Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

account muting

AuthorMessage
Administrator
glencom wrote:

Wow... just... wow...

I never knew TEN YEAR MUTES could happen. That does seem REALLY HARSH! :( I really don't think this should follow up to what FireGod calls, "Minor Offenses!" Also, what he says, "A crushing blow." I agree, waking up in the morning to play only to find out you've been muted for ten years for a minor offense seems beyond mean. This problem should be dealt with. :?

Firegod5700 most definitely earned that mute.
We do not mute lightly, however it is - I'm sure - preferable to most of our misbehaving players than the alternative of being banned from the game completely.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
all of you, i didnt want to create a big fight about the situation. i just wanted to know why i got muted. and it wasnt for ten years, it was for a week. if KI really did that, you prolly deserved it. since i have always had open chat, i prolly said a bad word or something like that. and now, i have much bigger problems going on with my account. so that was nothing. i think alot of KI rules are perfectly fine. yet some of them are on the bad side.
they are trying to protect you! if you do what they tell you, you will most likely be perfectly fine! i found that out the hard way. so just stop arguing. please. and thanks for helping me find out what was wrong. :D now, im a lvl 60 legendary! 8)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
asutton75 wrote:
What I find totally ridiculous is the fact that you just assume the people you are trading information with are adults. There is no way of knowing for sure what age they are unless you know this person in real life, in which case there would be no need for the exchange of personal information. My 13 year old son types/speaks/acts like an adult and if asked in the game he would say he is 13 BUT, it would be very easy for him to lie about it and say he is 25 or whatever. It isn't that hard or even far fetched to think of someone lying about their age.

When you signed up for this game the ToS was right there for you to read and has been there the entire time of your play. If you chose not to read it then that is your lose but you shouldn't fault KI for your lack of interest in the rules. It clearly states that the exchange of personal information will result in a permanent ban. If this is something you partook in and was reported then you got lucky with the ten year mute and not a total ban of your account. Plain and simple, you broke the rules, you pay the price.

I don't have to worry about the safety of my kids, as far as internet predators go, with this game. This is NOT a social networking site. It is a game, one in which many, many, many children play, and frankly with you being an adult you should understand this. I don't know if you have kids or not, but believe me, if I were to see you asking someone for their email address I would report you immediately regardless of if it were a friend you had had for over a year or whatever. You can NEVER be sure of who you are talking to on the other side of that computer screen. Asking for personal info is against the rules and again I say, if you can't follow the rules you deserve the punishment that has been dealt.

I completely agree. All parents are going to worry about their kids and they want a safe game for them to play. Also if I were at a young age I would be very freaked out if some one asked me for me e-mail or a way to contact me. Also as a mother i would be freaked out that some one like that is playing a game my child is.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
saicosis wrote:
I thought more last night about the harshness of this account muting. I read where one person posted this is "not" a social network only a game. That is ubsurd. Anytime you open your mouth or type in "hi" now you are in a social exchange. It is a game but very much a social network. This reminded me of a news story I read last year concerning zero tolerance. A straight A honor roll student helped her family with the moving from one home to another. The following Monday she drove to school. Someone saw a small paring knife that has slipped from a bag on the carpet on the passenger side, and reported it to the office. The student was suspended and denied the privledge of attending her graduation ceremony. Does anyone see this as fair or the right decision for this girl? It went to court and the girl was vendicated. I would hope the moderators who sit as judge and jury would see the ubsurdity in absolute zero tolerance does not work in every case.
And again I beg these "mods" to go stand in the commons area and see the language, taunting and harassing that some of the younger players are allowed to continue.

I see that so much i might not be considered a adult player or a younger person but almost every time i see people standing around harassing each other and almost every time i got through some one says i need a girlfriend or i need a boyfriend and she them some how talking through the filters to the point when it is foul language and taunting each other trying to start fights. I really wish KI would send a person to each realm in the commons area to see this and see how horrible it is.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
mylesw wrote:
all of you, i didnt want to create a big fight about the situation. i just wanted to know why i got muted. and it wasnt for ten years, it was for a week. if KI really did that, you prolly deserved it. since i have always had open chat, i prolly said a bad word or something like that. and now, i have much bigger problems going on with my account. so that was nothing. i think alot of KI rules are perfectly fine. yet some of them are on the bad side.
they are trying to protect you! if you do what they tell you, you will most likely be perfectly fine! i found that out the hard way. so just stop arguing. please. and thanks for helping me find out what was wrong. :D now, im a lvl 60 legendary! 8)

I have never been muted or anything but i do know some people that should have been muted but never were that called me so many bad names just because i sent them away because they were doing that to other players i think that KI should make a thing where you can ban some one from you house because of that reason.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
brytenshynee wrote:
"

Consider yourself very lucky for that 10 year mute, as asking for personal information here can result in an account ban.

do you think that a 10 year mute is any better then an account ban? its like falling off an 80 story building and thinking at least it is not an 86 story building, you would be dead anyway it dont matter. same with this. a ten year old gets muted for 10 years. do you really think he will remember to come back when he is twenty? they need to soften up the penalty.

heather wild flame lvl 37 pyro
dont ignore a spark for soon it will become an inferno