Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No More Wild Bolts!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
To whom it may concern,
Wizard 101 has done an amazing job in creating unique schools with unique abilities that are at the same time quite similar in power and fairness. However, I have recently noticed an increase in a quite unfair spell titled "wild bolt". To my understanding it only requires two pips to deal one thousand damage; whereas in all other schools six pips only deals around six hundred damage. Why was the storm school given such a move that does almost twice the damage for one third of the pips? It seems quite unfair to me and a majority of the other frustrated players that I team up with. An explaination would be very helpful and much appreciated. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

-Blaine Firewielder

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Wild bolt only works 10/100 times, ( 10%) so it's not really helpful, it usually fizzles, (Evan, lvl 41 storm wizard)

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Well, here's the thing. Storm is for damage, right? Well, two pips= 1000 damage with, here's the catch, 10 accuracy. Okay, so why is it in the game? Well, I will answer it with a question of my own: why does life have dryad? Why does ice have stuns? Why does fire have DoTs? It's as simple as that. Wild Bolt is in the game because storm needs something besides merely triton to count on. 'Nuff said.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
dog933 wrote:
To whom it may concern,
Wizard 101 has done an amazing job in creating unique schools with unique abilities that are at the same time quite similar in power and fairness. However, I have recently noticed an increase in a quite unfair spell titled "wild bolt". To my understanding it only requires two pips to deal one thousand damage; whereas in all other schools six pips only deals around six hundred damage. Why was the storm school given such a move that does almost twice the damage for one third of the pips? It seems quite unfair to me and a majority of the other frustrated players that I team up with. An explaination would be very helpful and much appreciated. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

-Blaine Firewielder
Ok...

1. Wild bolt only has 10 accuracy!

2. I am guessing you forgot the adventages of storm or never listened to the quiz...Storm are known for strong attacks. They are not gonna rely on spells that have like centaurs damage

3. most foes already would have a storm shield by the time a storm person wild bolt can hit.

4. Storm shields arent expensive, buy some. There is a amulet called Ratunas torc.(it gives 3 -85% shields against storm.

So stop bagging on wild bolt everyone

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
There must be a trick to casting a wild bolt. I had a Storm wizard and when I got wild bolt it said it was only 10%. Soooo every time I tried to cast it , it would fizzle. I agree that once a Storm wizard does figure out how to cast this spell without fizzling it can be annoying, but thats just part of the game.
Every school has their pluses and minuses. Anyway, I deleted this wizard and created a death who is now in Dragopnspyre.
:D

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
dog933 wrote:
To whom it may concern,

-Blaine Firewielder

Blaine every school has its pros and cons, if you don't like it you have to deal with it or quit the game.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
yea i totally agree sorry but wild bolts is far from WORST spell out there it fizzles allot but the real spell that needs at least some type OF DEFENSE FOR or be TOOK AWAY would be of course the least favorite spell out there and i hear everyone complain about it JUDGEMENT i mean come on no defense not even tower shields and absorbs TOTALLY NOT FAIR for real you could be ice and have a full on power pip ice absorb shield and your tower shield and still you get killed that is the real one you should be saying PLEASE NO MORE OF lol

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
coolkidman wrote:
Well, here's the thing. Storm is for damage, right? Well, two pips= 1000 damage with, here's the catch, 10 accuracy. Okay, so why is it in the game? Well, I will answer it with a question of my own: why does life have dryad? Why does ice have stuns? Why does fire have DoTs? It's as simple as that. Wild Bolt is in the game because storm needs something besides merely triton to count on. 'Nuff said.

first off ice only has 2 stuns, singal and mutiple, ice giant and stun are the cards, but sense certain people cant win without chain stunning the rest of us have to suffer :(

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
fallen235 wrote:

Blaine every school has its pros and cons, if you don't like it you have to deal with it or quit the game.

spoken by a true, has a strong storm person so makes wildbolts with sniper cards and trade them to my other low lvl wizards to when in pvp when the oppenent has less than 1000 health, bolter

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
I'm From Balance School and I just LOVE my JUDGEMENT card!!! :P

Only problem is to cast it effectivly you need a ton of trap and buff cards
piled on for it to do any major damage ALSO the FACT that you NEED
the highest 'Power Pip Percentage' you can get and well no one I have talked to has ever gotten it to 100% yet (now that would be auwsum in deed!!) but think about it fellow Wizards It takes 'Turns' to place trap and buff cards... most of the time balance can bearly get by soloing because
their PP percentage is not high enuff. So it does even out each School has its pluses and minuses.

Defender
May 30, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
fallen235 wrote:

spoken by a true, has a strong storm person so makes wildbolts with sniper cards and trade them to my other low lvl wizards to when in pvp when the oppenent has less than 1000 health, bolter

Alec, just because he/she thinks you should stop complaining about wild bolt, doesn't mean that person uses the spell. I have to agree, it's part of the game and people should deal with it. Just like stunning, it isn't cheating/illegal/noobish, it's called using what you have to your advantage. YOU on the other hand sound like someone who wants to complain when you don't have a match go your way or thinks that the way you play is the "fair and legal" way to play.....doesn't feel so great when someone bags on you does it???

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
asutton75 wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
fallen235 wrote:

Alec, just because he/she thinks you should stop complaining about wild bolt, doesn't mean that person uses the spell. I have to agree, it's part of the game and people should deal with it. Just like stunning, it isn't cheating/illegal/noobish, it's called using what you have to your advantage. YOU on the other hand sound like someone who wants to complain when you don't have a match go your way or thinks that the way you play is the "fair and legal" way to play.....doesn't feel so great when someone bags on you does it???

thank you and no i dont bolt i use judgment ;)