Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ATTENTION: Fire type, why its broken.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Now before I start, I would like to say not "broken" meaning technically not working, but broken as in the sense it is the weakest and worst choice out of all classes. Here are my reasons why the fire type needs to be strengthened/ changed.

Reason #1 Severely weak spells compared to other classes.

Examples:Sunbird vs Storm Shark

Both are three pip required spells.

Sunbird Damage is 295-355

Storm Shark is 375-435

Accuracy is 75% on Sunbird and 70% on Storm shark.
How does a -5% decrease in accuracy make up for almost a hundred percent difference in damage? It simply doesn't, not to mention the fact that every storm wizard gets a 10%+ accuracy card at level 2. Meaning any smart person can easily make Storm Shark have a 80% accuracy rating without the cost of an extra pip. The fire type wizards have no such accuracy boosting card, yet still remain second lowest accuracy type.
Does that make sense to you?

Example #2

This one I call the level 48 spell disaster.

Fire Dragon vs Frost Giant vs Storm Lord

Again we see similar trends
All rank 7 spells of the three "elemental" classes.

Accuracy:
Fire dragon accuracy is 75%, yet again.
Frost Giant is a staggering 80%.
Storm Lord is a 70%, again.

Damages (Where the fun begins)

Fire Dragon actually looks kind of decent once you actually find out how terrible it is. A mere 440 Damage to all + 351 fire damage over three rounds [To all enemies], Note the DAMAGE OVER TIME.

Frost Giant is 475 Ice damage and stuns all enemies which is kind of terrible aswell for a rank 7 spell, but at least there is a stun.

and of course one of the most ridiculous spells in the game...

Storm Lord.... a staggering 690 Storm Damage and Stun all enemies.

All these stuns and what does the fire type get? Nothing but a little extra damage of time.... well here coming up is the truth behind damage over time.

Reason #2 Damage Over time, the broken mess of Wizard101.

The fire class is the most weak from this perspective.
Damage over time in Wizard101 gives nothing but the enemy time to shield up and prevent damage that the fire type so desperately lacks, therefore not making the fire class a worthy PvP choice or PvE choice.

Example # 1 Here I will take X pip cards and compare them in depth.

Heck Hound vs Judgment vs Tempest vs Ice Armor

Accuracy:
Heck Hound is 75%
Judgment is 85%
Ice Armor is 90%
Tempest is 70%

Main card stats:
Heck Hound - Damage: 120 per pip over 3 rounds (40 damage: 1 pip, 80 damage: 2 pips, ect.)

Judgment - 100 Balance Damage per Pip

Ice Armor - Absorb 125 damage per pip.

Tempest - 80 Storm damage per pip to all enemies

Well now, do I really even need to say anything here? Looking at this anyone with a brain can see the absolute fail that is fire. But none the less, here I go. Say you have 10 pips saved up, a Tempest attack will do 800 damage to every enemy you are fighting, Ice armor will block a total of 1250 damage, Judgment will hit for 1000 damage to a single target. Heck Hound on the other hand will do 1200 damage right? Well yes taking into consideration that the 1200 damage is actually done 400 damage per turn after your original attack. Giving the enemy plenty of time to defend themselves and making your attack USELESS. Here is a major flaw in class/type design.

Reason #3 Weakest Minion ingame.

Fire Elemental vs Animate vs Cyclops vs Sprite Guardian vs Mander Minion

Here we see another serious weakness to the fire type class.
Note : All these spells have 100% accuracy.

Fire Elemental cost 3 pips.
Animate cost X amount of pips (varies on strength of minion)
Cyclops cost 4 pips.
Sprite Guardian cost 4 pips.
Mander Minion cost 3 pips.

Minion Health
Fire Elemental 400 HP
Animate varies. http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Animate_%28Minion%29
Cyclops Minion 575 HP
Sprite Guardian 350 HP
Mander Minion 300 HP

Fire Elemental available spells:
Fire Cat
Fire Elf
Fireblade
Fire Shield

Animate available spells vary.
http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Animate_%28Minion%29
Link placed because the text is simply too much to type.

Cyclops Minion available spells at 4 pip cost of minion:
Donate Power
Ghoul
Sunbird
Sprite
Fairy
Mythblade
Mythtrap
Bloodbat
Natural Attack
Troll
Cyclops
Storm Shark

Sprite Guardian available spells:
Physical Attack: (non-spell) Unknown
Guiding Light
Imp
Sprite
Fairy
Satyr
Unicorn

Mander Minion available spells:
Physical Attack: Balance damage per pip
Balanceblade
Black Mantle
Donate Power
Elemental Shield
Elemental Trap
Kraken
Locust Swarm
Sandstorm
Weakness

Does anyone see the difference here? The difference in power is ASTONISHING. The Fire Elemental minion is the most worthless and useless spell ingame, not even worth the 3 pips it is to summon. It is the only summon ingame that has NOT A SINGLE 3 PIP ATTACK.

Conclusion:

I hope the reason I have stated above will make someone who can make a difference actually do something about this,the fire type class is seriously gimped in all of Wizard101 and there is no reason what so ever to make a fire type wizard. I hope this changes in the future and thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Please feel free to comment and discuss appropriately and please do not flame. Thank you.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
OH PLEASE!
I notice how you ONLY compare fire to the GOOD parts of other schools.
The reason ice has ice armor and stun for giant is caus ethey are the WEAKEST school, life is close, but their rank 6 card does more damage. Second fire is FINE! If you dont like it dont pick it. ICe minon has 400 health, and all it does is fire elf, storm shark, and storm bats. at least your has a shield and blade

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
sry i forgot this~
heck hound does the same damage as ice armor shields. BUT! it can have blades and traps, there is no SHIELD BOAST.... which their should be for ice....

Defender
May 24, 2009
This is quite funny. Lol Well first of all storm is the strongest school of all, fire being the second strongest and so on...... Well hope it helps :p

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I don't completely agree with your arguments, but I do have a problem with the School of Fire. The first being that my friends and I have noticed a trend in fizzles among Fire and Storm spells. Fire seems to fizzle A LOT more than Storm which, as per the fizzle percentages, should not be so. Two or more of my friends can testify to that as well as others that I have spoken with on the issue. Secondly, and perhaps the most critical flaw in the balance between the Fire school and its damage relationship with the others: DoT does not receive clothing boost. This means that Fire Elf, Link, Heckhound, Scald, and Fire Dragon receive no added damage from clothing, whereas any other school benefits from its 25-35% damage boost (considering grandmaster Dragonspyre gear), which acts like an extra charm or trap. This leaves a gaping hole in the damage range of the School of Fire which, as it has been stated, should be the 2nd most powerful (on a damage basis of course) school.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
From what i hear you not looking at the big picture.Fire does damage over time yes but it not weak that way. that can be used to waste the enemys shields in pvp or take away their shields in pve.and fire has its own power.fire has 5% more chance of not fizzling then storm yes but the less chance of it working means the more powerful for storm.like heck hound.does damage over time.if you have all power pips.fire blade.elemental blade.and wild fire.it can take over 1'000 damage per turn if they not resistant to fire.i know i used it to defeat malistaire.

so fire school and storm and ice has their own power

fire has damage over time

ice has shielding and stun

storm has less chance working on some spells but does major damage if it works

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
kegross wrote:
Now before I start, I would like to say not "broken" meaning technically not working, but broken as in the sense it is the weakest and worst choice out of all classes. Here are my reasons why the fire type needs to be strengthened/ changed.

Reason #1 Severely weak spells compared to other classes.

Examples:Sunbird vs Storm Shark

Both are three pip required spells.

Sunbird Damage is 295-355

Storm Shark is 375-435

Accuracy is 75% on Sunbird and 70% on Storm shark.
How does a -5% decrease in accuracy make up for almost a hundred percent difference in damage? It simply doesn't, not to mention the fact that every storm wizard gets a 10%+ accuracy card at level 2. Meaning any smart person can easily make Storm Shark have a 80% accuracy rating without the cost of an extra pip. The fire type wizards have no such accuracy boosting card, yet still remain second lowest accuracy type.
Does that make sense to you?

Example #2

This one I call the level 48 spell disaster.

Fire Dragon vs Frost Giant vs Storm Lord

Again we see similar trends
All rank 7 spells of the three "elemental" classes.

Accuracy:
Fire dragon accuracy is 75%, yet again.
Frost Giant is a staggering 80%.
Storm Lord is a 70%, again.

Damages (Where the fun begins)

Fire Dragon actually looks kind of decent once you actually find out how terrible it is. A mere 440 Damage to all + 351 fire damage over three rounds [To all enemies], Note the DAMAGE OVER TIME.

Frost Giant is 475 Ice damage and stuns all enemies which is kind of terrible aswell for a rank 7 spell, but at least there is a stun.

and of course one of the most ridiculous spells in the game...

Storm Lord.... a staggering 690 Storm Damage and Stun all enemies.

All these stuns and what does the fire type get? Nothing but a little extra damage of time.... well here coming up is the truth behind damage over time.

Reason #2 Damage Over time, the broken mess of Wizard101.

The fire class is the most weak from this perspective.
Damage over time in Wizard101 gives nothing but the enemy time to shield up and prevent damage that the fire type so desperately lacks, therefore not making the fire class a worthy PvP choice or PvE choice.

Example # 1 Here I will take X pip cards and compare them in depth.

Heck Hound vs Judgment vs Tempest vs Ice Armor

Accuracy:
Heck Hound is 75%
Judgment is 85%
Ice Armor is 90%
Tempest is 70%

Main card stats:
Heck Hound - Damage: 120 per pip over 3 rounds (40 damage: 1 pip, 80 damage: 2 pips, ect.)

Judgment - 100 Balance Damage per Pip

Ice Armor - Absorb 125 damage per pip.

Tempest - 80 Storm damage per pip to all enemies

Well now, do I really even need to say anything here? Looking at this anyone with a brain can see the absolute fail that is fire. But none the less, here I go. Say you have 10 pips saved up, a Tempest attack will do 800 damage to every enemy you are fighting, Ice armor will block a total of 1250 damage, Judgment will hit for 1000 damage to a single target. Heck Hound on the other hand will do 1200 damage right? Well yes taking into consideration that the 1200 damage is actually done 400 damage per turn after your original attack. Giving the enemy plenty of time to defend themselves and making your attack USELESS. Here is a major flaw in class/type design.

Reason #3 Weakest Minion ingame.

Fire Elemental vs Animate vs Cyclops vs Sprite Guardian vs Mander Minion

Here we see another serious weakness to the fire type class.
Note : All these spells have 100% accuracy.

Fire Elemental cost 3 pips.
Animate cost X amount of pips (varies on strength of minion)
Cyclops cost 4 pips.
Sprite Guardian cost 4 pips.
Mander Minion cost 3 pips.

Minion Health
Fire Elemental 400 HP
Animate varies. http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Animate_%28Minion%29
Cyclops Minion 575 HP
Sprite Guardian 350 HP
Mander Minion 300 HP

Fire Elemental available spells:
Fire Cat
Fire Elf
Fireblade
Fire Shield

Animate available spells vary.
http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Animate_%28Minion%29
Link placed because the text is simply too much to type.

Cyclops Minion available spells at 4 pip cost of minion:
Donate Power
Ghoul
Sunbird
Sprite
Fairy
Mythblade
Mythtrap
Bloodbat
Natural Attack
Troll
Cyclops
Storm Shark

Sprite Guardian available spells:
Physical Attack: (non-spell) Unknown
Guiding Light
Imp
Sprite
Fairy
Satyr
Unicorn

Mander Minion available spells:
Physical Attack: Balance damage per pip
Balanceblade
Black Mantle
Donate Power
Elemental Shield
Elemental Trap
Kraken
Locust Swarm
Sandstorm
Weakness

Does anyone see the difference here? The difference in power is ASTONISHING. The Fire Elemental minion is the most worthless and useless spell ingame, not even worth the 3 pips it is to summon. It is the only summon ingame that has NOT A SINGLE 3 PIP ATTACK.

Conclusion:

I hope the reason I have stated above will make someone who can make a difference actually do something about this,the fire type class is seriously gimped in all of Wizard101 and there is no reason what so ever to make a fire type wizard. I hope this changes in the future and thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Please feel free to comment and discuss appropriately and please do not flame. Thank you.

We are actuly lucky for us to do 791 damage when the spell is all over.I feel sorry for myth.Because orthriyus (sorry don`t know how to spell it) only goes for one enemy and only does 800 damage with no stun.So that is my reson why fire is not broken.

Kyle Foestaff lvl 48

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Fire weak?

That was the first wizard I made in this game. And she's a force all on her own, when playing. In fact, I have to 'dumb' her play down when in group fighting, cause her spells make it difficult for the others on the team to get hits in...

And that's just using her dragon and blades/boosts when I play her. So I actually have to dump her spells for lower damage spells, just so the rest of the team feels they're not there taking up space and just observing.

I've lost track of how many times I've heard in our playing circle, 'Oh no...Here comes Dragon Lady. Might as well just sit it out, she'll have it over with in 3 rounds.' It kinda makes me not want to play her, simply cause I feel she ruins the play for those in our group.