Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being reported by disgruntled player

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
My friends and I were recently playing a pvp match against some other players. When we won the match, one of the other players reported me then ported away before I could get their name. I received a warning from wizard 101 for inappropriate language. I was not using inappropriate language. The other player was probably mad that they lost. How can I resolve this issue or how can I keep other players from reporting because they are mad. I am not playing pvp matches anymore because of this incident.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
This happened to my husband and I just the other day. We were not pvp'ing and was in a battle in DS. We were not cursing, being rude or anything. In fact we were helping another player who was getting their derriere stomped into the ground. Some other player walked up and stood in the middle and started talking smack to this other character. I then proceeded to make a comment exactly "Now children please play nicely". I and my husband both were then reported. This did upset me at first, so I went and read the policy on being reported and found out that we had nothing to worry about because all reports get logged along with the chat log. I also read that those who make false reports can get into trouble for making false reports. This made me feel much better.

My suggestion is, if you did nothing to be reported for, do not worry. Just change servers and go on enjoying the game. Eventually, the person doing the false reports will reap the consequences.

Taryn Goldenheart
Shields, Buffs, Heals and traps that's my specialties, just don't ask me to actually kill something *smiles*

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
XOZIMOX123 wrote:
My friends and I were recently playing a pvp match against some other players. When we won the match, one of the other players reported me then ported away before I could get their name. I received a warning from wizard 101 for inappropriate language. I was not using inappropriate language. The other player was probably mad that they lost. How can I resolve this issue or how can I keep other players from reporting because they are mad. I am not playing pvp matches anymore because of this incident.

The incident will be reviewed by Mr. Lincoln and his staff...if you did nothing, just relax...you won't be the one in trouble.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
The same thing sort of happened to me. I was in mooshu in a fight with some of the ninjas when this guy reported me for being racist. I admit i did a few things that i should have been reported for but he intially reported me for being racist. I was not being racist i was just giving my opinion on the taste of some food. He asked "do you like cheese?" and i said "Yeah, who doesnt?" i was getting ready to say "well besides people who cant eat it" when all of a sudden he reported me for saying that. i did get a warning but i dont see how i was being racist by saying i liked cheese.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
A "Common Sense" method of investigating? What is the spiral coming to? hee hee

Historian
May 15, 2009
OMG i can totally relate
this happened to me yesterday
i got reported for calling this poor sport who was talking smack to me you know because i beat him down with a trition and he was in my face calling me treasure noob and so was he friends and i got reported by both for calling the dude a poor sport noob for inappropriate language

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Mr. Lincoln and the crew usually go through chat records etc. when someone is reported.You wont be the one getting in trouble. ;)

Tara Thunderheart
Ice Wizard and Destruction Extrodinare