i wish to solo

there are the weak and there are the strong
but only the smart will survive
Samuel dragonsword Storm master of storm

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
tlr1950 wrote:
:D I know where you are coming from on the porting issue. I'm to the point on my second and third characters that when I add a new friend I tell them porting without asking first will get them removed from my list. You have that option or turning off the option in your settings that allows friends to port to you. :)

Unfortunately it's not my doing. These are people who are porting from OTHER people and joining MY battles. They port from a friend and then roam Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
It does need to be addressed. The game is not as fun with this happening.

When I am soloing, sometimes I set all my friends at "ignore" and I use the "no porting" feature ... but ... this doesn't do anything about the lower level wizards who hitch a ride to DS and wait around on the sidewalks for a battle to start.

While soloing, I have switched to a different realm when I see low level wizards just standing around in DS ... I can't give them benefit of the doubt when I don't have anyone helping me.

They don't ask if they can join in. They don't fall off the curb into the battle. They purposely wait until the battle is down to 1 (and the battle has run down a bit), then they run in. If they have closed chat ... well, you can't even talk to them.

I still accept new wizard friend requests but I don't communicate with them like I used to. Some of the joy of the game is lost because of jumping and this race to be in the Malistaire battle while they are at level 20.

To correct the problem? I don't know. Perhaps if levels can't be "contained" within areas, then have servers (realms) dedicated to certain levels only: Drake 45-50; Drake 40-45, etc.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
i TOTALLY agree
ive told them and i keep telling them
but they keep porting
i had my tail handed to me by Meowiarty 5 TIMES! because players keep jumping in then fleeing i remove them but6 there is ALWAYS someone else
thats why i turn off porting privallges for others before heading into a tower or dungeon i wish to solo

there are the weak and there are the strong
but only the smart will survive
Samuel dragonsword Storm master of storm

sometimes i even ask people to come into the dungeon with me, AND THEY FLEE! it's ridiculous because they say "yes" to my question ( do u wunt to do a dungeon? ) and they just leave me there. plus it's a dungeon AND sometimes a tower.
I found some Level 28 Characters who said they got a code or a cheat or something to go to dragonspyre, that would be an interesting thing to research. it seems that they didnt really mark it. they went to the world tree ( as i made them, ) did not teleport but actually WENT to ds, they were adepts as i said.
thanks

MadelineLionRider lvl 50 LIFE!