Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Triton Kraken Quest Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I am new to this game but after getting frustrated to often I thought i'd ask if i'm doing something wrong. For 5 days I have been trying to kill the kraken for the quest in triton. I have found it impossible. I tried to talk to people no one answers and it seems the same group just sits there for hours. I ask if I can join just to do a quest and no one answers. Is there a trick to doing this quest? I have all but given up after trying so many times. I know i can skip it but part of the fun for me is doing all the quests. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Delver
May 04, 2009
That is really odd. Every time I went to fight Kraken, there were always a whole bunch of wizards waiting to fight him. And everybody talks to everybody, usually saying "I'm next" or something like that.

Try switching to a different realm and see if that helps you get to a better group to fight with. That's a very busy area. And when you have all four spots filled, it really isn't very hard to beat him. Good Luck!

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
I'm not understanding the question. Are you saying you're trying to GET the quest to battle the Kraken? Or you have it, and you're having trouble defeating him?

If the latter, I suggest you jump to a more populated server. During most common play times, the Kraken has a long line of people waiting to do battle with him, so you should have no problems finding help.

And yes, you'll find that some people like to camp out with the Kraken. Personally, I find that rude. And as you've discovered, constantly talking to them does no good. Just jump to another server until you can find an open sigil.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
What I usually do if people keep consistently killing the kraken and not letting other people join, wait for him to respawn and fling yourself into him as soon as he appears. Hopefully you'll get a spot and be able to do your quest.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
stretchcat wrote:
I am new to this game but after getting frustrated to often I thought i'd ask if i'm doing something wrong. For 5 days I have been trying to kill the kraken for the quest in triton. I have found it impossible. I tried to talk to people no one answers and it seems the same group just sits there for hours. I ask if I can join just to do a quest and no one answers. Is there a trick to doing this quest? I have all but given up after trying so many times. I know i can skip it but part of the fun for me is doing all the quests. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Here's what I do.
-Go into the Kraken Arena.
-If the fight is full, wait till the battle's over.
-Exit, then enter.(He won't come back till somebody enters.)
-Happy fighting! :)
Note: this quest is REQUIRED to go further.

-Caitlin Nightrider, Level 18 Theurgist, Krok Thrasher

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
poems8 wrote:

Actually, it's not. It is a side quest, not part of the main storyline. You can continue on and still get other quests done that will open up the next world. But, since you acepted it, it won't go away until you complete it.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
poems8 wrote:

Actually, it's not. It is a side quest, not part of the main storyline. You can continue on and still get other quests done that will open up the next world. But, since you acepted it, it won't go away until you complete it.

My mistake.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2010
You can switch servers. Instead of the same group going and going again and getting frustated of waiting. I usaully switch servers. Either normal or empty is fine with me. But if you want to battle with someone it could be normal. Crowded SOMETIMES can be not crowded in the kraken.
l: -Gabrielle LVL 14

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you're having trouble getting to fight him, go to a world that's listed as "Perfect". If a lot of people are waiting, just stand there in the middle of the circle when the battle is over and eventually, you'll get a turn.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
Since Triton Avenue is a free area, a lot people (low levels in particular) will be there. The kraken is the most popular boss there it seems. They enjoy fighting him because not only is it a fun fight, ( many of them like to show off their spells in front of a large crowd) the Kraken gives good drops also such as one day mounts and nice amulets.

As for your problem, the many campers in the Kraken battle arena are impossible to remove. Try going into your book and go to settings, (the little gear at the bottom.) And Click the 2 greyish spheres on top. Then look through the realms and select the one that has ''Perfect'' beside it. Not many people are usually there. But this might not always work as many others are trying to do this too.