Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The clutter of "Friends Only" matches

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
Is there a good reason why we have to scroll through nearly a few hundred "Friends Only" matches of one form or another just to get to the matches that will actually fill and go to arena before the next scheduled server maintenance?

Is it not better to have them roll off, expire, put under a separate tab, or just have them at a third Arena Organizer altogether: The Ranked, The Practice, and The Friends Only boards? Path-finding a way through the "Island of Misfit Matches" to get to the "Beach of Open Battles" gets to be a bummer if it's been a while since the last cleaning out.

I understand their purpose, and use the feature often, but they, more than any other type of match, really clutter the arena boards. Am I alone in seeing this as a headache?

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Until they pretty much eliminate rewards from losing and reward wins based on merit (be it length of match, damage done, etc.), it will continue to exist.

Blame easy manipulation.

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
Until they pretty much eliminate rewards from losing and reward wins based on merit (be it length of match, damage done, etc.), it will continue to exist.

Blame easy manipulation.

What are you talking about? Did you read the first post? I can't see at all how your reply has anything to do with the subject.

-

Anyway, yes the OP has the right of it. They even gave the best solution. Put in another match organizer NPC for the friends only matches. Or let them expire. We've brought this up plenty of times in the past.

The friends only matches have made auto matching anything other than a 1v1 completely useless. In addition to the loading times and scrolling times required to get to the back of the list where the matches are actually going to be playable.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
Gwendolyn you are exactly right. There are so many dead links in the arena it becomes quite a burden to have to scroll through hundreds and hundreds of "dead" battles to get to the active newer battles. In another post, I proposed two changes to the practice arena to solve this problem.

1) Implement a time limit for pending battles to expire when there is no new activity on them, a pop-up window can come up asking all players if they want to stay in, if they respond yes the timer will reset, if they don't respond they will be dropped from the match.

2) Add a button at the bottom of the arena menu that will scroll to the last page of most recent battles.

If these two measures were added to the game, the arena experience would be a lot smoother and battles would be easier to find.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
I'm not really sure why they are there. i think that reserved matches are supposed to be first that friends can join up easily with others. Besides, can't they just go to the friends tab then?