Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting people for, "Bolting"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
I don't want wild bolt to be banned, actually i like it. I am guilty of bolting before. One thing i think is annoying is boosting a bolt to around or at 100% accuracy.

start with a sniper treasure card on a bolt. = 30%
pvp gear. =46%
precision = 56%
precision treasure card = 76%
the life accuracy card. (i cant remember name) = 86%
the storm plus 10% accuracy card = 96% accuracy.

all the while their being boosted with treasures and normal spells.
but then again it gives me time to kill them :D
connor seagem lvl 49 balance MASTER OF BALANCE

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
Lets be realistic reporting a storm for the use of wildbolt would be wrong indeed. Its the use of wildbolt by Non storm wizards that seems to be the problem. I lost count how many time I have been bolted in pvp by other then storm wizards does it make ya mad sure but hey learn from it and move on.
these terms such as chainers and bolters are just words people remember this sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me think on it when you PVP Yes I'm storm and yes I do use wildbolt for to reasons 1. When I'm bolted I always return the favor. 2. I do call them poor sports when they are not storm what are they doing in pvp and not using their schools spells. you people know who you are like the level 12 ice that had bolts of 30% accurracy he was a warlord because of this alone surely no use of his own schools spell at that level could have gotten his to that rank.

Fallon Grandmaster Storm

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Popman98 wrote:
THAT SICKENS ME! people are now actually tring to report people for wild bolting?next you will tell me that they report people using the spell judgment!you arent going to have the rank warlord handed to you on a silver platter!you have to get used to variety of types and have good strategys to be worthy of a title such as warlord!! *sigh*...i just people would see logic...

8)

Jared Stormblade 50 diviner

"If we all see common sense, I wont chunk peanut butter-jellies at anbody"

It does get annoying sometimes *sigh* but hey that is there choice maybe soon they will realize they are starting up a rally about it and people want to kill them. But reporting them probably is not the brightest of ideas...

Survivor
May 24, 2009
here is an idea, tell ki to reprogram WILD BOLT so it cant be used to make treasure cards out of , cause i also know that there are spell cards out there that cant be turned into treasure cards like smoke screen for my GRANDMASTER OF FIRE :), judgement should be the same way also, cause it gives a total disaventage over people who dont have it.

Sincerely,
Valkoor Titanblade
Master of Fire
LvL 50 Grandmaster

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
Actually I think wild bolt is kind of . As long as other person puts a storm shield their safe. And yeah wild bolt is fine.

~Esmee EmeraldDust Ice Grandmaster (Level 50)

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
Actually I think wild bolt is kind of . As long as other person puts a storm shield their safe. And yeah wild bolt is fine.

Esmee EmeraldDust Ice Grand

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Really its just an attack approved by Wizard101, and if you don't like the attack then don't come in contact with any Ranked Match what so ever. Practice Match even if you don't like being beaten even though it won't count for any record.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
frogboy38668 wrote:
well look they should be reported people that are balance gets warlord by judgementing which knocks me out and bolting does the same i get those two schools times balance 30% storm 40% and i see that most of them are warlords balance 80% storm 70% so why we dont get killer cards still just think if a fient and a storm trap on you and a elemental blade + storm blade was on him that bolt could take you out easy sence thats whats happens to me my ranking prob at like -10 so ban these card all ready so i can get a good ranking

grandmaster pyromancer
tyler dragoneyes

Really? Oh, yeah, let's ban every card in the game except those used by you so you can get a good ranking! Let's make everyone walk around in their novice clothes, but give you the Valkyrie set for free! That isn't happening. Learn how to take on other people. No one is going to hand you your win on a silver platter.
~Cristopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
it doesnt bother me that diviners use the wild bolt spell

its people not of that school who build up the spell in treasure cards then use it

i dont like being bolted but i prefer if treasure cards were disallowed in pvp it just isnt really fair i dont think personally

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
Popman98 wrote:
THAT SICKENS ME! people are now actually tring to report people for wild bolting?next you will tell me that they report people using the spell judgment!you arent going to have the rank warlord handed to you on a silver platter!you have to get used to variety of types and have good strategys to be worthy of a title such as warlord!! *sigh*...i just people would see logic...

8)

in a way, you are right and in another you are wrong. even though the path to warlord is difficult, wild bolt takes no skill and should not be called a "strategy" because it is just plain luck

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
THAT IS RIDICULUS! People in thsi game get way TOO seriuos. They would curse you andsay inappropiate things. THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED! Like in one arena these people would be mean and hurtful to you just because you mabey had defeated them or put them way down. (Its a different story when they stun chaining, but they still shouldnt be cursing.) SO this is what i had to say.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
eh that's silly for bolting to be a reportable offense, that's just pathetic, although, I do agree that wild bolt is a big cheat. If you can get in trouble for "bolting" then I am sure they wouldn't allow it. It is a spell, even though it's not a fair spell, its still their spell. One day they will ban it from arena.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
Wild Bolt, Judgement, Stun, let's add using minions and see how people like it. I mean next thing you know, people will complain that us conjurers can use so many different minions in pvp so we can have at least a small chance of winning. Get real some people need to realize that certain schools just aren't cut out for pvp or atleast certain types of pvp. How about we add Fire Dragon to the list and say that Scarecrow should be banned for chain healing and say that Rebirth is bad because of chain shielding.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Everstar55 wrote:
THAT IS RIDICULUS! People in thsi game get way TOO seriuos. They would curse you andsay inappropiate things. THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED! Like in one arena these people would be mean and hurtful to you just because you mabey had defeated them or put them way down. (Its a different story when they stun chaining, but they still shouldnt be cursing.) SO this is what i had to say.
I agree it's a spell, it's fair to, my balance has even been reported for using judgement, I agree that is ridiciulous :x

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
legolsk wrote:
Popman98 wrote:

8)

in a way, you are right and in another you are wrong. even though the path to warlord is difficult, wild bolt takes no skill and should not be called a "strategy" because it is just plain luck

well if the wid bolter is so called "running on luck", it should be easy for you to beat him with a strategy, eh?

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
Just got hit 3 times in a row with this.

Annoying as anything I've ever seen. And yeah, when you get hit 3 times in a row by a spell that has a 10% chance to hit, it's annoying.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
I am a storm and i do 1v1 pvp and yes i use bolt but its fair. First of all almost everyone has a storm shield or a tower and bolt is our only way to get rid of shields with little pips. I mean ice has frost bite, fire has fire elf, myth has orthrus,death has poison, and judgment can only be blocked by a tower shield. And yes i left out life because they can heal. But bolt is our only way to get rid of shields besides the convert trick and having a storm wand, but when you use bolt even with a shield it does a good amount of damage which a storm wand won't do that extra damage and with convert you have to use one every time you use a spell. Plus when were waiting for pips it comes in handy and the accuracy is very low.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
I went on Wizard101 Central.com on the forums there there's a poll that asks, "Which one of these should be a reporatble offense?". Once of the choices was, "Bolting". What does that mean?

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Bolting means, like you report someone for using wild bolt which does 1000 damage. But has only 10 Accuracy so it usually fizzles.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
frogboy38668 wrote:
well look they should be reported people that are balance gets warlord by judgementing which knocks me out and bolting does the same i get those two schools times balance 30% storm 40% and i see that most of them are warlords balance 80% storm 70% so why we dont get killer cards still just think if a fient and a storm trap on you and a elemental blade + storm blade was on him that bolt could take you out easy sence thats whats happens to me my ranking prob at like -10 so ban these card all ready so i can get a good ranking

grandmaster pyromancer
tyler dragoneyes

i can disagree with that comment you don't understand i see warlord that was and ice ,life ,and fire. you are just complaining because you can fight and the warlords can that is no reason to ban judge(judgement) or bolt(wild bolt)

brianna winterheaven
lvl 50
balance

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
9rjb wrote:
Ok first of all why don't KI just make it like level 35+ thing on the bolt. Too many times I have seen novices bolt me when they ask me to go easy on them. Its not worth reporting though. I just get mad when someone who isnt from the storm school chain bolts.

Wow i wouldnt go easy on them. Their doing pvp to battle other players. And if your too low of a level to win then level up. If someone wanted me to go easy on them i would smash them with an attack that does 3000 plus.... hehe death wizards can do that much damage... and more hehe

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
why do yo have to go to chelsea court on ice when you cant even go there to get your minion :(

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Over half the PvPers yell 'noob' and 'stew o pit wild bolt'. Thanks to them KI changed Wild Bolt into a horrible weak spell that is basically pointless.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Tholstar wrote:
I don't particularly like Wild Bolt from either perspective. My storm character doesn't particularly like it because it rarely works and I feel like I wasted a valuable turn. My other characters hate it because when it works, it hurts A LOT.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the spell, but the spell is designed to be inaccurate. It's a last ditch effort shot to win a fight. The problem I see with the spell is that with full arena gear and a Keen Eyes, the Wild Bolt is as much as 36%. If you have time to put a 10% accuracy on yourself (or a Life person does it for you), then you're getting close to 50%. This is no longer a gamble. This is closer to a sure bet. I know to always have Storm shields in the arena, but I must admit that it takes much of the fun out of it for me. I disagree with shandakor above. If you PvP often, you will eventually see someone get lucky enough to successfully Wild Bolt as many as 5 times in a row. I've fizzled up to 4 times in a row before, so I'm quite certain the opposite is possible unless KI is not telling us everything about how the calculate accuracy.

He posted before he knew about the NEW and WEAK wild bolt.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008