Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

LOL! Smiths, Beetles, YardBirds, StrayCasts!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2008
I thought it was neat looking for little smiths in wizard city, and then finding beetles in Krocotopia was fun, and it made sense for little beetles to be hiding around.

Then I discovered the YardBirds quest in Grizzleheim, and thought.. that's strange... "YardBirds"??

And then I realized the hilarity of the names of the objects!!
They're all names of British rock bands!!

I'm sure many have already figured that out, but I think it's one of the funniest in-jokes I've seen in a game in a long time!

Now I'm wondering if the idea for the names was all pre-planned out by a rock fan at KingsIsle, or if the naming got started by accident somewhere along the way?

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
Just wait till you get to Mooshu and start finding the blue oysters in a quest called "Blue Oyster Cult".

But just to correct you on one small item, while The Beatles (beetles) and The Yardbirds were definitely british rock bands, The Stray Cats were not. The Stray Cats were an American 1980's era Rock-a-billy band.

You will find a lot of rock-n-roll and other pop culture references in many of the quest titles and such. One of the first quests you get in Grizzleheim is called The Immigrant Song, which is also a Led Zepplin song. Someone at KI definitely likes their classic rock, lol.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Survivor
May 14, 2009
there are two characters from the shakespeare play Hamlet: privates Rosencranz and Guildenstern

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
Also the last quest you get, to defeat Malistaire, is called "The Final Countdown". That is a fun song, I recommend looking it up on YouTube.

Hero
May 19, 2009
The stone roses... also an old european rock band.