Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open your eyes and see...

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
well for starters, i think that post about the not-yet-existing schools was by me... lol...

but there are two different types of complaining: the type who just comes up and rags on whatever for no reason, and the type that finds a real problem, states it, and offers a logical solution. those "OMG i lost to balance, you have to nerf the whole school so i can win more easily" posts are illogical and full of mindless drivel; clearly the first type. my post, i think and hope, stated "here's the problem, here's why, here's a way to fix it". if you absolutely have to complain, that's how to do it. otherwise, leave us alone.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
IamLezul wrote:

But it would be one thing to complain if someone dropped my choclate cake with chocolate frosting, choco chips, whipping cream, M'nMs, fudge, more fudge, brownie chunks, hmm, more brownie chunks, ooh and chocolate ice cream, and oreos off a cliff. THEN, I would complain. Actually, no i wouldnt. I would jump off the cliff, too, and get it. But then I would die
May my chocolate-filled gut rest in peace.

Oh I'm sure eating that thing would be enough to kill you from the intense dose of sugar x__x

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
It's all moot anyway. Bad players lose, and good players win. I play my fire grand and have a great win percentage, and that wasn't even one of the schools mentioned in the OP.

Class and treasures only go so far, even with balance. Eventually you develop a strat, or you stick at knight and whine about the people who beat you, regardless of class.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
Merekid wrote:
People complain about cards, schools, lots of stuff.
Here is something you should see....

School complaints:
Balance
Death
Storm
Myth
Life
Not much left for you is there?

Reasons for a lot of the complaints:
Lost one battle to a good card
Is loosing because of good cards
Thinks that treasure cards are unfair
Doesn't like other persons sheilds

That would leave you will no sheilds, bad cards, and means your not allowed to win... EVER.

Lets sum up a wizard made so that these people are happy...

Name: Wizard Test
School: ice
Main cards: ice beetle, evil snowman, ice wyvern
Chance of winning against a monster: Very low
Chance of winning in arena: Never
Chance of being called a noob: Very high

Is that what you want? Do you really want wizards to be like this?

Why don't people get it?!
This is supost to be a fun game but it has been turned into a place where people are always being put down...
called names because they're new...
reported for healing themselves...
being treated like jerkes because the other person lost...

This.... is the real world.

It shouldn't be like this.

I don't care what excuse you may think you have. You don't have one! NO ONE DOES!

And people... if you're the victim of such treatment and you say rude things back... YOU HAVE BECOME THE VILLIAN. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I leave you with no ground left to stand on. Ether you change your ways or you fall.

two wrongs don't make a right but two wrights can make an air plane!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
People are going to complain in any RPG you play. It's not a matter of balance issues, whether they exist or not. For one thing, the perspective of having a "balanced" game would differ from one point of view to another. A lot of people who participate in PvP do not have the mentality for it. What I mean by this is that you have two options when you participate that are crystal clear: you can lose or you can win. While the ultimate decision is actually: Am I having fun or am I not having fun? Bad things may happen, and people very well may complain whether it is legitimate or not. How you deal with bad things is part of what defines you.

People take things way too personally. Okay, so someone calls you a noob and they feel comfortable in doing so with the impersonal setting of the internet. So what? Why exactly are you valuing that person's opinion of who you are who when he/she: 1. probably doesn't know how well you play 2. that person is a complete stranger most likely.

It's typically overblown.

Personally, I love certain aspects of this game like the varying classes, developing strategies in multiple situations, training characters to what I envision, reading the story lines, PvP with my wizards, using treasure cards, training pets and playing races, and developing interesting friendship with certain people that my wizard comes across.

There's two types of focus that people have most often: Those who enjoy the journey and those who enjoy the destination. A lot of people who complain don't appreciate the journey that may have been equally or more fun then the actual destination.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Well said ssimon1981.

I thoroughly enjoyed getting my characters to 50 and now have a blast helping others do the same. I gave pvp a good run, determined that I was not having fun, and so stopped participating. Posters like Seasnake, who are quite passionate about pvp, attempt to convey what is wrong and people disagree. I keep informed as I am open to revisiting pvp if changes are made; it might then be fun.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - lvl 50 Ice

Survivor
Jul 01, 2008
ssimon1981 wrote:
People are going to complain in any RPG you play. It's not a matter of balance issues, whether they exist or not. For one thing, the perspective of having a "balanced" game would differ from one point of view to another. A lot of people who participate in PvP do not have the mentality for it. What I mean by this is that you have two options when you participate that are crystal clear: you can lose or you can win. While the ultimate decision is actually: Am I having fun or am I not having fun? Bad things may happen, and people very well may complain whether it is legitimate or not. How you deal with bad things is part of what defines you.

People take things way too personally. Okay, so someone calls you a noob and they feel comfortable in doing so with the impersonal setting of the internet. So what? Why exactly are you valuing that person's opinion of who you are who when he/she: 1. probably doesn't know how well you play 2. that person is a complete stranger most likely.

It's typically overblown.

Personally, I love certain aspects of this game like the varying classes, developing strategies in multiple situations, training characters to what I envision, reading the story lines, PvP with my wizards, using treasure cards, training pets and playing races, and developing interesting friendship with certain people that my wizard comes across.

There's two types of focus that people have most often: Those who enjoy the journey and those who enjoy the destination. A lot of people who complain don't appreciate the journey that may have been equally or more fun then the actual destination.

Excellent post. Thank you.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Merekid wrote:
People complain about cards, schools, lots of stuff.
Here is something you should see....

School complaints:
Balance
Death
Storm
Myth
Life
Not much left for you is there?

Reasons for a lot of the complaints:
Lost one battle to a good card
Is loosing because of good cards
Thinks that treasure cards are unfair
Doesn't like other persons sheilds

That would leave you will no sheilds, bad cards, and means your not allowed to win... EVER.

Lets sum up a wizard made so that these people are happy...

Name: Wizard Test
School: ice
Main cards: ice beetle, evil snowman, ice wyvern
Chance of winning against a monster: Very low
Chance of winning in arena: Never
Chance of being called a noob: Very high

Is that what you want? Do you really want wizards to be like this?

Why don't people get it?!
This is supost to be a fun game but it has been turned into a place where people are always being put down...
called names because they're new...
reported for healing themselves...
being treated like jerkes because the other person lost...

This.... is the real world.

It shouldn't be like this.

I don't care what excuse you may think you have. You don't have one! NO ONE DOES!

And people... if you're the victim of such treatment and you say rude things back... YOU HAVE BECOME THE VILLIAN. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I leave you with no ground left to stand on. Ether you change your ways or you fall.

i'l keep it simple. ........................................I AGREE!!!!